Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Amber/red euro taillights?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

I'm tempted to change my 70 bus over to the Brazilian two-tone taillights, but before I spend the money anyone have anything good or bad to say on the subject? I assume it's just a bolt-on change w/ no major rewiring or anything? Do you get better visibility?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

Minor rewiring. You have to run a wire up front. You get heaps of better visability when signaling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D.Russell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

I changed my '72 Westy over to the "Crystal-type"( Brazilian) assemblies. The hardest part was just reaching the nuts that hold the assembly on inside . The wiring on mine was just a matter of connecting the spade connectors, matching what I took off.
Mine are alittle brighter too, than the originals.
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

Thanks. I know purists might object, but visibility is a good thing and if it keeps me from getting rear-ended. Besides, they look cool!
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

To hell with the purists!

Our DOT (those idjits) didn't allow amber turn signals on cars back then. Every other country had them. Good thing they wised up.
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

I was told that the 2-toned tail light lenses won't fit my '69's tail light assemblies by some guy at Wolfsburg West - is he wrong? I'd like to put them on my truck, too.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

You do need to have the dual bulb holders or it is pointless. If you can find Hella lenses they will last a lot longer. The repro ones are crap and will fade out pretty quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

yeah i was thinking about those clear lenses also. i was also thinking of swaping out the bulbs with the new led bulbs. it's just a cluster of led lights that swap out stock bulbs.kinda reminds me of the new street lights.suppose to be alot brighter.also about $10 a bulb to.
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

Hey shammy138, how about a part # and a source for LED brakelight bulbs...
D.Russell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

Think these are the ones he's( shammy) talking about ??http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410570857&category=33713
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

Put a "fin" on it too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

no part # usually you can find them at places that sale stuff for imports like honda etc.bring in the bulb match it up...
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

I bought those eBay Brazillian Euro taillights. They are crap! I bought some real Hella Euro lights and they are awesome. They should fit a 69!

The wiring isn't too hard. I compared a German diagram to a US one. You have to cut some wires up at the brake master cylinder.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Amber/red euro taillights? Reply with quote

you have to run a new "hot" wire from the brake cylinder to your lights and disconect the "brake light out" wire from the master cyl.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: