Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karl von Salzen's stash
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
Pat,
Thanks for the back up, and the dead-on accurate description of the mass of parts. You're right, it was all about helping people, not about a capitalist business endeavor.

Carry on guys, you're doing great. And the situation has been causing me to evaluate my little tiny stash of junk and parts, and treasures. And thinking about what my son might be faced with when the time comes. He's not into Dubs so it will all be considered as trash which much of it is but I'm not about to get rid of anything now since they possible will be needed down the road.
When contacting Karl about parts it was usually about the wierd difficult parts that pretty much only he knew about. Such as the plastic spring holder on the brake pedal pivot. Not only did he know about the part he had one in his container. I'd think that 98% of bus folks don't even know that part exists. No wrecking yard is going to tear a bus apart to try and pull one out. Unfortunatly there will have to be little parts like that go to the landfill. I commend you guys for the way you are handling this task and trust that it will be rewarding in a variety of ways.
discgolf9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Coming back at me with defensively, and peppering it with insults, in response to me telling you you made me laugh, was out of line. I don't care if you knew my father or not, reign it in and show me some basic courtesy. If you cannot, skip my threads.

Amen. Leave it to that douche to bring doucheness into an otherwise very undouchey thread.
vw76westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the situation has been causing me to evaluate my little tiny stash of junk and parts, and treasures. And thinking about what my son might be faced with when the time comes. He's not into Dubs so it will all be considered as trash which much of it is but I'm not about to get rid of anything now since they possible will be needed down the road.

while talking to my wife about all these parts
& fantasizing about finding a speedo with a trip in all those parts (hint,hint)

the subject did come up in my house about what to do with my buses
& collection of parts in the event that something happened

quote from bay window bus buyers guide........
The Type 4 engine is considered by many to be VW's finest air-cooled motor,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck!

Last edited by Hoody on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: People think before you type.. Reply with quote

People, think about what you're saying and what people are trying to do.

If you've got nothing positive or useful to add then don't.
Its a thread about a pile of parts, not about personalities or people.

Nick
78Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow theres alot of a-holes stepping up in this thread..too funny
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
patayres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all just try to move on and keep this thread on track Very Happy

So far I've got 2 or 3 guys offering help in November... could probably use one or two more, so please speak up if interested.

Quote:
the subject did come up in my house about what to do with my buses
& collection of parts in the event that something happened

Here as well. I've started flying again (thank you post-911 GI Bill!) & this process is certainly a reminder of what we leave behind. Suppose part of my involvement motivation is that someone will help my family with these matters when I'm gone.

yuthi'so'coro
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're serious about wanting things, please sent a PM. I have a list of who needs what, things to look for, and if I don't have a PM from you, I wont know where to find your note. I saw one comment about a table, another about a speedometer, another about a clock, I think...if I see them in the thread, I consider them idle comments and disregard them, just so you know. Wink

I'm delighted to hear that few of you are reevaluating things. Mom and Dad are (were) both collectors. My biggest nightmare has been that they would die together somehow, leaving me to deal with all of it at once. I am blessed it has staggered; losing one parent is bad enough. However, having to deal with the other, in regards to the stuff left behind, is awful. I hear this at least twice a month: "I told your father he should get rid of all this before we left California because it would all rust in Oregon and he was too sick to deal with it anyway." Then, I get to hear about how she hates buses because they took over her life. I'm not going to say more, because I'm not the type to air dirty laundry, but I think I said enough to get my point across. Life is short, take care of things, and have a plan, if possible...please!! Wink
ruckman101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vacation request has been approved, barring unforseen circumstances, I plan to make it down the weekend of November 13. Looking forward to it.

neal
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Neal. Wink

ruckman101 wrote:
My vacation request has been approved, barring unforseen circumstances, I plan to make it down the weekend of November 13. Looking forward to it.

neal

Liveonjg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruckman101 wrote:

neal

See you there Neal.

-John

77 FI 2L Westfalia - Ripple
77 FI 2L Westfalia - Althea
62 Dual Carb Single Cab - Lou
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
Yes. All the buses Pat posted pictures of, except for the beige '79, are for sale.

notchboy wrote:
So will the buses be for sale or what?

You let me know girl! I may be throught there sooner than later. If the Kent Valley up in Seattle pops and floods, Ill be there as soon as Dec-Jan and would make time to close something with you and take a CHUNK off your hands.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

You let me know girl! I may be throught there sooner than later. If the Kent Valley up in Seattle pops and floods, Ill be there as soon as Dec-Jan and would make time to close something with you and take a CHUNK off your hands.

Sure. But I'm not holding anything. Your estimate is 2-3 months from now. So, you let me know, okay? Wink
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Sure. But I'm not holding anything. Your estimate is 2-3 months from now. So, you let me know, okay? Wink

Ill keep in touch.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weekend is nearly upon us. How many people do I need to plan to feed? Wink
ruckman101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed, as long as I can get my generator issues resolved, otherwise I'll need a place to crash if we end up taking the ghia. We as in Cheryle and I. And the address.

neal
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neal!

Our house is very small but it's on nearly a full acre. There is plenty of space for a few buses/campers but that's all I can offer.

ruckman101 wrote:
Fingers crossed, as long as I can get my generator issues resolved, otherwise I'll need a place to crash if we end up taking the ghia. We as in Cheryle and I. And the address.

neal

Sugarbear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O i just read this form, you are sitting on a gold mine! make a online store here and im sure you will be set for a long time financially Smile

ps: Im super sad i just moved from Eugene down here to Florida for a year and half. I hope you guys are taking advantage of the fun! Country fair, Eugene celebration, sasquatch brew fest well ya get the idea! keep it green up there !! and the bug run to wood burn in may!

~72 9 passenger bus
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
I'm delighted to hear that few of you are reevaluating things. Mom and Dad are (were) both collectors. My biggest nightmare has been that they would die together somehow, leaving me to deal with all of it at once. I am blessed it has staggered; losing one parent is bad enough. However, having to deal with the other, in regards to the stuff left behind, is awful. I hear this at least twice a month: "I told your father he should get rid of all this before we left California because it would all rust in Oregon and he was too sick to deal with it anyway."

You seem to be dealing with this the right way for now. But if lightening your burden is more a priority than making money you may want to get out of selling individual parts in the future and try to sell in bulk to swap meet types. Dealing with this stuff is no fun unless you are really passionate about it. You could be a wholesaler for someone who is.

You won't be able to squeeze every last dime out of the parts but you could relieve yourself of much of the headache and the parts would still find their way into the vw community.

Best wishes whatever you do.
...If If stoner A takes a hit and then stoner B goes right away(not waiting two seconds), he's trying to suck on it while it's still got a vaccum, doesen't get much of a hit at all! Cause it hasn't filled back up all the way yet.

Stoner A is cylinders #2/4 B is #1/3 The plugged bowl is the throttle, the bong is the manifold
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole topic has already been there-done that, and over and over. And then over a few more times in the last year.

There recently has been a good plan in process. It took a long time to get there. Now it just needs to get done. Where's Pat? We havn't heard updates in a while. Hope the weekend goes well Michelle.
It's too far to drive and to costly to fly otherwise I'd be on the food list.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: