Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

85 1.9L oil pressure buzzer going off with new oil questions
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
camerahunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: 85 1.9L oil pressure buzzer going off with new oil questions Reply with quote

So, I was posting to an old thread and not really getting anywhere and I really want the van fixed and drivable. I have owned this van 12+ years and zero problems the whole time, no water problems, overheat, rough idle, nothing at all.

For starters the oil pressure switch is hooked up with a good connection. The oil is new, Castrol 10W 40, Wix filter, fresh plugs, cap, rotor, OX sensor. The van still runs fine but after reading on Ben's site, threads here, and other sites my problem seems backwards.
The 1.9L just have the one pressure sensor, supposed to go off below 2K rpms. Mine goes off only above 2K rpms which is supposed to happen with the 2.1L engines.

I'm wondering if it's because I swapped out the console, speedo, tach, etc. cluster panel from a 87 2.1L van? I don't know why or how it could be working backwards or how o resolve this.

Thank you,

David
morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the thin circuit board inside the speedo, or remove the buzzer module on the board. From your previous post did u even try grounding the brown wire going to the 2nd oil sender??
camerahunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello morymob,

It's only got the one sender between the pushrod tubes, no sender near the pully's.

Thank you,

David
morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okydoky now, after re-reading sq-1 i take it u have an early '85 with a 1.9 and swapped a '87 cluster in. I did same , and to get rid of the buzz i removed the buzz-noisemaker from board in speedo. If u remove board your norm oil lite won't come on/off at startup(this was with me anyway). I did another WBX and bent a pin on ckt board over to another and soldered to get same effect but don't have Bently handy as i don't remember which, i think it was #4. Now i realize u don't have the wire to 2nd sender, my fault.
camerahunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought I had an old cluster around here to swap out the newer one and be back in business but I sold it with another van. I need to disable the buzzer but don't have a clue as to how to do it.
I have the back off the speedo but it's looking complicated to get in there and find the buzzer. Anyone have any tips as to doing this easily?

Thank you,

David
camerahunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind.
I found it on here and will tr it out tomorrow.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412496&highlight=disable+oil+pressure+buzzer

Thank you,

David
Icarus550
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

camerahunter wrote:
Never mind.
I found it on here and will tr it out tomorrow.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412496&highlight=disable+oil+pressure+buzzer

Thank you,

David

I registered here just to say thank you. I know little about electronics and even less about VW electronics. I've been trying to disable my buzzer for over a month now. This buzzer has been driving me insane.

I've been looking everywhere for specific instructions on how to disable it. The previous owner had already grounded it out so I'm guessing there is bad wiring somewhere.

You saved my sanity. I hope you've had luck with yours.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: