Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TDC Auto Parts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: TDC Auto Parts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 11, 2009
Keldog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfats808 wrote:
I do have one compliment, ive never found anyone yet to match the prices of parts i purchased from him in the past.

that's because he bought wholesale and ran his 'operation' out of his trailer park. with no rent, insurance, or employees it's easy to under cut all the shops... zero overhead, all profit!
Viande
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldog wrote:
jfats808 wrote:
I do have one compliment, ive never found anyone yet to match the prices of parts i purchased from him in the past.

that's because he bought wholesale and ran his 'operation' out of his trailer park. with no rent, insurance, or employees it's easy to under cut all the shops... zero overhead, all profit!

Hey don't forget selling used and or returned garbage and not putting in engines what was "paid" for. Not hard to have great prices when are charging customers for products they are not receiving. I am sure the dying is just his latest in a long string of lies. If he is it's no loss, Karma is a bitch.

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the joy of the cheap price fades away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eivind E
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfats808 wrote:
Last i heard Ben has heart problems and has been diagnosed with a year to live.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.
The guy packs more spin than a Tenerife timeshare-salesman, quite simply anything he says is 99% certain to be a lie.

I'm not a bad guy. But quite simply, I won't believe this until I see a tombstone with his name on it, and even then I'd check the photo for signs of photoshop abuse.
chambersc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Add one more to the list! Reply with quote

So I pulled my heads tonight in order to do some porting polishing and my "1914" turns out to be a 1776! On top of that, my regular 043 heads are actually H models so they have the small valves in them. For two years now I've been assuming I had a 1914. Turns out all along I don't. Evil or Very Mad

Last time I let another person build a motor for me. Thanks Ben, you've really made my day today.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw you post Chambers. Ben got you too, huh?

PM me and see what we can do about your motor. I make trips to Omaha almost every month. Oklahoma is not far.

YOu can either refresh the whole thing or go w/ the larger 1915cc you paid for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eivind E
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Add one more to the list! Reply with quote

chambersc wrote:
So I pulled my heads tonight in order to do some porting polishing and my "1914" turns out to be a 1776!

Thanks Ben

You should just be glad he didn't send you a broken down motor like he did to a couple of the guys..

Sorry to bump this old thread though, but Jesus Christ, this guy Ben was just such a total #"%!/!"...
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a fella that asked me about an engine and was comparing my work to Ben TDC. This fellas said that he can get a much better deal and "larger" engine for the price w/ TDC, so I said fine.

The guy already got his mind set seems like but just wanted me to give my input on what to do w/ the engine build he is getting from Ben.

I could not say don't go there...or come to me instead. I said it is your money man. Spend it as you wish.

He is probably kicking himself right about now. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sandowner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: TDC Auto is Back! Reply with quote

As noted in another thread, TDC Auto (Ben) appear to have recovered from his heart problems and is trading again at http://www.tdcvwparts.com. However, all the goods on his site are links to other sellers on Ebay. What sort of scam is he pulling now?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I wonder if that site has been taken over by a domain sniper just to use it as eBay links...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sandowner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too up on ebay, but lets hope this has nothing to do with Ben and he never darkens the door of the VW community again! Having waited for 8 months for Ben not to deliver the goods I paid for (got the money back from the bank eventually) the exchange rate changed so much that I could not afford to order the parts from another supplier. Guess that's what happens when you play the currency markets....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Jump to:
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: