Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mid America?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
myk648
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just order some stuff from MAM. What a headache! Everything was listed as "in stock" when I placed the ad. I receive the package a few days later and it's missing an item. I email them and they respond that everything was shipped. I have to send them a copy of my invoice to show them the mistake. They finally see the problem and tell me it'll be 2 weeks because the item is now out of stock! Fine. Send it when it comes in. Fast forward 2 weeks. I get the package today...after waiting...and it's the wrong item! Waiting to see what they are going to do to rectify the problem. My guess is nothing! Last time they get any of my money!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody visit their website lately, is seems like everything is on backorder.

I got a $75 gift certificate from my brother-in-law last Christmas and think I should spend it soon. I am just wondering if this is a tell tale sign that they may be going out of the VW parts business.

KantDriveFast wrote:
Quote:

As cool as it is to find old VWs that have been sitting since the '70s, most of these are cut up (buses especially) and smell like weed and feet. Sad
myk648
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul D wrote:
Anybody visit their website lately, is seems like everything is on backorder.

I got a $75 gift certificate from my brother-in-law last Christmas and think I should spend it soon. I am just wondering if this is a tell tale sign that they may be going out of the VW parts business.

I was there a couple of days ago...did notice a lot of back order. I'm supposed to be getting a gift card from them because of the above mentioned deal. Probably spend it quick!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their catalogues are very good at breaking down the appropriate parts. In all honesty, I check out their cats for reference and then order from either Wolfsburg West or KGPR. Only reason is that my initial purchases from MAM were rubber parts and they were beyond piss-poor quality. Rolling Eyes
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am currently having a headache with Mid America about an order.

Here is the breakdown:

5/1 Bought coco mats for the bus, got confirmation email

5/13 Emailed customer service because I had received no more emails indicating that it had shipped or any tracking number. Received this:

Quote:
I apologize for the delay. This item is specially made so it usually takes 7 to 10 days. It shipped today and should arrive shortly

No problem, makes sense. I would have appreciated some info but no biggie.

5/21 (Today) I called because it had been over a week and no show so I thought I could get some tracking info. The customer service rep informed me that it was already delivered on 5/12! Well that must be a mistake I replied. He informed me that it was delivered to a Doug in Port Angeles, WA. If you look at my order confirmation, I clearly stated my billing and shipping address (none of which includes a Doug or a Port Angeles, WA).

It was also delivered on 5/12, a day before the email above (5/13) in which I was told that it had shipped that day! Well now I feel lied to. How is it possible that it was sent to a completely different person in a completely different town on 5/12 and then also be shipped on 5/13?

Now I am told that you have to send the order again to the drop shipper and I have to wait the 7-10 days for that plus a week shipping. This is not acceptable. I have already been waiting for this for 3 weeks and will not even be in town when the next one finally decides to show up.

Talk about a clusterfuck...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently received a new wood replacement dash face for a gift for my '71 Ghia. Nice gift. The person purchased the item from MAM.

After receiving the gift, I looked it over and noticed a sticker on the back with a label that looked exactly like the stickers I have seen on KGP&R items. I grabbed my KGP&R catalog. Sure enough it was their part number.

I called MAM. They said their supplier was a company in Ventura, CA - where KGP&R is located. No problem with them getting their parts there. However, they charge $129.99 for the same part you can purchase from KGP&R for $104.95!

This is absolute proof that MAM is overpriced. They are now on my Do not Call List!
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icy wrote:
Matt B wrote:
I want to extend my personal assurance that Mid America Motorworks stands behind every product we sell. If anyone has any product or customer service issues with Mid America Motorworks, I welcome you to contact me directly and give me the opportunity to make it right.

With regards to MAM being compared to JC Whitney or any other such suppliers- I can not offer my personal opinion on this subject, as I have never ordered from these companies. As far as local shops go- I agree that it is nice to order from such places, but Mid America Motorworks is always here for a wide variety of quality parts when you can’t find what you need from local shops. While we don’t make it a habit to price match, you can contact me any time you find a price on which we are out of line, and I will offer you our best price possible.

Last, I’d like to say that Mid America Motorworks goes above and beyond for our customers in every possible way. We host a Customer Appreciation event every year which is offered completely free to our VW customers. We offer significant support for countless VW clubs and shows. I personally own a 1974 Super Beetle, and am one of many VW owners working here. I am the Sales Team Leader here and I am confident that if you give us the chance, you will be completely satisfied with the outcome. I welcome you to phone or e mail me with any questions or concerns you have at this time.

Sincerely,

Matt Britton
1-800-500-1500 ex.4276
[email protected]

I'll be damned if I ever by anything by an outfit that's run by a bunch of Corvette guys.

Here's a big one I want to see answered: Why are the aftermarket gas tanks such absolute SHIT? How hard is it to demand that your supplier provide fuel tanks where the filler neck actually lines up??? I've seen many complaints about that one item on this forum over and over and over. Actually, keep selling that piece of crap, because then I can keep making money on my good, used tanks.

I agree with that. I need a new tank, and why is it such a pain in the ass to find one that works? I finally decided to have an old one redone too. I dont shop at MAM for two reasons, one, they are higher than other parts places on the same crummy parts. Two, I prefer my local shop. I'm sure you guys have your niche, but its not with me.

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Matt cleared up the problem I was having (see above). He was very helpful and I am satisfied now. Got my mats and they look great. Thanks Matt...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dunebubby
Samba Thread Killer

Location: In my den,throwing darts at a picture of my ex-boss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calebmelvin wrote:
Well I am currently having a headache with Mid America about an order.

Here is the breakdown:

5/1 Bought coco mats for the bus, got confirmation email

5/13 Emailed customer service because I had received no more emails indicating that it had shipped or any tracking number. Received this:

Quote:
I apologize for the delay. This item is specially made so it usually takes 7 to 10 days. It shipped today and should arrive shortly

No problem, makes sense. I would have appreciated some info but no biggie.

5/21 (Today) I called because it had been over a week and no show so I thought I could get some tracking info. The customer service rep informed me that it was already delivered on 5/12! Well that must be a mistake I replied. He informed me that it was delivered to a Doug in Port Angeles, WA. If you look at my order confirmation, I clearly stated my billing and shipping address (none of which includes a Doug or a Port Angeles, WA).

It was also delivered on 5/12, a day before the email above (5/13) in which I was told that it had shipped that day! Well now I feel lied to. How is it possible that it was sent to a completely different person in a completely different town on 5/12 and then also be shipped on 5/13?

Now I am told that you have to send the order again to the drop shipper and I have to wait the 7-10 days for that plus a week shipping. This is not acceptable. I have already been waiting for this for 3 weeks and will not even be in town when the next one finally decides to show up.

Talk about a clusterfuck...

I bet your mats went to this guy.......
duginabug wrote:
I received floor mats for a Bay that I didn't even order, and I don't even own a Bay.
Hell, I've never order floor mats from them for anything...ever.
The funny part was when they called me about two weeks after I receiver them.

"RING"

"Hello"
"Yes, hello. My name is Josh from Mid America Motorworks"

"How can I help you Josh?"
"Well...um...did you...happen to received a set of floor mats recently that...um...you didn't order?"

"Why yes I did".
"Well...(nervous chuckle)...do you think...maybe you could...send them back to us? At our expense of course!"

(I laugh) "Of course I can."

Josh must have drawn the short straw that day.
Too funny.

Notice he's in Washington and named Doug,(presumably). Laughing
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received a Longblock from Mid-America. It was severly damaged in shipping due to being dropped upside down and cracking the case and breaking off both Fuel pump bolts. I had it shipped to my dad were my car is setting. He did not inspect he engine (signed for it only) and when I got to the engine I found that it had been damaged in shippment. I called MidAmerica for a replacement and they said I signed for it so it was mine...or more precisely they said my father signed for it so it was inspected and in good condition (BS). There is no inspection on the shipping. MID-America refuses to send me a new one and said to deal with the Shipper for damage. They claim I need to talk to the shipper (CON-WAY Freight). Argggggg!!!

CON-WAY says they will submit a Damage claim and have been Civil. I am working on the Paperwork.

Any suggestion on dealing with this?

1964 Convertible Bug - 1600cc SP engine with a stock H30/31 Carb and SVDA Distributor - Swing Arm Highway Flyer Tranny, Gene Berg's Temperature Dipstick, 2.5" drop spindles, 2" narrowed adjustable front end. Chromed OEM fan tower.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small claims court...

Did the box have any clear sign of damage from being dropped? Either way, I'd write a letter to the company president and claim that there is no reasonable way that someone can check an engine and have the delivery guy sit and wait for you to do your dilligence.

You can see how some "customers" abuse this situation though. Laughing
Bart Dunn
Samba Consiglieri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb03830 wrote:
I have just received a Longblock from Mid-America. It was severly damaged in shipping due to being dropped upside down and cracking the case and breaking off both Fuel pump bolts. I had it shipped to my dad were my car is setting. He did not inspect he engine (signed for it only) and when I got to the engine I found that it had been damaged in shippment. I called MidAmerica for a replacement and they said I signed for it so it was mine...or more precisely they said my father signed for it so it was inspected and in good condition (BS). There is no inspection on the shipping. MID-America refuses to send me a new one and said to deal with the Shipper for damage. They claim I need to talk to the shipper (CON-WAY Freight). Argggggg!!!

CON-WAY says they will submit a Damage claim and have been Civil. I am working on the Paperwork.

This happened to me a long time ago. Be persistent and show up in person at the relevant places to discuss with the decision-makers. If you just phone and e-mail people, you're easy to ignore.

And, yes, take them to court if need be.

And don't buy anything else from them, much less something like an engine.
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb03830 wrote:

OK, I was able to finally get hold of a manger (I think in CS) and he said they will pick up the damaged engine and send me a new one Shocked . Yea Me Very Happy I am stunned at the extreme turn. Good recovery Mid-America.

They are now asking for help in documentation. No biggy.

1964 Convertible Bug - 1600cc SP engine with a stock H30/31 Carb and SVDA Distributor - Swing Arm Highway Flyer Tranny, Gene Berg's Temperature Dipstick, 2.5" drop spindles, 2" narrowed adjustable front end. Chromed OEM fan tower.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask them who actually built it. Was it some a reputable engine builder or some guy that slaps parts together.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will begin with, as I do in other companies feedback threads, that I do not work for midamerica nor do I represent them in any way. That being said, and I'm sorry to say but they are correct. When recieving any truck shipment, it is the responsibility of the reciever to acknowlege that the shipment was recieved with no damage. This is done by signing the recieving slip. Trust me, we get truck shipments here at Mofoco every day and I had to learn this lesson the hard way. We got stuck with a couple pallets of parts that half of them were junk from the trucking company stacking other pallets on top of them. Since I signed for them, POOF, out the door went my $5000. As for shipping engines, I always tell my customers to inspect everything before signing anything. Once you sign, that is a declaration to the shipping company that everything was recieved undamaged. The problem for the shipper is that they have no recourse with the shipping company to collect money for the damaged freight unless it's either refused or you physically write DAMAGED next to your name. I am glad that Mid America is taking care of that, I always do the same thing here. Sometimes, even when all the rules are followed, the claims adjuster just puts their standard response "Insufficient Packaging" anyway but this really digs into our pockets(not that it should be the customer's responsibility) The key is that you as customers help us(and this in turn helps you by way of lower prices) keep from getting screwed by the shipping companies and the best way is to inspect every package(FedEx, UPS and truck shipments) and report damage immediately or just refuse the package and state the reason as damage in shipping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is wrong to stick it to the reciever for not inspecting it thoroughly, true once you sign for it your on the hook, but if I employ Bob and he breaks shit, and i wont do anything about it, then what does that tell you about me? they should at least lean on the freight company that ruined the motor and offer some sort of remedy. take it back and send a new one at no cost. expensive yes, but this may force them to secure the motors better, possibly a crate, the way other enging shippers do it. or not sell engines anymore....and if its too profitable to give up, then why not take care of the customer. also it would be insanely stupid to not insure this shipment.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb03830 wrote:
tb03830 wrote:

OK, I was able to finally get hold of a manger (I think in CS) and he said they will pick up the damaged engine and send me a new one Shocked . Yea Me Very Happy I am stunned at the extreme turn. Good recovery Mid-America.

They are now asking for help in documentation. No biggy.

After that kind of experience, I would get my money back and go through a reputable engine builder, not just an engine seller.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking this one in favor of
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=273015
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: