Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vintage EMPI/DDS parts..help..
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfri2899
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: vintage EMPI/DDS parts..help.. Reply with quote

HI. I have recently been digging threw my shop for stuff to sell, and I came across these parts, I know what they are and that they are hard to find ( i believe) but not what to ask? I'm hoping some of you VW heads who have been around a while could help me and give me ballpark prices on what any of this stuff is worth.
Thanks for all your help in my other thread and i appreciate anyone who can help me out!

What I have here is :

Empi VW balljoint front shocks

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7263/frontshocks1.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/105/frontshocks2.jpg

Old school looking Empi glove box door pull

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3757/pullc.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2194/pull2.jpg

Empi oil pump cover??

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2785/empioilpump.jpg

DDS motor mount kit

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9283/dds1q.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2749/dds2.jpg

and this Wolf's crest belt buckle (could find absolutely no information about this online)
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7844/crest1.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6635/crest2k.jpg

Thanks for anyone who took the time to look at this and can help . my email is [email protected].
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NOS glove box pull used to go for $100, but there's one for $60 shipped in the classifieds now that hasn't sold..

What engine is the Empi oil pump cover for, and the DDS motor mount kit?

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cfri2899
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both should fit on any type 1 1600cc engine application whether it be bug/ghia/early bus.
bro2539
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have that belt buckle! PM me a price. I have no clue what it is worth, but its cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: sent you an email Reply with quote

sent you a couple emails. I saw your ads after I sent the first one, sorry for that. I wold be willing to go $100 for each shock, $200 for the pair, and maybe go $100 on the dds mounts...... I have never paid more than $75-$100 for an og empi shock, and feel that is a fair offer. the dds mounts would be great on a car I am building too, but these offers are far less than your asking on the classifieds for these parts...... Rolling Eyes
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: prices have come way down..... Reply with quote

the prices on nos empi parts, and or blister packs have come way down..... I have paid $75-$100 for a new old stock empi shock at the vw classic, and you can see most parts, unless they are super rare, have come down a bit in price... I am sitting on a shiat load myself, but will have to wait till the next hay day, for big C's payday!!! Laughing
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: prices have come way down..... Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
the prices on nos empi parts, and or blister packs have come way down.....

Yes, we'll probably see these parts up for sale for a looooooong time, if he's keeping his prices at this level.. Wink

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: we have chatted a bit Reply with quote

we have chatted a bit and I think he was misinformed on the actual value of the parts he has. Someone might of told him what some of the parts had made $$$$ wise in the peak of the Empi Glory Hole! Laughing I think those days are over unless the part is super rare. even GT wheels have come down hundreds of dollars..... Twisted Evil
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: we have chatted a bit Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
we have chatted a bit and I think he was misinformed on the actual value of the parts he has. Someone might of told him what some of the parts had made $$$$ wise in the peak of the Empi Glory Hole! Laughing I think those days are over unless the part is super rare. even GT wheels have come down hundreds of dollars..... Twisted Evil

I told him in a PM that he shouldnt go less than 350 for his empi radio

and I told him that the EMPI hayday is long gone, 6 or so years ago he would have gotten these prices. Like the stock market/ housing market everything was prices high and hte bubble finally burst Wink
Simon uk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, most of my empi stuff is long gone, what do you think crashed the prices?
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon uk wrote:
hi guys, most of my empi stuff is long gone, what do you think crashed the prices?

supply and demand.

for some reason the trend got really popular fast, wasnt enough around and lots of demand. once the demand has been met the prices go way down Wink
oibovveroi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most people dont want and will not pay the high price for stuff anymore.
100 a shock is more than fair.
well,thats what I would pay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheOPWK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thornton wrote:
Simon uk wrote:

supply and demand.

for some reason the trend got really popular fast, wasnt enough around and lots of demand. once the demand has been met the prices go way down Wink

Actually, Thornton single handedly killed the market by flooding it with NOS parts. jerk. Thanks for making my collection worth fifty bucks.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: too funny! Reply with quote

Laughing that is some funny shiat! at least he was smart to sell when the price was high! guess we just need to 'mr. burns' for a few years till it picks up again! Twisted Evil
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOPWK wrote:
Thornton wrote:
Simon uk wrote:

supply and demand.

Actually, Thornton single handedly killed the market by flooding it with NOS parts. jerk. Thanks for making my collection worth fifty bucks.

sure blame it on the fat kid Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: