Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Learn something new everyday
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this today, I did as you said and the radio came back on but the power windows didn't move at all so maybe the wiring in my van has been modified?

carterzest wrote:
WSideWitneSS wrote:
Brights trick for window roll-up doesn't work for me. Sad

Key out. Turn light switch on full-not parking lights, full lights(key out parking lights will only come on but still turn on switch all way).
Pull bright lights on and hold switch back towards your body as you simultaneously hit window switch and hold. When I first attempted I did the same thing cursing......then realized you have to hold the brights on like you are flashing someone...hold the left lever back........hit power window switch of your choice.
Please report back Miagi San Very Happy

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
WSideWitneSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carterzest wrote:
Key out. Turn light switch on full-not parking lights, full lights(key out parking lights will only come on but still turn on switch all way).
Pull bright lights on and hold switch back towards your body as you simultaneously hit window switch and hold. When I first attempted I did the same thing cursing......then realized you have to hold the brights on like you are flashing someone...hold the left lever back........hit power window switch of your choice.

Worked like a charm. Domo Arigato. Laughing Laughing
sc-surfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WSideWitneSS wrote:
carterzest wrote:

Worked like a charm. Domo Arigato. Laughing Laughing

Ya, I finally got it to work as well. Didn't get the 'turn on light switch first' part of the memo. Turns on the heater blower as well.
* * * Coming Soon: Washable seat covers for westy bench seat...keep the pets off the upholstery! * * *
Classicvibe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:
The rear hatch trick isn't a trick, it is a replacement part. http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_1076_1078/rear_hatch_latch_with_internal_release.html I put one in my van and it works great. It works on manual and power lock vanagons.

Mr syncrodoka, do you by chance have a part number for that latch? I might include that with my gas cap order if I can find it, or some other useful little thing.

Syncro Solstice 2022...see you there!

1986.5 Wolfsburg Syncro Westfalia Poptop Weekender Transporter
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct part number is listed on the VC website, just take out the "." between the numbers. They are listed as discontinued but VC still has some. Good luck.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: