Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

edwards - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: edwards - [email protected] Reply with quote

I got in touch with Ed Edwards on July 30th about a beam purchase and made phone contact with him on July 31st. Ed sounded competent and knowledgable and more so sounded like a good guy so I sent a paypal for $415 to purchase a 4 inch narrowed beam with torsions and tie rods.

Ed told me on the phone that the beam would ship the following monday which gave him eleven days to build the beam. The beam did not ship, no problem.. I accepted a delay of a week in shipping, again no problem. After recieving the beam and getting the trailing arms on it was determined that the torsion packs were cut wrong, I sent Ed pics of them and he agreed there was a problem. Ed agreed to send me some more torsion packs, After a week I emailed him about the packs and he had decided to send me a complete beam instaed and it would go out the following monday.

I contacted Ed via email on friday sept 26 and got no replay, I called him and went to message, Ed replied to my email later with apologies and assured me the beam would ship monday sept 29th and he would email me in the afternoon. No email, no contact! My car has been on jack stands for 6 weeks and im sick of it. I dont have the freedom to just spend money like this and not get what I paid for. I have a family to support and a mortgage to pay, I stashed money away for several months to afford this purchase and two months later I have nothing to show for it.

Whoever moderates this forum, I hope I have been specific enough about my problem and I hate saying anything negative about people but this guy has a problem with doing honest business.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=480881

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your description of the issue is very well laid out in my opinion.
This seller should rectify this situation immediately.
I sent him an email with this thread.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
edwards
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i did say sorry for the beam. i was very fair and instead of making him ship it back to me i said i would send him a new one with trailing arms already installed because he was haveing problems installing his. which means he get two beams instead at the price of one and one has trailing arms installed! i never once got a phone message and always repleyed to his emails. sorry if i didnt get your "free" second beam, shipped fast enough for you. also i sent an mail today saying that it was goin out tomorrow and have got no reply from you. do that make you dishonest"?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed, I just got your email and I did leave you a phone message friday. According to your last email on friday you would send monday and notify monday, neither of those things happened. I am not asking for anything free, All I want to do is drive my car.

Just imagine yourself in my position for a minute and please know that I will be happy to send the other beam back to you but I wont be held hostage over it.

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
MTIguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how this businessman responds.
"well i did say sorry for the beam"
"sorry if i didnt get your "free" second beam, shipped fast enough for you."

Not professional like, so and so I did receive the calls and e-mails, here is a tracking number, lets work this out.

I would imagine that if you post here with an issue, chances are the B.S. has probably started and the ripoff alarms are starting to wail.

People work hard for their hobby and it turns my stomach when time and time again we see the "reaction" if any to rectify the situation, only after being outed. Just deliver as promised and complete the transaction.

There are plenty of success stories and they make me happy for the buyer and/or seller, I file them away for a later date that I may need that service. This story would not convince me to look him up.
Nate@wagenswest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Ed,s feedback Reply with quote

I have known ED for over ten years he's loyal like a dog and a pretty good VW mechanic what every issues you have with him I am sure he will rectify it.

Give him break, you will get yours.
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to say that Ed has taken care of this issue and I am very happy with the product, Ed priority shipped the parts I needed and the beam went together nicely. Thanks Ed!

edwards
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for all the trouble man. i am glad we are square
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
emzee503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed knows whats going on with vws all around. hes helped me out quite a few times with suspension issues. hit him up and he will help you out.
the bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, your A-OK!
jkojouharov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Ed about a narrowed beam on 15th July 2009, based on his ad on The Samba.

He quoted me $376 for a 2" narrowed beam, adjusters, narrowed leaves, narrowed tie-rods, and shipping.

I transferred the money on the 17th of July, Ed confirmed he had received it via email, and that the beam will ship back to me no later than the 27th of July.

I had not received it by 14th August, so I contacted him. He said everything had shipped. Later on he said he had shipped it to the wrong address, and that the package had been returned to him, so he shipped it again to the right address.

I finally received the beam on 4th September. The weld work looked pretty good. One of the body mounting holes at the top end had a broken stud in it, which I had to pull out myself. Also - the shortened tie rods were not in the package.

I contacted Ed about the narrowed tie rods, Ed replied with a question as to whether there were any holes in the packaging that would allow the tie rods to fall out. I told him there weren't, he said he would ship new tie rods asap.

He apologized for the delay in shipping the beam, and the missing tie rods and offered to help me out with anything else I need.

I did need new ball joints pressed in, Ed offered to do them for free. So I bought some, and shipped them to him on the 10th of September. He said he had trailing arms he could use, so no need to ship those. I told Ed I still haven't received the tie rods, he assured me they were shipped.

Over November and December - we exchanged a few emails. He kept assuring me that the ball joints will be done asap, and shipped back to me, and that the tie rods had been shipped. Eventually I told Ed to just ship the ball joints to me without pressing them if he is unable to do them in the next few weeks. I needed to keep my project going. I got the ball joints back, on 22nd of December.

I never received the tie rod ends, ended up shortening my own set.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: