Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1032, 1033, 1034 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed, if you want the bus, now is the time to go get it. personally, i wouldn't want it. the bus looks like junk to me.

czech out his email address: [email protected]

hardkore gamer loses this round.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
poptop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
ed, if you want the bus, now is the time to go get it. personally, i wouldn't want it. the bus looks like junk to me.

wouldnt say junk but a great deal of work is needed. If i didnt have a complete set of seats for a red/white standard I would care less. I am not going to get it though as he is a d-bag and definitely wierd. anyone wants his address though I will be happy but would advise go at own risk to the freakshow!!! Hey gibbs I have a set of bumpers that used to belong to you. I wanted to find out how you are suppossed to mount them. I remember years back you had hurst bumper mounts fabbed up do you have pics of anything that may help. These are your old VWOA bumpers!!!Thanks Ed
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:

LOL
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2true wrote:
UZI wrote:

LOL

I believe pwned is the correct lingo here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stephenmullens Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight shift of current subject...

I don't understand people that pack parts crappy. Especially hard to find nos parts. I just opened a box today to find the nos part had banged around inside the box as it traveled cross country. A heavy part...tossed into the box...with a few plastic air pillows thrown in (for symbolism?). It got banged around enough to drop in status from high quality to driver quality. Either these people are not very smart or they are irresponsible. Sad part is another hard to find early bus part beat to shit for lack of care. This happens more than I would expect. I'm out.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephenmullens wrote:

I don't understand people that pack parts crappy. Especially hard to find nos parts. I just opened a box today to find the nos part had banged around inside the box as it traveled cross country. A heavy part...tossed into the box...with a few plastic air pillows thrown in (for symbolism?). It got banged around enough to drop in status from high quality to driver quality. Either these people are not very smart or they are irresponsible. Sad part is another hard to find early bus part beat to shit for lack of care. This happens more than I would expect. I'm out.

I had a guy ship me a Ghia windshield one time in a box that was literally falling apart. When I got it all the scrap plastic and bits of Styrofoam were falling out. I thought for sure the glass would be toast, but amazingly it was fine when I pulled it out.
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephenmullens wrote:

"I'm out"??? What, like Out on the town, Out of the office, Out of service, Out of your mind with anger? I know that you sure as hell aren't out of the hobby!

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:

I had a guy, but amazingly it was fine when I pulled it out.
Shocked

I'm sorry- having my first cup of joe right now- okay, I'm better.

Always have a clear chat up front with the part seller to see how the item will be shipped. Years of eBay and having parts won NOS and having them delivered UOS taught me the packing trick of offering the seller an extra couple bucks to let a professional pack it.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
DanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought bastard heads from someone on here years ago. I knew they had arrived because I heard them go "CLANG!" on my front porch. I opened the box and found this:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

No packing material whatsoever. They arrived with bent and cracked fins on all sides. The worst part was that he charged me something like $40 bucks to ship them!
williamblanda
Don't Disgrace The Eddy!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so-23 wrote:
I bought bastard heads from someone on here years ago. I knew they had arrived because I heard them go "CLANG!" on my front porch. I opened the box and found this:

No packing material whatsoever. They arrived with bent and cracked fins on all sides. The worst part was that he charged me something like $40 bucks to ship them!
That sucks. Whenever I ship something, whether it be something nice or cheap I make sure it's packed properly. I understand the pain you go through when you shelled out the bucks for something just to have it turn to crap during shipping. Last summer I placed a large order through bustoration to redo the brakes on my bus. When I was done opening everything up my entire kitchen floor was covered with crumpled up newspaper and packing tape. I'd rather have the mess than useless damages parts.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
stephenmullens wrote:

"I'm out"??? What, like Out on the town, Out of the office, Out of service, Out of your mind with anger? I know that you sure as hell aren't out of the hobby!

Laughing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so-23 wrote:

That's the crap I'm talking about right there! Unbelievable.

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Laughing
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

Shocked

I'm sorry- having my first joe right now. After years of packing tricks I offer the seller an extra couple bucks to let a professional pack it.

Shocked Shocked Razz
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an INCREDIBLY nice Dove Blue Pressed Rear Bumper shipped to me from Germany years back. It was one of the nicest I've ever seen, looked to be a first coat of dealer paint on a previously NOS Bumper, barely used, and then stashed away for years. The guy shipped it to me, absolutely no packing material whatsoever, just "ding-donging" around inside a flimsy and too large cardboard box! It was on my porch, I feared it was going to be tacoed FOR SURE, opened it up, not a scratch and all the way from Germany!

I've also had horribly bad luck before, too. I've had NOS glass parts that were incredibly well packed and they'd arrive in pieces where you'd be convinced the mailman did his best to guarantee he smashed the shit out of it. Here's a pic of my old collection of rare broken and some NOS glass...

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

three years ago I received a full set of jalousy windows complete with og glass, screens, trim frames...all stacked in a box with absolutely NO packing material inside. I knew it was a disaster when I picked up the box. None of them survived. They did however donate their parts to fix other jalousy windows since then. I called the guy on the phone after opening the box and he was a dick about it.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
I had an INCREDIBLY nice Dove Blue Pressed Rear Bumper shipped to me from Germany years back. It was one of the nicest I've ever seen, looked to be a first coat of dealer paint on a previously NOS Bumper, barely used, and then stashed away for years. The guy shipped it to me, absolutely no packing material whatsoever, just "ding-donging" around inside a flimsy and too large cardboard box! It was on my porch, I feared it was going to be tacoed FOR SURE, opened it up, not a scratch and all the way from Germany!

I've also had horribly bad luck before, too. I've had NOS glass parts that were incredibly well packed and they'd arrive in pieces where you'd be convinced the mailman did his best to guarantee he smashed the shit out of it. Here's a pic of my old collection of rare broken and some NOS glass...

That shits not broken, thats patina.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebra on oriental? Really? Man it must be nice to be single. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
hitest wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

Shocked

I'm sorry- having my first joe right now. After years of packing tricks I offer the seller an extra couple bucks to let a professional pack it.

Shocked Shocked Razz

Bump, Set, SPIKE! Well done my friend. Applause

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the gold mine is back up. Now at a make offer or buy it now of $ 5K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Bus-Vana...2a04a97a7e

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
warriorbass05
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like another "interesting" bus has returned to fleabay also
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-VW-Bus-AMBULAN...1c1005f1a7
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1032, 1033, 1034 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 1033 of 2710

Jump to: