Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another 64 turkis bus with white knobs.
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Another 64 turkis bus with white knobs. Reply with quote

I saw this bus in the classifieds a few weeks back. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=979281 I have a 64 turkis kombi that also has white dash knobs and shifter. Knowing the history of my bus, I'm pretty sure that the white knobs came on the bus from the factory. Here is another 64 turkis (panel) that looks to have white knobs. Anybody else have a commercial bus that looks to have been equiped with white dash knobs?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dubstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing to consider is the bus you linked appears to have many non-stock additions (gauges, different door panels, etc.)

http://instagram.com/john_aka_dubstar/
http://web.stagram.com/n/john_aka_dubstar/

"you could transport really tall things too, like a giraffe"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AndrewM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the bus does have an aftermarket gauge cluster. But those door panels are original.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dubstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they look black with gray paint scratched off from wear...is that how the original panels were made? I assumed original panels were gray throughout...

http://instagram.com/john_aka_dubstar/
http://web.stagram.com/n/john_aka_dubstar/

"you could transport really tall things too, like a giraffe"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey andrew,
those door panels look pretty og to me. they would have been a black tarborad painted grey on the face side only.

i had a 64 pearl white kombi and it had ivory overhead vent controls and door eschusions. i am thinking, and i might be wrong, that black/white front door eschusions were a ribbed door handle thing. someone correct me if i'm wrong. my jan. 61 had light grey eschusions i am thinking.

if i were to guess i would say the front door eschusions would be the best evidence when judging what color the cab area pieces would have been; they are the hardest item to remove.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My '64 Turkis SC had white knobs, but those are so easy to replace. However, the overhead vent handle was also white and it's much more of a pain to remove so that's what made me think it was original.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is true but it seems like a lot of 64s got white everything - we have a discussion before about Turquoise 64 Buses having white seat frames too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zuhaelter_82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, our 64 turkis has white knobs as well as white seat frames.
B5 V6 GLS
B7 TDI Passat SE
AndrewM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My seat frames are black. Everything else is white.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: