Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

randybrownvw - [email protected] - Randy in SLC
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Vdub Hub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: randybrownvw - [email protected] - Randy in SLC Reply with quote

RandybrownVW.
Sent money, got back a pile of crap. Communication via email was terrible.

Here is the real story. I paid what I felt was a fair price for an Original 36 HP Intake and Carb- Price: $100.
When the parts finally arrived (after weeks of waiting ), it was obvious to me that the moment I pulled them out of the box that these were not the same parts I purchased from the photo off the ad. In fact, of the parts I ordered (36hp manifold, spark plug wire tube and tube brackets, Used 36 hp carb and carb bracket) the only thing that was salvageable for me to use was the wire tube brackets- which normally sell for $20-30 on Samba.
I emailed Randy many times and expressed my disappointment, His comment was he ships out a lot of parts, he could have made a mistake. After a few more weeks pass of of not answering me again, I was ready to stop by his shop as I had a Business trip in Utah. He finally responds asking me to ship the parts back at my expense (even though he sent me misrepresented and incorrect parts) and he would refund my money.
I finally had a few phone conversations and decided if I sent the parts back, he probably was not going to refund my money and I'd be out not only the money, but the time.
Randy seemed very aggressive and hostile on the phone when we talked so I decided it was probably best not to return his parts personally to his shop.
I hope others have had better luck with Randy than I have. I found him to be rude and dishonest. I will never purchase from him again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the ad if you want to post photos of what you got versus what was advertised:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=417826
Quote:
Original 36 HP Intake and Carb Price: $100
Original 36 HP intake and carb,original plug wire tube, and original intake bracket to the block. Excellent condition. OEM

Text links to all ad photos:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/1474112.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/1474113.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/1474114.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/1474115.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/1474116.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/1474117.jpg
(This photos do not last forever so save them off if you want them for reference or you can repost them in the Samba Gallery if you want them to stay in this thread)
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
frank2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealt with this guy when i first moved to utah.Bought a rebuilt motor from him which lasted only 6 months!Was informed by the locals later on of his shady rep.Beware.
The Vdub Hub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: I got the same reaction from locals also Reply with quote

Of course I don't want to mention any names, but I to was informed by reputable people in that area that he does does have reputation for pulling off some shady shinannigans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lostideas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just received a part that was in way worse condition than the item posted. just emailed him with pics of his ad and what i received. lets see if he will do the right thing and send me what i paid for. reading what others have said i might have to call it a loss ....
here is what i bought
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

here's what i got

The Vdub Hub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostideas wrote:
well i just received a part that was in way worse condition than the item posted. just emailed him with pics of his ad and what i received. lets see if he will do the right thing and send me what i paid for. reading what others have said i might have to call it a loss ....
here is what i bought

here's what i got

So did he make good on your purchase or did he blow you off too?
lostideas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he told me "the one i received was in better shape than the one he listed and had already sold" offered to refund my money if i sent it back . figured that would never happen by reading others experiences so i just chalked it up as a loss . classic Bait N Switch deal.. buyers beware
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: