Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Experience with Cooler Air or Vintage Air
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Experience with Cooler Air or Vintage Air Reply with quote

I have been talking with Jerry at cooler air about installing A/C in my new van. Yeah..its expensive.
Is there anybody out there who has had direct experience with Cooler Air? What do you think of the quality of the install? How has your A/C held up? What about customer service after the sale?

I'm also pondering a Vintage Air install. And i've seen some write ups on that. Does anybody have any long term experience with their kits?

I have seen a writeup from Daryl at AAtransaxle on his vintage air install. But now i cant seem to find it. If anybody has a link to that it would be helpful.

TIA
regis101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put that baby under the bench seat and let 'er blow.
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a stock unit ? I know functioning correctly they work nice.

my rear unit blows air at about 47deg going down the freeway and in town its around 52ish....plently cool for me.

Oh, and I did a redtek conversion.
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my van i dont know how pratical the stock unit would be. Its a passenger van thats been converted to a camper with poptop. I was happy with my last van that had stock rear a/c and the way it worked. Thats why i'm really torn at this point. I just recently bought a syncro and like it. I even like the custom interior. But i need a/c. It gets to 110 some days where i live now and a/c is not just a luxury its a nesscesity.
I bought this van knowing it didnt have a/c. And i just thought i would put it in after i got the van. And now its seeming like a bigger project than i could have imagined.
If i could find a wrecked westy with a/c or the stock parts for sale. And it could be made to work I would be open to going that direction. I was reading that it would be easier to sell the van you have and buy one with a/c installed than to install the whole system.
Thats why i would like to know peoples experience, if any, with aftermarket a/c....Specifically Cooler Air.
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP!

So nobodys had any experience with 'cooler air' in dallas?
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williamtaylor33 wrote:
BUMP!

So nobodys had any experience with 'cooler air' in dallas?

Use the SEARCH.

I am fairly sure it has been discussed before.....

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must not be as strong with the force as you luke. Because i cant seem to find it.

I searched and read on this before and only came up with this.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1...p;start=20

Which is a great post showing someone who 'bought' one of his kits. What i'm looking for is someone who has Experience with cooler air's product. Beyond just buying it. Particularly the quality of his install work. He's charging nearly 3k to install a front a/c unit with parts and labor.
If its been discussed before i would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
Central Syncronizer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were not the droids you were looking for......

these are:

http://sites.google.com/site/blakeheinlein2/vanagon-airconditioning

cheers

Jay

http://88syncrodoka.blogspot.com/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: