Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early Rubber Floor Mat Reproduction
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Early Rubber Floor Mat Reproduction Reply with quote

Hello,

Are the rubber floor mats for early ghias still being reproduced?

I think the sellers name was Lemke?

Thanks,
Dustin
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Early Rubber Floor Mat Reproduction Reply with quote

52brezelfenster wrote:
Hello,

Are the rubber floor mats for early ghias still being reproduced?

I think the sellers name was Lemke?

Thanks,
Dustin

Yep: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10331
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba-da-bing. Thanks!
52crotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I contacted John a few months ago he hadn't started reproducing them again. He said he was moving his shop and would resume sometime in the future. If you hear he's started again, post us the info. Thanks, Mike
63 sunroof
63 356B
and more
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yes, I am still making mats. Due to some serious health issues, I had to put production on hold. I have some VERY late orders and I thank all of my customers for their generous patience. I am now geared up to make more, as my health is getting better everyday. Smile

Thanks,

John
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ripreston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear you've been ill, John, but very happy to hear that you're on the mend.

I'm still loving my mats! I'm sure others are very happy to hear that production is underway again. No one makes mats that come anywhere near the quality of yours.

Cheers,
Richard
Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a set of Johns mats that I bought 5 years ago and they are superb, glad you're on the mend John.

Airhead
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemke wrote:
Hello,

Yes, I am still making mats. Due to some serious health issues, I had to put production on hold. I have some VERY late orders and I thank all of my customers for their generous patience. I am now geared up to make more, as my health is getting better everyday. Smile

Thanks,

John

Thanks John, glad to hear you're doing better. Can you please give a time frame as to when I could get a set?

Dustin
52crotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear John, I too will be ready for mats when you start again, just let us know. Thanks
Mike
63 sunroof
63 356B
and more
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To whom it may concern, the mats are worth the wait.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul_Revere's Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi john, Glad to hear you are on the mend! I too would be very interested in some of these mats if they are suitable for a 59- When you are up to it please can you give an idea of the cost, timeframe and some images if at all possible?? Many thanks- Seth

You can now follow me on Facebook to keep up to date with my latest Artwork & Ceramics-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Newport/Seth-Draper-Art-Ceramics/150919701594700?ref=mf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slafa
Samba Member

Location: Where getting a real beer is like winning the lotto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Revere's Ghia wrote:
Hi john, Glad to hear you are on the mend! I too would be very interested in some of these mats if they are suitable for a 59- When you are up to it please can you give an idea of the cost, timeframe and some images if at all possible?? Many thanks- Seth

X2 Cool
1983 Ford 350 Econoline Ambulance
1997 Mercedes S500 W140
1976 BMW 75/6 bike
various Honda, GMC daily drivers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tondemonai
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slafa wrote:
Paul_Revere's Ghia wrote:

X2 Cool

x3 Cool
technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x4
macdweal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I whould like to have a set for my '69 Ghia. But when i searched for mats a jear ago. I got a warning that John Lemke will take you money but never delivers.

John, whats you side of this story?

This was the messige i got:

hi-don't send money to lemke if he gets ahold of you. i have paid for 3 complete sets and have been without contact for 1 and a half years now-he stifted me close to 600usd!!!! be warned!!
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macdweal wrote:
I whould like to have a set for my '69 Ghia. But when i searched for mats a jear ago. I got a warning that John Lemke will take you money but never delivers.

hi-don't send money to lemke if he gets ahold of you. i have paid for 3 complete sets and have been without contact for 1 and a half years now-he stifted me close to 600usd!!!! be warned!!

I have been in touch with Tyler, and his mats are going out. I WILL NOT accept any orders until I have mats ready to send for immediate delivery.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dmercer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macdweal wrote:

FWIW, here is my experience. I ordered mats from John several years ago. At the time, a number of folks from the forum assured me of the following:

- The mats are top notch reproductions.
- John may take a while to deliver, but he will deliver.

The wait was probably a little over a year at which point I began to seriously doubt I would see them. But then they arrived. They were absolutely worth the wait and I'm glad that John is making these reproductions available.

Anyway, this is just my experience -- but I do believe that the consensus is that while his turn around time and communication may leave something to be desired, he is a honest dealer. I'm willing to wait and even put up with a fair amount of uncertainty to get quality reproductions of the otherwise unobtainable.

Speaking of unobtainable -- if someone would make the rubber firewall cladding that was present on the later lowlights, I'd be thrilled. Hint hint.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmercer wrote:

FWIW, here is my experience. I ordered mats from John several years ago. At the time, a number of folks from the forum assured me of the following:

- The mats are top notch reproductions.
- John may take a while to deliver, but he will deliver.

Yes just to reiterate what Dan has said, John is not here to "stiff" anyone. If you want to order a set of mats, a quick "x2" reply here won't do it...Email John with a request.

dmercer wrote:
Speaking of unobtainable -- if someone would make the rubber firewall cladding that was present on the later lowlights, I'd be thrilled. Hint hint.

x2...I mean yes, if that's at all possible John I'm sure there's a market for them...and with this forum's record, an og set to copy shouldn't be too much problem.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
slafa
Samba Member

Location: Where getting a real beer is like winning the lotto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I have put X10 ? Razz He has labeled himself a "Samba Troll" how much more honest can a guy get? I have never met a troll that was very communicative or timely but they are all straight shooters Very Happy
1983 Ford 350 Econoline Ambulance
1997 Mercedes S500 W140
1976 BMW 75/6 bike
various Honda, GMC daily drivers
oldvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: lemke ghia rubber mats Reply with quote

i paid for 3 sets of john's ghia mats almost 2 1/2 years ago! i have since sold one of my ghia's! john's response to any email and phone message is poor. john got ahold of me after almost 2 years-under pressure from everett and he promised to ship me my mats. awhile back-the forum on john's delivery time got so ugly-it had to be removed(my request). he even provided a ship date of march 9, 2010 on two sets that were built-they have not arrived yet(been a month). john needs to come clean here and be honest-not make hollow promises and take money from people-we're all working hard for our bucks these days. delivery times that are slow because there is a ton of work are acceptable. taking money and not even producing product is bad karma bro. i am sure someone will respond with-'they are worth the wait'. really......i'm waiting to see....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: