Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bulli Brigade 17 Nov. 13, 2010. Ft. Desoto State Park, FL
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
scvw wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
dirtylawnchair wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
driving at 48 miles an hour

You serious??
Have a safe trip and we will see you here in B-Town Thursday or Friday.

ok ok, I exaggerated a little, I'm gonna be blazing at about 50 to52 miles an hour.

Come on now. I can get a few more mph out of mine then that. Laughing Todd is right though, it is an enjoyable ride.

Alright then 55MPH! but I'm not going any higher than that.
And I would agree with anyone that would say it, It really is an enjoyable ride.

no matter how fast you drive your bus, your average speed is going to be below 40mph. trust me.

my advice is don't pack too much stuff in your bus. you will need room for atleast one trophy on the ride home.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpribanic wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
All kidding aside, I've gotten used to driving it between 50 and 55, anything above that I feel like I'm pushing it, It might just be me, 2 1/2 10 hour days driving and I'm there. I just have to time it right to meet Leana somewhere in SC or GA Wednesday night.

Savannah's airport is right off of the I95. It is essentially just over the Georgia border from South Carolina. There is always Jacksonville too. Jax airport is about 150 miles farther south than Savannah.

I've been working on this since you posted this earlier,
To fly to Savannah from any of the NY metropolitan area airports one way is a little over $500, same fly to Florence South Carolina 180 miles north of Savannah is only $90, so Florence SC it is.
This actually buys me time to drive even slower now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
scvw wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
dirtylawnchair wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
driving at 48 miles an hour

You serious??
Have a safe trip and we will see you here in B-Town Thursday or Friday.

ok ok, I exaggerated a little, I'm gonna be blazing at about 50 to52 miles an hour.

Come on now. I can get a few more mph out of mine then that. Laughing Todd is right though, it is an enjoyable ride.

Alright then 55MPH! but I'm not going any higher than that.
And I would agree with anyone that would say it, It really is an enjoyable ride.

no matter how fast you drive your bus, your average speed is going to be below 40mph. trust me.

my advice is don't pack too much stuff in your bus. you will need room for atleast one trophy on the ride home.

that's where my original 48 mph calculation came from
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWmanneke wrote:
R there any dash plaques being made for BB?Stevo

No, not this year. There are free window decals though when you enter Bulli Brigade in your Splitty.

VWmanneke wrote:
What time the gates open?

Thanks,

Stevo

According to the paperwork I received the park gates open at 7am. Not sure if this is accurate and correct though. We will see how things go to determine when to start letting people into the event area. It should be no later than 8am, however with a new location we are not certain.

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:

not if this little guy shows up there, no one will win anything, last week he cleaned house at transporterfest
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
mpribanic wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
All kidding aside, I've gotten used to driving it between 50 and 55, anything above that I feel like I'm pushing it, It might just be me, 2 1/2 10 hour days driving and I'm there. I just have to time it right to meet Leana somewhere in SC or GA Wednesday night.

Savannah's airport is right off of the I95. It is essentially just over the Georgia border from South Carolina. There is always Jacksonville too. Jax airport is about 150 miles farther south than Savannah.

To fly to Savannah from any of the NY metropolitan area airports one way is a little over $500, same fly to Florence South Carolina 180 miles north of Savannah is only $90, so Florence SC it is.

Does this mean we can meet up and cruise down together? If things go as planned there will be another 36er riding along. One of those big decklid buses.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
UZI wrote:
i can't make the drive this year. i have something that i am committed to do on nov. 11, postponed from oct. 22 when i will be heading out to OCTO Smile

if you're flying and you need someone to pick you up from the airport let me know.

I might be flying in for the weekend.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
UZI wrote:
i can't make the drive this year. i have something that i am committed to do on nov. 11, postponed from oct. 22 when i will be heading out to OCTO Smile

if you're flying and you need someone to pick you up from the airport let me know.

I might be flying in for the weekend.

You got my number big boy!
Jeff Power
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Manny are you driving this bus? I've been wanting to take a closer look at it.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=945954

Check out my basses here www.ellabasses.com

jerry wrote:

Nothing says "I love busses" more than picking up a mouse turd filled with horse hair seat padding
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davebuckholts wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Just got approved for my time off. I'm going to BB this year. Cool

In a bus??? Laughing

Not committing to anything. Laughing
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Power wrote:
Hey Manny are you driving this bus? I've been wanting to take a closer look at it.

no, that one's staying home. I'm driving the other panel
Jeff Power
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
Jeff Power wrote:

Oh well. Have a safe trip.

Check out my basses here www.ellabasses.com

jerry wrote:

Nothing says "I love busses" more than picking up a mouse turd filled with horse hair seat padding
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Power wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
Jeff Power wrote:

Oh well. Have a safe trip.

thanks Jeff, I appreciate that
FleecyVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scvw wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
mpribanic wrote:
mannys66 wrote:

Does this mean we can meet up and cruise down together? If things go as planned there will be another 36er riding along. One of those big decklid buses.

Well depending on what day/time ya'll make it to Florence. James and I might be able to join the group and cruise with ya'll.
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stomach is already twisting into knots thinking about the drive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doveblue3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
doveblue3 wrote:
Form those going to Social D on Friday night, there are suites available for about $400, which includes several drinks. They need a group of ten minimum and twenty maximum to book it. Do the math to see that 20 is to our benefit. I think it would be pretty cool to kind of have the BB weekend group all together in one spot at the show. Go to www.jannuslive.com to see details on the suites.

If there is any interest in this, please post here and I will look further into it. I can say right now I don't want to get into any sort of scenario where Internet promises are made and someone is left holding the bag for this thing if people change their mind. It would likely be a "pay now" thing.
Yo Chris, i have 4 more of us in on that deal!

Me, Chadd with 2 and Bubba with 4 yields a total of 7. Conrad makes 8. Looking for a few more? Conrad is trying to get a few as well. Jsut to be clear, that means an additional $40 per if its only 10. I will post again if I get any updates locally. Show is effectively sold out, by the way.

I will be headed to Fort DeSoto afterwards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
My stomach is already twisting into knots thinking about the drive.
Nick, this time stay away from truck stop dinners and lot lizards. Sick
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
vwcadets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: who loves buses say AHHH! Reply with quote

OK who loves buses say AHHH!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
...I DO! Dancing

The wife and I drive a 2001 Cabriolet!...SOLD the bus:(
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sromascan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: bulli birgade 17 Reply with quote

Very Happy hi is there any one from chicago cruising to bulli birgaded17. any one out there intrested in cruising girl /guy what route would u take email me thanks steve . i have 59 db cab . Question
sromascan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade 17 Reply with quote

is there any one outhere from chicago go to bulli brigade 17 and need a tag a long girl /guy .59 db cab thanks steve email me
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 46

Jump to: