Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bracket to mount bug engine in 69 bus?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stew82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Bracket to mount bug engine in 69 bus? Reply with quote

I just bought a 69 bus which has a 1600 cc bug motor installed. However the engine is sagging because the heater boxes are just sitting on the engine mount. Another bus I bought had a bracket which mounted on the oil pump and crankcase, which held the motor up. Anyone know where I can get one? Also anyone know if this is a bad idea? I was thinking it would put alot of stress on the oil pump.
toddgsanford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Bracket to mount bug engine in 69 bus? Reply with quote

bug pack makes this bracket to adapt the bug engine also available at cip1.com about 12.99 pn acc-c10-5036. I have not heard if this ads a strain on the oil pump mounting bolts. would also think that it would. for the long term fix I recomend finding the case with mounting holes for the stock mount. have heard of people drilling and tapping the bosses on the old bug engine but personally would not do this. hope this helps
todd
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Bracket to mount bug engine in 69 bus? Reply with quote

A 69 bus should have a factory-installed rear engine mount that has three bolts that thread directly into the crankcase. The heater boxes should not be sitting on anything! Try to find a '68-71 bus at an auto wrecker...salvage and put the correct support bar back on to your '69. The rubber engine mounts that fit onto the bar are available new from CIP1.com
ekimthemad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Bracket to mount bug engine in 69 bus? Reply with quote

My bus has a bug motor with the adaptor plate on it. What a pain in the butt that is. It never really fits quite right. Plus it is one more piece to deal with everytime the engine comes out. I think all of the new cases coming out have the correct boses for the 68-71 buses. I have never had a problem with it putting to much stress on the oil pump studs. It works it just doesn't work as well as I think it should.

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: