Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mechanic from Hell
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

So he sez...
You can't pick up the bus. It's still taken apart. You can pay me to put it back together but I don't know when I'll get to it.

This guy took my 69 bus which I drove on to the lot, gave me the bizarre compression #'s and took parts of my engine apart. Then decides he doesn't want to do any more work.
I say I'll come by and pick it up. He sex you can't, it's not put back together...

I am thankful I don't carry a gun right now.
only kidding.
But I'm really worried he f***ed something up and doesn't want me to drive it away!

Any thoughts, besides the gun idea?
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

Whatever you do don't let this ass put your bus back together! I'd find a good mechanic in your area (tell us where you are, and maybe someone close by can make a recommendation), and have your bus towed there.
I wouldn't pay the guy a cent until the bus is out of there, but I guess you'll probably have to pay something, unless you had an agreement beforehand as to exactly what he was to do that he has not lived up to. Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

Well, I put it on a credit card that I will promptly cancel if there's anything amiss!
I already have it on the way to a guy who owns 3 old vw's... 2 bugs and a bus.
He was happy to get her and appalled at the behavior of this schmuck.
I just can't believe, especailly as a business owner, that anyone conducts themselves in such a manner. Just blown away.
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

We *DO* want to know where this mechanic is so that others don't go there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

How about the Better Business Bureau?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

Don't even bother. They are an extremely lame *private organization* with absolutely no teeth or enforcement ability.

-signed,
'Used to run the complaint department
for a well-known manufacturer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard
Nigerian Scammer Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

BBB is a waste of time, no real power to do any thing. The best thing ya did was to get your dub off his lot. Depending on how irritated and vendictive you are there are a number of ways to get revenge, but is it really worth the hassle ? I'd dispute the Visa bill so he does not get paid, tell your friends what happened so that they dont become victims of the schmuck, Enjoy driving your bus when the new mechanics gets it going for you. "It's fun when it runs"
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

I agree completely. Already planned on cancelling Visa, and in my own quiet little way, he'll be aware of my displeasure, but making waves and putting energy into hassles is not where my spiritual life leads me in this matter. The dude has issues, I have my bus back and she's safe, and in the end, my behavior, my intention and my actions settle with me well. I don't know about him, but that's his trip.
caveman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

sounds like a fuck wit get the bus back and dont let him touch it he sounds like a dumb ass donkey
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

A dumb ass donkey indeed!
canabus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

This mechanic should be hung from the tallest tree,for doing business this way.We took our 71 beetle to a mechanic named rajko in calgary he said he did the clutch,we paid him.After a week the clutch felt the same.Trying to contact him, was not working.We both work ,so it sat till we could work on it.When we pulled the motor the clutch was original?So I got in the car drove to his small garage said money plus my hassles.He refused and I took alot of his tools,plus some vw parts.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

The mechanic I brought her to yesterday was somewhere between appalled and completely amused by what a d**k this guy was. Firstly, he said, just forget about anything the guy said. He didn't know his ass from his spark plugs. Then he said, that this single port 1600 is one of the easiest engines to work on and he was psyched to get to work on my veedub. I thought, "Yes, there is a veedug God!" All the other guy needed to do was put new spark plugs in for me to drive her home and he wasn't willing to do it. Very strange.... (piping in Twilight Zone music...)
But, for some reason it lead me to Joe the VW dude like 10 minutes from my front door.
I'm glad you guys are as appalled as I am though. I always thought part of the job for a mechanic was actually reassembling the automobile.... Maybe I misunderstood! lol
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

I had a clown replace the ignition switch in my single cab. At the time, I didn't realize it had a locking steering wheel since my ignition was simply a hole where I stuck a knife in and gave it a twist to start.

Well, I get home (luckily) and my steering mechanism locks up! The key won't get it undone, the genius is nowhere to be found so I've got to saw the lock off the column.

Finding a good, trustworthy mechanic is gold.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

never take your vw to a mechanic, leave it, and tell the guy to fix it. who knows what will happen. some people are mechanics and some just happen to have a few tools and a building. finding a good mechanic may be gold, but learning to do it yourself is priceless. good luck. jeff
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

I would love to learn to do it myself, but I really need to learnby seeing things get done. I have books and some tools and a nice flat driveway, but I'm nervous about jumping in. But, hell, I've learned todo a bunch of things by the seat of my pants, why not this?
BUT, if there are any folks in NE that would let a novice hang out and learn,please,let me know!
Bags Buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: Mechanic from Hell Reply with quote

magpie where do you live
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: