Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Convertible Specialties
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Convertible Specialties Reply with quote

Tried both numbers in this ad and they are not working... sent an e-mail... no response... anyone know if they are still in business? I was wanting to order a top kit from them but can't get any response.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=62466

Moderator note:
This thread is locked as a duplicate, please use:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=423105
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oc63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be in Long Beach tomorrow. I'll swing by their sewing shop and see if they're still there.
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee is David Wright's wife and she runs that shop. David ran the wood shop called the Guild. Here is a post I made a couple weeks ago about David passing away. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154742 Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I figured something might be wrong and sure enough... Tragically wrong Sad

Thanks for the info Lenny. I do not read the general /chat forum that much so I missed that thread.

My condolences go out to his wife, family and friends.

I had ordered from them in the past and I hope somehow his wife can continue the sewing end of it and someone good takes over the wood part of the business. Shame to loose both a good man in the industry and the business's that are needed for all those out there needing good products.

Please let it be known that I started this thread for real just because I could not get any answers... not to bring up the misfortune or flame the business for not responding or indicate in anyway that they were shady etc.... I was very pleased when I ordered from them over the years.... this is truly a sad thing to learn why I could not get ahold of them.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keifernet wrote:
Please let it be known that I started this thread for real just because I could not get any answers... not to bring up the misfortune or flame the business for not responding or indicate in anyway that they were shady etc.... I was very pleased when I ordered from them over the years.... this is truly a sad thing to learn why I could not get ahold of them.

Never thought that at all... The good news is She is going to continue making tops and such. Right now it's hard for her. Try 562 898-6371
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenny copp wrote:
keifernet wrote:

Never thought that at all... The good news is She is going to continue making tops and such. Right now it's hard for her. Try 562 898-6371

Diddn't think you would Lenny... just some out there read things skewed from time to time.

I can fathom that... it must be very hard... I had to order from another source to meet a deadline, but I am glad to hear she will get things going when things get better.

Life if precious folks..... let this be a reminder to us all... RIP Dave.

Thanks again for the response Lenny.
68ghiamann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had purchased a canvas boot from Dave this past summer. When it arrived it had been for the wrong year. When I called and spoke with Dave he apologized for the error and overnighted the correct one before I returned the first one. I sent the other back and Dave called to make sure that I received it and if all was good. He then told me he had received the part I sent back to him. Never met him but an outstanding guy to do business as he did with me. The VW world needs more as Dave was.
Phil Blum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Convertible Specialties Reply with quote

So do you guys think that Convertible Specialties is in a position right now to provide wood shapes and a convertible top for a Beetle? If so, what is the best way to communicate with them. I am not sure if they have anyone that speaks english well? What do you guys think?

Thanks
Far2Gruven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Dave's Passing Reply with quote

Dave was a great teacher. Over the four years it took to finish my car he was always there. I stopped by his home one saturday and he invited me in, and showed me how he would sew in a headliner. After I installed my wood he showed me how to do it better. Not in a 'hey you dumb shit' kind of way. I learned some good things from him. We will all miss him.
Bugs4Life
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a Top, Headliner and Bows, as wel as instructions from them, other than the language barrier with one of the sales people, everyone I talked to was great, and was shipped super fast, and all items where great quality. Price is the best out there as well. I Would Definatley recommend them!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: