Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

OE VeeDub - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being in the same business as Richard I have the up most respect for him and his business and refer customers to him on a daily basis, which I wouldn't do if I felt a customer wouldn't be satisfied with his service and/or product.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hawaii five-o
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very satisfied with the items I purchased from OE Vee Dub. Richard was willing to offer shipping alternative (USPS) to Hawaii. I just wish he had more Split items! Wink
Quality stuff!

Thanks & ALOHA!
TailTip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called Richard and ordered running boards and was told that when they ship out that he would send me a tracking number. A little over a week later we still haven't recieved a tracking number but low and behold, our running boards we ordered was at our front door. Richard was a pleasure to deal with and we would most definately order from OEVEEDUB in the near future.

Mahalos to Richard and the staff at OEVEEDUB!!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to thank Richard - he has the greatest seals in the world. We have bought quite a bit from him and have been very happy.
BWD
Samba Mailman

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first order with OE VeeDub was flawless! Had the parts within days, I even got a couple of e-mails and a tracking number!
I'll buy from these guy's again! Very Happy
member #2850
1966 Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect...Received my door rubber kit in three days. Thanks Richard Very Happy
tubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought some window seals from him today at the sacramento bug o rama. nice guy and very helpful with some questions i had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mariusstrom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, oh, man. The posts here are all glowing reviews, and I wish my experience matched this. I've had nothing but dead air when trying to get info on an order I placed.

After trying to get window top/rear felt for my Vanagon from Bus Depot and they were backordered, I decided to order them from OEVD on 5/28/2010, as well as a few other miscellaneous parts.

I quickly got an automated mail acknowledging my order, and a few days went by. I emailed them on 6/3/10 asking what the status was, and got a response on 6/4/10 commenting that they "hopefully today or Monday" my order would be shipped. Back to silence. I emailed them on 6/8/10 asking for another update, without a response. Have emailed them again this evening asking if anything is backordered, but not really having high hopes anymore. Crying or Very sad

I'm almost at the point of calling my credit card company to dispute the charge, but I'm in dire need of the top/rear felt for my Vanagon which is leaking. Neutral
Richard Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Marius,
Sorry to hear about your experience with OE VeeDub. I've checked into your order and all I can say is Sorry!
Everything you said checks out at our end. The only mitigating circumstances I can offer is that your order was placed on the Friday before Memorial Day, so it wasn't looked at until June 1. I was away that week at the Sacramento Bug In. Paul had left to join the US Army the preceding Friday and our new girl, Shelley, had only worked here for three days when your order arrived. If we were a large corporation staff changes wouldn't be such a big deal, but we are a team of 4 people.
I'm glad to see that your order was delivered on June 17. Your credit card was not charged until the order shipped on June 14 as the secure website only records the order, it does not charge your card.
I'm pleased to see that we had the scrapers in stock (Genuine VW German) and we are also cheaper than Bus Depot.
With apologies
Richard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Davies wrote:
Very Happy Hi Marius,
Sorry to hear about your experience with OE VeeDub. I've checked into your order and all I can say is Sorry!
Everything you said checks out at our end. The only mitigating circumstances I can offer is that your order was placed on the Friday before Memorial Day, so it wasn't looked at until June 1. I was away that week at the Sacramento Bug In. Paul had left to join the US Army the preceding Friday and our new girl, Shelley, had only worked here for three days when your order arrived. If we were a large corporation staff changes wouldn't be such a big deal, but we are a team of 4 people.
I'm glad to see that your order was delivered on June 17. Your credit card was not charged until the order shipped on June 14 as the secure website only records the order, it does not charge your card.
I'm pleased to see that we had the scrapers in stock (Genuine VW German) and we are also cheaper than Bus Depot.
With apologies
Richard

As usual Mr. Davies proves himself to be a class act. Very Happy
fazool666
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So last week I went to order inner wheel bearings for my 63 and W.W. was out of stock along with numerous other companies. I saw the banner ad here and decided to give a call. Not only was the sales person VERY courteous and willing to answer my questions without ANY fuss, but they had the correct bearings in stock that I needed. Shipped on Thursday and arrived today in perfect condition.

Will DEFINITELY be using them again in the future!
metahacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 out of 10.

cheerful, friendly, accommodating, polite, wonderful all around people.

in my experience, excellent quality parts and service in handling my orders.

you can tell that they are a small company focused on quality.
birddog1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been buying from OE Vee Dub for many years. They are the first place I check for parts. I've never had an issue with quality, shipping or with them misrepresenting what they are selling.

I wish all ACVW parts dealers were as reliable

Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first order with OE Veedub went very smoothly and I had my parts in short order. It was pretty big and assorted stuff.

Very nice quality, and good service.

I will be back!
MrVWGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a front bulkhead cover plate & a seal for the same cover. The cover plate itself was perfect. The "seal" was a joke. (it's the white one on the right) It looked like trash that somebody said "hey, I think you could trim a seal out of this piece of trash" and then shipped it to me. They even wrote on it "seal. cut to fit" as if to acknowledge that it could be confused for trash. It was foam with adhesive on one side. Last I checked, foam doesn't seal very well. I had to go elsewhere to acquire a usable seal. Wolfsburg West shipped me a perfect seal, already "cut to fit" and made from rubber, not sticky-backed foam. (that's it on the left) I know where I'll be ordering all my parts from from now on.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'76 Westfalia camper, the wife's
Richard Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Bulkhead Seal Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Mr VW Guy,

Sorry, I don't know how you received that seal. We are out of the bulkhead seal right now. The seal in the photograph is the foam seal for the front turn signal unit to the metal on a 1973-79 Bus! We buy some items from WW and they buy some stuff from us. It's ironic that the foam seal in your photograph actually came from Wolfsburg West! Their Part Number is 211 953 165D.

Next time you might want to send us a picture of what you received or contact us instead of rushing to the Samba. If you send us your name and Invoice number we would be happy to credit the Bus seal either to your CC or to Paypal.

Best Regartds
Richard

MrVWGuy wrote:
I ordered a front bulkhead cover plate & a seal for the same cover. The cover plate itself was perfect. The "seal" was a joke. (it's the white one on the right) It looked like trash that somebody said "hey, I think you could trim a seal out of this piece of trash" and then shipped it to me. They even wrote on it "seal. cut to fit" as if to acknowledge that it could be confused for trash. It was foam with adhesive on one side. Last I checked, foam doesn't seal very well. I had to go elsewhere to acquire a usable seal. Wolfsburg West shipped me a perfect seal, already "cut to fit" and made from rubber, not sticky-backed foam. (that's it on the left) I know where I'll be ordering all my parts from from now on.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Very Happy
MrVWGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't "rush" to the samba. I ordered the part in April. I'm very happy to have a genuine inspection cover from you guys. Excellent quality. I was shipped that "seal" as part# 113-701-571A. The fact that it says "cut to fit" obviously shows that it was not a mistake.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrVWGuy wrote:
I didn't "rush" to the samba. I ordered the part in April. I'm very happy to have a genuine inspection cover from you guys. Excellent quality. I was shipped that "seal" as part# 113-701-571A. The fact that it says "cut to fit" obviously shows that it was not a mistake.

By all appearances, it looks like you came here first to complain rather than bringing it to the vendor's attention in order to give him the opportunity to rectify the issue.
Richard Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Again Mr VW Guy,
I've been in the VW parts business since 1978 and have been driving Bugs, Thing and Buses since 1974. I can assure you the part in the picture is 211 953 165D Bus Turn Signal Seal sent to you in error. It says cut because you trim the center for the wiring. If you don't beleive me order one from WW. I'm pleased you liked the Genuine Cover plate and hope you liked any other parts we keep. If we find an item is inferior quality we simply delete it from our range. We would still be happy to refund the cost of the incorrect seal. Very Happy
Have a Nice Sunday.
Richard Very Happy

MrVWGuy wrote:
MrVWGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: I stand corrected Reply with quote

Richard,
I owe you & OE Vee Dub an apology. Obviously I was unhappy with the product sent to me, but I should have contacted you guys first. I shouldn't have posted feedback without first giving you guys the opportunity to correct it, and for that I apologize.
As far as the refund goes, I think I'll just hold on to the seal, my wife keeps saying she wants a bus, maybe it will come in handy some day. Wink
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: