Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can't find a stock oil pressure sender
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Can't find a stock oil pressure sender Reply with quote

Like the title says, I can't find one. I've checked with bustedbus, busdepot, and a few others and can't seem to find one. All I can find are the dual post senders. Anyone have a source for a stock part?
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ned
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a upright engine try www.smallcarconnection.com 760 244 9811 Hesperia ca.
1975 Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.germansupply.com/home/customer/product.php?productid=17033&cat=&page=1

“He’s decieving you boy! Reach into his pocket and take what he’s got.” Mr. Crabbs.

75 Westy auto
03 Jetta TDI
71 SB
74 Westy
Licensed pilot (single engine land VFR)
--
Rust In Pieces: 72 Bug, 73 Bug, 81 Rabbit LS D 2D, 83 Rabbit D 2D, 84 Jetta TD GL, 85 Jetta D, 68 Z28 RS 302, 91 Passat 16v
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-parts/oil-pressure-sender/oil-pressure-sender-021919081-b

http://www.chircoestore.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=165_172_179

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=nmiezrbdkdw1k1uqhs42k255&pn=W0133-1836418

But you missed this one- http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=021919081B

Or about a hundred other parts suppliers since it is a very common part on all kinds of VW's. Or Google the part number for even more
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chance that the first FLAPS you drive by will have one.
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy original German or don't bother.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoody wrote:

Didn't know that the original German was all that good, this certainly hasn't been my experience. Seems like the original German ones were only good for around two years or 40K miles before they started spewing oil everywhere, while the generic ones that I have used to replace them have lasted for many times as long.
moxnix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I bought the one from German Supply a couple years back when I was going after various oil leaks.
Happy to report it hasnt leaked AT ALL - the FLAPS cheapies always did
RatCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
Hoody wrote:

Didn't know that the original German was all that good, this certainly hasn't been my experience. Seems like the original German ones were only good for around two years or 40K miles before they started spewing oil everywhere, while the generic ones that I have used to replace them have lasted for many times as long.

Agreed. The originals love turning into oil squirters, sometimes going short circuit in the process causing a heart attack.

I think I used VDO replacements which haven't failed me yet.
chimneyfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatCamper wrote:
Agreed. The originals love turning into oil squirters, sometimes going short circuit in the process causing a heart attack.

Another good reason to add an aftermarket oil pressure gauge to the instruments in the cab, at least then the idiot light will only cause heart palpitations, only when you glance down to the gauge and discover the worst will you then progress to full cardiac arrest.

Fitting a gauge is on my list of jobs to do in the winter. I also carry a spare sender just in case in my parts box.
1972 T2 Camper (Devon), 1988 Golf, 1972 Type 1, 1984 Polo, 1972 T2 Camper (Danbury)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: