Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cat piss rust on a flywheel
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kadub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is great. Some of us cat-piss victims need somewhere to vent. I use a live trap and catch problem cats from time to time were I live. My favorite "treatment" is a good dose of flourescent orange paint. I try to avoid the head/eyes/etc. but everything else is game. Spray the crap out of them right in the cage (safer that way Wink ) then set them free. I've never had a problem with them returning, but about every 6 months there's a new stray cat marking my tires, crapping in the gravel carport, or worse. I had to resist the urge to piss all over one cat that had been spraying inside my newly carpeted ski boat Evil or Very Mad . It would have been so easy with him in the live trap too, but I resisted, and gave him a serious dose of paint instead.

I do have a couple of indoor cats that are pretty cool pets. To keep them off the counter tops (and for a little entertainment) I use clear box tape upside down. This works on cars parked outside also. Once they jump onto the surface, they freak out and find themselves wrapped up in sticky tape almost immediately (use nice long pieces for best results). Cats don't like suprises like that too much Laughing .

Oh, glad you got the rust off your flywheel...
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several decades ago, my girlfriend's cat pissed on my down-filled sleeping bag. Mad My sister and her husband had a foul smell in their bedroom for one week before he found that one of their cats had pissed in one of his slippers. Is there anywhere that they won't piss?
I still think that cat piss would make a good paint remover.
lupin..the..3rd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BugMan114 wrote:
OMG, i hate loose cats. My neighbor has like 20-30 cats, and all run wild (psycho cat lady Rolling Eyes ). They are always in my baja bug. They keep shitting all over it. it really pisses me off Evil or Very Mad . I have already ran over like 2 or 3. for some reason they like to run across the road when you pass by. I didn't really hit them on purpose, but i wasn't about to flat spot my tires stopping for the little fuggers either. So oh well. My other neighbor's dog is always killing cats as well. So between me and my neighbors dog, they should all be gone by haloween Twisted Evil Laughing , lol.

Co2 powered pellet gun. Or a .22. Put those disgusting animals out of their misery.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.22LR

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickcassidy wrote:
now this crap just about fries my bacon BOTH SIDES i got cats coming inhere pissin on all of my cars rims anything shiny it hit up my 4x4 my mercedes and my baja alum rims i set up a cat trap cage and all i can catch is a possum i set it up with cat nip and cat food the bastard wont touch it i will dee port his ass 100 miles from my house ! that stuff is like acid it has etched the chrome and aluminum and ive used 2000 grit paper on the alum and still it wont come off !!! damm

Its obvious, you aren't married!!
harryset
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't go into details of the mechanics, but: I made a device consisting of a metal garbage can (on it's side), lid wired in place leaving enough room for a cat to enter. A 12 Ga mag shell (shot removed) with a trip/firing device. A can of tuna.

They walk funny for a while afterwards and don't ever return. Plus, I think they pass the word amongst their friends.

185 60's up front, Empi disc kit, 2 1/2" drop spindles, 185 65's in back, stock drums.

Sound Deadening by Secondskin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BugMan114
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the live traps i have worked for a litle while, then the cats got wise to them i assume. I dropped all the ones i did catch over 30 miles from my house, but now i just take them about 10 miles away to an animal shelter, where they get euthanized after about 3 days. My annoying neighbor paid over $300 in fees and stuff to get one of them back, but i accidentally ran it over like a week later. I 'm tellin ya, they will wait in the ditch on the side of the road, and just run under the car, and get run over. this has happened more times then i can remember (about 5 or 6). I guess their life with my crazy neighbor must be so bad, the cats want to off themselves, lol. works for me, lol.
1960 Baja Bug
1969 Baja Bug
Sand Rail- Homemade
Sand Rail- FUBAR

Aircooled Airheads

Why the hell do they call it a gland nut. its obviously a big fat bolt!!!
BugMan114
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lovin the trash can idea. cept replace the shot, with rock salt Twisted Evil
1960 Baja Bug
1969 Baja Bug
Sand Rail- Homemade
Sand Rail- FUBAR

Aircooled Airheads

66 deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
.22LR

and use varmint grenades that's what me and Raby were using on rabbits on his property last year when i worked for him, bang goes the rifle, explode goes the cat.
Jake Raby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damo, that was a .17 HMR

Here is a 5 shot group from that same rifle we shot at 200 yards

The one that dropped out was my fault, the one you can't see very well was keyholed through two other holes.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"I've never given anyone Hell, I just told them the truth and they thought it was Hell"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lupin..the..3rd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's at 200 yards? Well dayum, you're good!
BugMan114
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its wierd how no cats are falling for my live traps any more, i used to catch them all the time. i tried using tuna, cat food, peanutbutter, some raw fish, some leftover cooked fish, raw pork, and nothing has worked. i've even seen the cats look at the trap, then walk away. we caught the same possum three times with the raw meat, catfood, and tune.

BTW, anybody ever catch possums. They look so evil, but its all an act. They are actually pretty fun to play with. they won't bit you no matter how you grab them. pretty funny actually, lol.

Anybody use any bait that works?
1960 Baja Bug
1969 Baja Bug
Sand Rail- Homemade
Sand Rail- FUBAR

Aircooled Airheads

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you do that you can't eat it nor sell the corpse to the local chinese gourmet

66 deluxe wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
.22LR

and use varmint grenades that's what me and Raby were using on rabbits on his property last year when i worked for him, bang goes the rifle, explode goes the cat.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bart Dunn
Samba Consiglieri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has taken the appropriate direction, how to deal with the cats, for they must be dealt with. "Accidents" happening to cats is ineffective as a long-term strategy, and hunting only compounds the problem, as they just end up hiding and breeding. You really need to bio-engineer some kind of super cat virus. Anyone have a mad scientist lab in their garage?

You also need to legislate against cat owners and activists. Write to your state and local representatives about banning cat magazines, cat knicknacks in retail stores, and de-regulating what's in cat food so that the Chinese will start putting more wood pulp and iron scrap in it to bulk it up when selling by weight. Let the free market work for you in this instance.

That'd be a good start.
Jake Raby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only take out Squirrels (because they eat car interiors) and Rabbits (because they eat damn good!) and groundhogs because they dig holes all over my damn property!
"I've never given anyone Hell, I just told them the truth and they thought it was Hell"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake Raby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only take out Squirrels (because they eat car interiors) and Rabbits (because they eat damn good!) and groundhogs because they dig holes all over my damn property!
Bart Dunn
Samba Consiglieri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, those varmits indeed do all those things, but this thread is about cats pissing on flywheels. Please stay on topic. Leave some flywheels out and when you discover them smelling like cat piss you will then find out how rewarding a good cat hunt can be.
66 deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
if you do that you can't eat it nor sell the corpse to the local chinese gourmet

66 deluxe wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
.22LR

Like the chinaman I work with say "us Chinese will eat anything with legs except a table and eat anything with wings except an aeroplane". So a shredded cat will still be on the menu.
Jake Raby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been years since I spotted a cat on this property! We did have a Lynx get caught up on the front porch of the old farmhouse thats screened in.. It went crazy and blasted right through the screen wire leaving a 10" diameter hole in the screen! It looked like a cannon blasted a bowling ball through it..

The problem I have is Bears.. This one was right outside my office window
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

He thought it would be cool to sneak into the dyno cell one evening and take a huge crap in the floor! Every year by the time Bear season rolls around these bastards leave town and don't come back till late Spring.. I have a 45-70 with his name all over it if I ever catch him in range during Bear season!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: