Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Taking responsibility for your own actions......
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hell. Fred Flintstone says ZARF is a word and almost kicked Barney's ass over it. The prefix irr- suggests opposite meaning, so maybe that means "full of regard". Smile

The Websters hits the nail. 'It is generally listed in dictionaries as "incorrect" or "nonstandard".' and 'The origin of irregardless is not known for certain, but the consensus among references is that it is a blend of irrespective and regardless, both of which are commonly accepted standard English words. By blending these words, an illogical word is created.'

Massachusetts, Indiana, wherever it was first said to be contrived, look at the structure, and note that Websters suggests the truth being that it is made up. Just because it's printed doesn't make it a proper word.

We now return you to your irregularly scheduled programming already in progress.

Sorry Roy.
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking responsibility for your own actions...... Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
[ ; if you don't have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion, then STFU and go away. The whole purpose of this site is to HELP people, not use scare tactics which will untimately drive people away from the hobby that we all love.

far be it from me to comment on someone telling someone to STFU, but I have to... very, *very* unprofessional for someone that advertises here to do so... on top of that you must be a complete idiot if you expect only *intelligent* replies on this site... even a bit hypocritical having seen some of the purse-swinging matches you've managed to get involved with...

that said, Roy, if you can't be nice, STFU and go away.... Laughing

GEX has. Just sayin
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Roy can't STFU and go away if he intends to stay in business. Up until the last few years MOFOCO had just as bad a reputation as EMPI does. They were not known for top quallity and they did take a few shortcuts. Since Roy took over he says he is trying to turn that reputation around. 10 years ago MOFOCO was only one tiny step better then GEX.

Roy the smartest thing you could have done when you took over the company was to have changed the name. The 2nd smartest thing you could do would be to quit selling any EMPI products.

It's not necessarily the EMPI parts that are crap, it is just the way that the EMPI company has taken a crap on the whole VW hobby to the point that I will never again buy anything with the EMPI name.

The Constitution of the United States grants everybody on this forum the freedom of speech. Therefore we all have the right to say whatever we want. If you don't like it then turn your computer off and don't read it.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
lupin..the..3rd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking responsibility for your own actions...... Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
[ ; if you don't have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion, then STFU and go away. The whole purpose of this site is to HELP people, not use scare tactics which will untimately drive people away from the hobby that we all love.

far be it from me to comment on someone telling someone to STFU, but I have to... very, *very* unprofessional for someone that advertises here to do so... on top of that you must be a complete idiot if you expect only *intelligent* replies on this site... even a bit hypocritical having seen some of the purse-swinging matches you've managed to get involved with...

that said, Roy, if you can't be nice, STFU and go away.... Laughing

I'm thinking he meant it in the colloquial interwebs manner, hence the use of the acronym. I don't think it was intended as a literal instruction. In the same vein as "LMAO", as no one literally laughs to the point of detaching their gluteus maximus. Besides, our world is full of enough politically correct bullshit and unnecessary censorship.
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking responsibility for your own actions...... Reply with quote

lupin..the..3rd wrote:
if you don't have I'm thinking he meant it in the colloquial interwebs manner, hence the use of the acronym. I don't think it was intended as a literal instruction. In the same vein as "LMAO", as no one literally laughs to the point of detaching their gluteus maximus. Besides, our world is full of enough politically correct bullshit and unnecessary censorship.

it *was* sarcasm, in the sense that none of us, moderators excepted, have any "right" to tell someone to "STFU"... made me laugh a little, if it offended anyone, it wasn't the intent... but on the internet folks love to get offended, and that's okay too... Laughing

GEX has. Just sayin
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:

The Constitution of the United States grants everybody on this forum the freedom of speech. Therefore we all have the right to say whatever we want. If you don't like it then turn your computer off and don't read it.

Um .... One tiny point, the First Amendment to The Constitution of the United States does not apply to a private sponsored operation like a forum even though it operated in a "public" venue..... The First Amendment of The Constitution of the United States only prohibits the GOVERNMENT from preventing you the freedom to say what you wish....

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Also it is in ones best interests sometime to not say something though they feel it needs to be said and the have all the freedom to say it, like "yelling" fire in a theater...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Taking responsibility for your own actions...... Reply with quote

turboblue wrote:
Dale M. wrote:
Bruce wrote:
bugnut68 wrote:
.... irregardless ....

There's no such word.

You sure....

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definiti...Search#906

Dale

Maybe not in Canada Dale.......... Cool

We don't speak American slang in Canada, we speak English!

From Dale's link:
"It is generally listed in dictionaries as "incorrect""
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Taking responsibility for your own actions...... Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
So I am asking you to please exhaust all possibilites, talk to friends, post on thesmaba do whatever you can to figure out the problem first. Then, if you can't, please call whoever you bought the part from and KINDLY explain what happened, why you think it happened and what you did to try and fix it.

Since when is The Samba every vendors customer support department?

Part of the profit margin is there to pay for after sales support. Some vendors have minimal margins and their customer support is there only for returns. Others have staff that are experts in the products they sell even if they don't make them.

So Roy, are you a Gene Berg Ent., Aircooled.net and Wolfsburg West or are you a Mid America and JC Whitney?

If you sell crap expect to have to deal with the problems.

In case you missed this:
"You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get"

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:
I understand and agree with your point. Just seems odd that in less than a year, six different customers of the same vendor, buying a rather specialized part, are all guilty of neglecting their braking system to the extent that the components are failing. One would assume that their brake cylinders and master cylinders should also be failing for the same reason.

Of course, since Roy was able to get them all working perfectly again simply by cleaning them, I guess in this case it really is nothing more than neglect by all six customers.

Working perfectly again for how long??...a 5 minute check or the life of the product?

I'm sure the "6" returns ar a mere fraction of the many, many that have been puchased and trashed.

Bitching about refunding for a few is a joke. Roy should just be happy all the bad one's don't come back for refunds.
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just how long is the guarentee period on an Empi product? Roy, How long were these units in service? Most people would completely change the fluid when replacing a major part in the braking system.
Paul
Nitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there is a lot of junk out there. A vender with the experience and high standards to cull the wheat from the chaff has a higher likelihood of getting and keeping my business.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: