Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hateful people
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

satterley_sr wrote:
I hate those guys ( can't call them buyers) who say "I'll take your item" You respond with "send me a money order or paypal" then nothing ,WTF. Also had another one where I quoted a really good price including shipping for a bunch of bearings, the guy guy chiseled me down $25 I agreed then nothing. I was very surprised by this person who is on here quite a bit giving advise.

Okay my rant is done.

Couple that with people who have been quick to e-mail two or three times in a couple of hours with the final message asking for my Payal ID. Then, 24 hours later, I get someone asking right away for my Paypal ID while I haven't heard from the first person. Well, money talks and bullshit walks, so I sell to the second person, and the first person will inevitably finally e-mail saying funds will be forthcoming. Rolling Eyes Then, he'll have the nerve to get upset that I already sold the item.
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the same day I complained about tire-kickers is the day I got an email from a motivated buyer who asked all the right questions and looks like he'll be sending payment immediately.

Can't forget about the good buyers. They make it all worthwhile.

EDIT - yeah, the buyer turns out to be like the best buyer EVER. I already have payment with an absolute minimum of muss and fuss.

Laughing
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of those little annoying things come hand in hand with buying and selling online. Don't like it, DON'T SELL. We all make a little money here and there, that's why we continue to advertise and/or put up with this. So no need to complaint. People are NOT going to change. We could go on, and on, and on, and on................

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
All of those little annoying things come hand in hand with buying and selling online.

Agreed.

RIP HBB 10.10.84 - 12.25.09
1958 Ragtop Bug Build - Subaru Swap!
1957 Gazelle Beige Ghia FOR SALE
1957 Dove Blue Kombi field find
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:
I hate those guys ( can't call them buyers) who say "I'll take your item" You respond with "send me a money order or paypal" then nothing ,WTF. Also had another one where I quoted a really good price including shipping for a bunch of bearings, the guy guy chiseled me down $25 I agreed then nothing. I was very surprised by this person who is on here quite a bit giving advise.

Okay my rant is done.

Couple that with people who have been quick to e-mail two or three times in a couple of hours with the final message asking for my Payal ID. Then, 24 hours later, I get someone asking right away for my Paypal ID while I haven't heard from the first person. Well, money talks and bullshit walks, so I sell to the second person, and the first person will inevitably finally e-mail saying funds will be forthcoming. Rolling Eyes Then, he'll have the nerve to get upset that I already sold the item.

This especially when they don't have paypal and say they will mail a money order. i have waited weeks in some cases to finally give up and sell it.
now anybody who wants to mail a money order i tell them to email me as soon as it is mailed.no reply in 2 days means i sell to next person. for the most part i have had nothing but alot of great buyers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer wrote:

We should almost consider keeping a background list of these people. Anybody who shows up more than five times gets listed publicly in the "buyer and seller feedback" forum.

Too harsh?

Laughing

Not at all I love the idea.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer wrote:
Can't forget about the good buyers. They make it all worthwhile.

Yes, most are great buyers...but all it takes is 1x bad apple to ruin it for the rest of the week....at lest for me! Wink

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
johnnyrotten
I Cure Seizures!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself have run into some eGay style sellers. Price their item low to get attention, then Jack up the shipping amount. Example, a cb breather for $15.... Decent price, requested shipping total ($15.00).

Cmon, you could ship 4 of them for that price.

A new one is $34!!!

In the garage....

64 Ghia
66 beetle
56 Oval rag
58 ex-art project Beetle
A fleet of parts buses and ghias
OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnyrotten wrote:
I myself have run into some eGay style sellers. Price their item low to get attention, then Jack up the shipping amount. Example, a cb breather for $15.... Decent price, requested shipping total ($15.00).

A new one is $34!!!

Shipped by who and how far? I've had some high shipping quotes on small products due to people's locations before.

RIP HBB 10.10.84 - 12.25.09
1958 Ragtop Bug Build - Subaru Swap!
1957 Gazelle Beige Ghia FOR SALE
1957 Dove Blue Kombi field find
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never buy anything on eBay unless it has a shipping cost in the auction or I contact the seller to ask first.

Unless it is so cheap that it doesn't matter.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyrotten
I Cure Seizures!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoachGhia wrote:
johnnyrotten wrote:

A new one is $34!!!

Shipped by who and how far? I've had some high shipping quotes on small products due to people's locations before.

I believe NV to OH, I have sent similar sized items from Ohio to Cali for $8

In the garage....

64 Ghia
66 beetle
56 Oval rag
58 ex-art project Beetle
A fleet of parts buses and ghias
capedave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the best is you see it on ebay it sells then you see it here for more than what you can still buy it for new at the distributor.
People if you are buying look it up, I have listed stuff for less than half of
what it still sells new for and have F#%#$%ing flippers filling my mailbox
with offers of less than half of what I told them I would go down to.
NO I WILL NOT SELL SAID ITEM FOR $200 AFTER I JUST TOLD YOU I
WOULD GO TO $450. CASH GOLD OR DIAMONDS THE PRICE IS $450.
Pay attention to what you are buying and where you can get the exact item .
Rant over continue on.

Long time lurker
Dave
fuscavw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an awful tendency to drag a lot of stuff home when I should have walked away but it's thesamba that's been my saving grace in that it allows me to keep this hobby relatively in control (lately though, I have questioned this, however!) by selling spares and items I know I won't use in order to fund my projects. I just noticed the other day that I'm almost up to 600 deleted ads (sold items) and honestly, I've only had one negative experience and that was when it took me a little longer to ship an item and I didn't communicate as well as I should have with the buyer and he filed a dispute with paypal without one of us contacting the other first. Maybe I need to buy more here and I would experience more the negative that people have talked about, haha.

I don't do ebay but my dealings on this site overall have taught me that if you're decent and fair in how you deal with people most of the time you will get it in return. As has been said, the minor annoyances are to be expected and are just that, minor.
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had an incident on ebay....a buyer ask a question about the dimension of my VW Thing hood seal.

I told him to look and read the listing as everything is listed (14') and a photo with a measuring tape next to it...

He comes back and calls me an asshole for my remark.

I tell him to go back to school to learn to read and understand English.

Now he IM me to tell me to F*ck off and F*ck my business and he is going to slam my business on Thing forums..... Rolling Eyes

But the many happy Thing parts buyers will put him into his place....

Just 1x bad apple in the bunch can ruin it for everyone.....

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: