Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Foggy glasses?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Foggy glasses? Reply with quote

Hi guys, what do the glasses wearers do to keep overspray off your glasses without them fogging up?

Using a junk set of glasses is not an option. My prescription is very strong and they are not cheap. A full fresh air supply system is pretty pricy too, is this the only option?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try some RainEx on them.
I've also heard a thin film of dish soap will also work. Don't rinse off the soap, just wipe until clear with a soap towel.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eshan2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just clean any overspray off my lenses with Acetone or Lacquer thinner as needed.
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think because they are not actually made out of glass, I've been hesitant to put any chemical cleaners on them. I'd rather just not let the stuff get on them in the first place.

Rain-x makes, or used to make Fog-x. Maybe that will work better. I need a new respirator anyway, so I might as well get a full face one. Any other tips that dont require chemicals on the glasses?

New glasses have pretty varied materials in them. My frames are powdercoated titanium ones that flex and bend like crazy and return to shape with transitions lenses, scratch coatings, etc. What might be ok on one persons glasses might screw mine up
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not buy a pair of goggles to wear over your glasses?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goggles trap humidity from sweat, even when they have vent holes in them.
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just get a full face mask. You'll be glad you did when you have to spray into an inside curve and the shit all comes back in your face.
eshan2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call the eye doctors office and ask.I was told over 20 years ago by a guy in the business that acetone was his cleaning agent of choice.Ive had numerous pairs of glasses since and used it on all of them.Granted I don't have transition lenses I won't pay what they want for em. The Optometrist can make a suggestion.
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planned on going to get a full face mask, but a buddy of mine says his still fogs his glasses. I'm thinking the mouth and nose piece might not have sealed his breathing inside of it very well?

I already have some overspray on my glasses so I'll try acetone on them and get my own full face that fits nice and tight around my mouth
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: