Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

so long, old friend.
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SplitBusChick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

so long, old freind. ill miss you. you were my first bus, and my first VW, and my first car that was mine. i remember when i first saw you in that front yard, a littly dusty, a little dirty. i bought you the next moring and it was love at first sight. i fixed you, i drove you, i camped out, i took you to shows. the few times you broke down you broke down in a VW shops parking lot or in a vw persons driveway. dont forget me, i wont forget you. i hope your new home in england is a loving one.
youll always be my first vw, hawaiin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

Is the the bus you were planning to live in?
Let's see some going-away photos!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

When I sold my first car (it wasn't a VW, it was a tiny Datsun 1600) I felt the same way. The girl I sold it to thought I was nuts telling her to take real good care of it. I really liked your post, SplitBusChick.
javabug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

I still have a hard time seeing my VWs leave home. Its ok, sometimes they have to take separate paths in life...gives you the room to make new VW friends.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard
Nigerian Scammer Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

VW's are like children, you spend half your life trying to protect them from harm, and the other half contemplating killing them. The moral to the story....Sell them before you get emotionally attached and you will save a whole lot of money
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

may there be many others in your future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SplitBusChick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

naw, she wasnt the one i was planning to live in. but for the amount of time ive spent with her over the years, i might as well had. she was the best darned bus i ever did see. mayb enot the shiniest, or the quietest, or the comfiest, bud goshderndit, i love her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalNick
Ain't yo baby daddy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

preech on sista!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bubblehead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

vwyarbroughworldnet.att.net said...

Sell them before you get emotionally attached and you will save a whole lot of money(3/18/2003 at 5:10PM PST

Did you mean the VWs or the kids?Wink
justbuggin
Resident Brit

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

SplitBusChick, I'll keep an eye open for her while she's over here in the UK. I'll post a pic of every bus I see ;o)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
justbuggin
Resident Brit

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

LOL vwyarbrough. I got a new spraygun for my eldest kid. Not a bad trade, huh? ;o)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard
Nigerian Scammer Trainee

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: so long, old friend. Reply with quote

Bubblehead,

Sell the kids, ya can allways make more. VW's however can be a little more difficult to aquire....

justbuggin,
If it was a HVLP gun....good score Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: