Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

flexible tap
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgtips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: flexible tap Reply with quote

Hi,
I know what I want to do here but I'm having trouble locating the right items.

I want to install a new water container and from it run a flexible pipe up to a tap. The tap I want to be one of those types where you squeeze the handle and water comes out.

I imagine the tap would have connectors in the handle, a micro switch of some sort, so when I squeeze the shaft together it makes a contact which kicks in a 12v pump and I get water coming out.

I can imagine and picture it in my mind but I'm damned if I can find it.
UK by the way.

Reason for this, I want a flexible water option, I am not installing a fixed sink in my rebuild. Water butt will sit below rear seats.

Any help appreciated, I must just be looking for the wrong thing.

Kev
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're thinking of one of those pull out squirter things like you find beside a kitchen faucet?

Easy to do if you use a demand water pump, any RV supplier will have that.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
pgtips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

for anyone else looking the closest i have found is a "reliance ON TAP Powered Water Pump".

It isn't quite what I had in mind as its also for a shower too but it will do a job, not the best looking in the world though it will be out of sight on my camper most of the time.

thanks,
Kev
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://legacy.shurflo.com/pages/RV/rv_categories/potable_water/potableWaterPumps.html

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
pgtips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BD,
I looked at these but didn't figure how they could work.

Is it on the principle as soon as I squeeze the trigger of a tap to open up the flow end (at its simplest finger over the end, finger not on the end of the pipe) water will flow and it is always primed.?

Sorry but this is a new thing to me.

And I guess it triggers into operation by sensing there is no restriction.

Would that be correct ?

Bit like an old electric fuel pump I have on a car, when I turn the ignition on it primes to build up pressure then feeds fuel when the carbs demand it, push, not suck.

Many thanks
Kevin
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it maintains a constant pressure in the line out, when the pressure drops a switch turns on the pump until the pressure is back to wherever it's set. You still need a master switch somewhere incase you run out of water or want to do system maintenance.

Слава Україні!
pgtips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: