Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncro de Mayo 2010 is open for registration!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tristar Eric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get out the white cane for Bob! you can follow me down, just follow the diesel fumes Very Happy

You really need to bring the Tristar Bob, it need to see daylight every once in a while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turbotransporter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up! I'll be leaving the Seattle area Wednesday morning in my 87 Westy as the Transporter SC is still resting after killing a Ch#*y mini van that ran a red light.

I probably stop at the Van Cafe in Santa Cruz on the way home on Monday the 10th and I might have room for a few extra packages.... P-mail me.
spaeth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to go down this year. If I could just figure out what the hell this clunking in the back end is. I thought I had it licked and then on the way home from the last Vanagon gathering in Portland it started sounding like someone was pounding on the frame with a sledge hammer. It is intermittent so hard to track down. Sounds like a wheel is going to fall off.

I doubt I could keep up with Eric but it would be fun to try.

Craig
sc-surfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be there for sure, with Myles the dog. I just want to say thanks to the organizers for allowing dogs this year. Ours goes everywhere with us, and last year my other half wouldn't come to SDM because we had to leave him home. This year she's going to be there.

For everyone bringing their furry friends, please join me in making the dog scene a pleasant one for everyone, including non-dog people. It only takes one incident, or one owner who doesn't respect the 'rules' to ruin it for everyone. If we keep it fun, and there are no problems, hopefully dogs will be welcomed again next year!!

Thanks, and see you there!!
* * * Coming Soon: Washable seat covers for westy bench seat...keep the pets off the upholstery! * * *
WestyBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaeth wrote:
I would love to go down this year. If I could just figure out what the hell this clunking in the back end is.

Craig --- if you just drive it down I'm sure the mysterious problem will become crystal clear. Then we'll just tow you the rest of the way Laughing
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be rolling in on Thursday Very Happy

Just a regular guy
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc-surfer wrote:
We'll be there for sure, with Myles the dog. I just want to say thanks to the organizers for allowing dogs this year. Ours goes everywhere with us, and last year my other half wouldn't come to SDM because we had to leave him home. This year she's going to be there.

For everyone bringing their furry friends, please join me in making the dog scene a pleasant one for everyone, including non-dog people. It only takes one incident, or one owner who doesn't respect the 'rules' to ruin it for everyone. If we keep it fun, and there are no problems, hopefully dogs will be welcomed again next year!!

Thanks, and see you there!!

definitely, we have gotten more dogs than anticipated and it has caused some mild panic from some. this is our chance to make dogs work, so hopefully it will all go smoothly and dogs will be welcomed again.

i think as long as dogs aren't left unattended or off leash there should be little to complain about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
targis58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever is conducting the Syncro University on Friday at Syncro De Mayo, Can 2wd with Peloquin diff. fit in that training? Or don't even think about it Crying or Very sad ? I am getting my tranny rebuilt with Peloquin this week and would love to find out how well it can handle off road as well as its limitation. However, I also need to learn some techniques on how to handle off roads too.

Never been to Syncro De Mayo before...
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

targis58 wrote:
Whoever is conducting the Syncro University on Friday at Syncro De Mayo, Can 2wd with Peloquin diff. fit in that training? Or don't even think about it Crying or Very sad ? I am getting my tranny rebuilt with Peloquin this week and would love to find out how well it can handle off road as well as its limitation. However, I also need to learn some techniques on how to handle off roads too.

Never been to Syncro De Mayo before...

You can deffinatly attend Syncro University on friday. I think it will be really interesting to see what the 2wd with the Peloquin can do. I bet it will do pretty well.
Alaric.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be quite a few vans sighed up what is the most van of all the years and is there a limit on space.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: SDM registration will be closing soon Reply with quote

In order to properly plan for the event we will be closing regiation for SDM 2010 at the end of the day on friday April 30th. You must be registered and paid by then to attend! If you have allready registered but not paid please get your payment out so we have it. We don't want to collect your registration at the event. If you want to go to the best Vanagon event in North America sign up today! Sign up at a http://syncrodemayo.com/info/
targis58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ok. How does this tread type look like for off road use?
I have these tires almost new and mainly used on the pavement. Quite and feels really good. I am getting my 2wd westy ready for Syncro de Mayo. New tranny with Peloquin is on the way, new clutch getting done, and Kennedy's shorten oil pan is on order... I ve spent enuf money already that I don't wanna have to spend any more money. I am planning on going off road a few time more after syncro de mayo. How does the tire look? It's Kumho road venture HT(heavy duty?) tires.
Alaric.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

targis58 wrote:

Ok. How does this tread type look like for off road use?
I have these tires almost new and mainly used on the pavement. Quite and feels really good. I am getting my 2wd westy ready for Syncro de Mayo. New tranny with Peloquin is on the way, new clutch getting done, and Kennedy's shorten oil pan is on order... I ve spent enuf money already that I don't wanna have to spend any more money. I am planning on going off road a few time more after syncro de mayo. How does the tire look? It's Kumho road venture HT(heavy duty?) tires.
It looks like if there is a lot of mud you will be stuck but there will be a lot of vans to pull you out. But if it is dry and you are aired down they will be OK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
itzdshtz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I understand correctly that I can show up at the gate without pre-registering if I don't use the camping facilities? I have family in Hollister where we will be staying.

Cheers Herman
2005 Audi allroad 4.2
2005 S4
http://vanagonsyncroproject-herman.blogspot.com/
http://picasaweb.google.com/itzdshtz/VanagonSyncroProject02
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itzdshtz wrote:
Do I understand correctly that I can show up at the gate without pre-registering if I don't use the camping facilities? I have family in Hollister where we will be staying.

Cheers Herman

that is correct, there is no pre-registration for day visitors. the cost is $10 for each adult, kids free, and no dogs are allowed for day visitors.

hope to see you there!

cheers
droo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itzdshtz lots of people would be happy to see the mods that you have made to your van in real life- myself included Cool
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I went to SDM years ago and played at Hollister Hills several other times with a tread like that(uniroyal laredo) and it did ok. Air down and stay away from the mud pit and you should be fine. You would feel much more confident with some A/T tires though. Hollister Hills is almost always dry and dusty(I go there several times a year)- except for last SDM.
If it is raining don't drive down to SDM, you won't get out of the parking lot. The hollister dust turns into a super slippery mud that even A/T's have some fun with.
SyncroChrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well no SdM for me this year, at least not with the Syncro. It is going back to Quebec for the summer.

I may show up for the day with my KTM Adventure to say hi!
itzdshtz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwlovr wrote:
itzdshtz wrote:

Cheers Herman

that is correct, there is no pre-registration for day visitors. the cost is $10 for each adult, kids free, and no dogs are allowed for day visitors.

hope to see you there!

cheers
droo

Great, hope to see you all there!

Cheers Herman
2005 Audi allroad 4.2
2005 S4
http://vanagonsyncroproject-herman.blogspot.com/
http://picasaweb.google.com/itzdshtz/VanagonSyncroProject02
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmax25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I live in Hollister I guess I have no excuse for not going Cool. I'm trying like crazy to finish the new paint job on my 7-pass so I have something to show off, but we'll see. I've somehow managed to miss the last few SDMs since I've been driving, so I really look forward to going this year and hanging out with other real live vanagon people Laughing

'88 Vanagon GL "Big Red"
'90 Westy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: