Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carb jetting
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
insipid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Carb jetting Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a site or article on how to change jets on weber ict 34s? Found lots on tuning other weber models but not the icts.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just bought the #701 ICT jet kit from redlineweber that has 3 pair of different size Air/Main/Air Corrector jets & 2 ZERO Pump Bypass valves it would be rather obvious using their ICT Tuning Guide. Carburetors are strictly trial and error for your particular engine/elevation etc.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
insipid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
If you just bought the #701 ICT jet kit from redlineweber that has 3 pair of different size Air/Main/Air Corrector jets & 2 ZERO Pump Bypass valves it would be rather obvious using their ICT Tuning Guide. Carburetors are strictly trial and error for your particular engine/elevation etc.

I got a used pair that are jetted incorrectly, ordering an new pair of jets, its a stock 1600 with dual 34 icts was going to change the jets to idle .60 and main to a 1.35. Just not sure how to install them or remove old ones. Looking of a diagram or the like.
69sqbck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: jetting Reply with quote

Here is a link to the parts diagram:
http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/34_ICT_parts_breakdown.htm

Here is some tunning information from my 2 motors with ICT's:

Here's both of my cars setups:

I know this has been covered many times, but I thought I would share my latest findings.
Stock 1600cc motor and heads, Engle 100 cam.
After much time and effort this is the final jetting.
Dual 34ict webers:
.135 main jets, .60 idle jets, everything else is stock set-up on the carbs.
It is a little rich but better than lean. 2 full turns in on the idle speed screws and 1 1/2 turns out on the idle mixture screws, just like the book says. Timing is set at 7 1/2 degrees static and 29 degrees full advance. It runs great through the full rpm range. Hope someone can use this info in the future.

I have seen many posts here about what size jets to run so here is what I found. 1776 engine, 041 heads (40 intake 35.5 exhaust valves, semi-hemi cut, 7.8 to 1 C/R, dual high rev springs, stock rockers, stock fuel pump, .009 distributor, engle 110 cam. I am running the stock F78 emulsion tubes, stock .50mm pump jets, stock .40mm pump exhaust valves, stock 1.75mm needle valve and stock 1.60mm air corrector jet. The changes are as follows: removed the stock .52mm idle jets and installed .55mm idle jets, removed the stock 1.30mm main jets and installed 1.40mm main jets. The car is driven at 1305 foot elevation. The improvement is very noticable, she runs like a champ now. No stumble through the entire power band. Hope this helps anyone having a problem with jetting.
1969 Type 3 Fastback
(o)\|/(o) Sole Designs, VW Restorations, Savannah, GA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
insipid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: jetting Reply with quote

69sqbck wrote:
Here is a link to the parts diagram:
http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/34_ICT_parts_breakdown.htm

Here is some tunning information from my 2 motors with ICT's:

Here's both of my cars setups:

I know this has been covered many times, but I thought I would share my latest findings.
Stock 1600cc motor and heads, Engle 100 cam.
After much time and effort this is the final jetting.
Dual 34ict webers:
.135 main jets, .60 idle jets, everything else is stock set-up on the carbs.
It is a little rich but better than lean. 2 full turns in on the idle speed screws and 1 1/2 turns out on the idle mixture screws, just like the book says. Timing is set at 7 1/2 degrees static and 29 degrees full advance. It runs great through the full rpm range. Hope someone can use this info in the future.

I have seen many posts here about what size jets to run so here is what I found. 1776 engine, 041 heads (40 intake 35.5 exhaust valves, semi-hemi cut, 7.8 to 1 C/R, dual high rev springs, stock rockers, stock fuel pump, .009 distributor, engle 110 cam. I am running the stock F78 emulsion tubes, stock .50mm pump jets, stock .40mm pump exhaust valves, stock 1.75mm needle valve and stock 1.60mm air corrector jet. The changes are as follows: removed the stock .52mm idle jets and installed .55mm idle jets, removed the stock 1.30mm main jets and installed 1.40mm main jets. The car is driven at 1305 foot elevation. The improvement is very noticable, she runs like a champ now. No stumble through the entire power band. Hope this helps anyone having a problem with jetting.

Thanks that diagram was exactly what i was looking for. Any advice on changing them?
69sqbck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: jetting Reply with quote

You might want to order a couple of rebuild kits. Your going to want to change the seal and you might as well replace the other bits as well. Make sure to clean out the float bowl filters. Once you get the carb opened up it is all pretty self explanatory!!
1969 Type 3 Fastback
(o)\|/(o) Sole Designs, VW Restorations, Savannah, GA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: