Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

zdexman - [email protected] / [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: zdexman
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 04, 2024
bubbakirbysrodshop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: zdexman - [email protected] / [email protected] Reply with quote

Being new to SAMBA I was glad to find someone in my area to deal with. I traded cars w/ Dexter and found him to be fair and honest. I look forward to buying/trading with him in the future.
SuperSnail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my bug from Dexter, and he couldn't be any easier to deal with!
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought windshield assembly from a wrecked dune buggy from Dexter & sent Paypal payment April 3rd - Dexter worked on getting shipping estimate to get the windshield from Tenn to NC; discovered that cost would be @ $155 dollars through UPS Store. I suggested that he go to US Postal service & he informed me that he planned to go to Post Office week of April 19th... no word back from Dexter on shipping estimate at any time during the week, but he did unexpectedly refund my Paypal payment today, April 24th... without notifying me of shipping issue. Dune buggy that was for sale in ad on the Samba was still posted yesterday, but ad removed this morning?

Did he sell the entire buggy to someone else?

I will give him credit for this refund, but no points for communication on shipping issue.

bnc
shelauto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Not a reliable person Reply with quote

WARNING do not have any dealings with Trader Auto Sales!! I sent him a $300.00 check to hold a vehicle for 5 days until I could get there on the weekend to view it, he told me the vehicle was in good condition, camp ready etc, upon viewing it it was nothing like he said there was NO way you could even think about camping in it. Let me put it this way the vehicle he described to me was not the same vehicle I viewed! When I told him I was not intrested in going through with the purchase and asked for my deposit back he refused to refund it to me. He said and I quote him "if I gave back everybodys refund I'd be broke" so this tells you what kind of a person he is! Take it from some who was taken by this guy do you can not trust him!!!
zdexman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Deposits Reply with quote

Ok Now its my turn if any person has a question on how my descriptions work then you may want to read all my ads. i am actually really honest and "downtalk" my cars lots! The man username "shelauto" is an EBAY buyer that wants to breeze in and buy vintage VWs just to wash and wax then and stick em on ebay for resale. He called me and said my price was sooo fair that he "knew" VWs and "knew" what he could resell them for and wanted to know what he could do to secure the van so no one else could get it. I told him put a deposit on it and I will set in "pending" status just like I always do. When he showed up he nit picked the van to DEATH!! wanting a cheaper price. And when I wouldn't come down A GRAND!! he said he didnt want it and wanted his money back. Folks lets look up "deposit" in the good ol websters. No I did not refund him nor will I anyone whom I offer my phone number...details...pics and any other questions answered. Sorry yes im in biz and plan to stay that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ShadyOne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I don't want to stir up any drama but give honest feedback. I went to look at a baja this seller had and drove 200 miles to do so...It was said to be in VERY GOOD condition. With paint "too nice to scratch" I sold a 68 myself in the last week which was fair to rough and was in far better shape. Not a panel on this car was in good shape.. The floors were GONE. With aluminum self tapped to the rust wholes that were once the floor....

The paint, was far from decent..much less good.

Just want to warn anyone else before they make a trip to buy something this seller is offering. Whats in "very good " shape to him may very well be a parts car to you.
zdexman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said my car was perfect just too nice to beat the crap out of. My ads are always honest and it seems the "buyers" and i use that term loose get upset if things just don't go there way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ksj138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: New Feedback Reply with quote

Let me start by saying that I traded my bus for a '66 beetle and I made the 10 hour trip from Dexter's shop in Tennessee back to Norfolk just fine. The beetle ran like a champ and I'm enjoying 31 mpg!

When leaving Dexter's shop, I made the crucial mistake of not paying attention to the position of the key and drove off with the STARTER ENGAGED. It locked up on me less than a mile down the road, so I push started it and drove back to Dexter's. He gladly hooked me up with another starter (the last auto beetle starter he had) and sent me on my way. The only issue that I noticed was that the front end needs some work (steering is loose).

I realize that perhaps not a lot of work was put into this vehicle at his shop, but I felt that I have made an even trade. I would recommend Dexter's shop for anyone that is an informed buyer.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shelauto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Deposits Reply with quote

zdexman wrote:
Ok Now its my turn if any person has a question on how my descriptions work then you may want to read all my ads. i am actually really honest and "downtalk" my cars lots! The man username "shelauto" is an EBAY buyer that wants to breeze in and buy vintage VWs just to wash and wax then and stick em on ebay for resale. He called me and said my price was sooo fair that he "knew" VWs and "knew" what he could resell them for and wanted to know what he could do to secure the van so no one else could get it. I told him put a deposit on it and I will set in "pending" status just like I always do. When he showed up he nit picked the van to DEATH!! wanting a cheaper price. And when I wouldn't come down A GRAND!! he said he didnt want it and wanted his money back. Folks lets look up "deposit" in the good ol websters. No I did not refund him nor will I anyone whom I offer my phone number...details...pics and any other questions answered. Sorry yes im in biz and plan to stay that way.

AND now it is my turn~I do not appreciate what you are saying in your feedback I did not ask you to come down a grand and I didn't have to nit picked the bus when I first laid eyes on it I was confused because that was not the bus you described to me in our phone conversations you said "it was in very good condition" and it was far from that more like POOR condition. I am in NO way a Ebay hack like you said and by the way the word HACK was removed from your post beacuase I reported it! I buy the vehicles and restore them from ground up you do not know me so you are not aware of all the time and money I put into my restoration. At least at night I can sleep with a clear conscious something you don't have!!!
zdexman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Its funny the people that relpy to this thread have 0 or next to NO dealings on the samba....members with no history, no nothing. They join the samba just to stir up trouble. Please return to ebay and other sites that appeal to NON VW people....I sleep very well and have lots of happy customers been here 11 years.
draginwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought dexter was an honest seller.I went to look at a 62 and it was way to rough for me but he had another 62 that i liked and was decent for the price.I put a deposit on it and backed out to get a local 62 for double the price but no rust.

All in all if i am looking for a car ill check his ads before i scroll through all of the others.

Yellowbeard wrote:
I hate people who quote other people...

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Happy Buyer Reply with quote

Description was very good. Provided all the additional photos I asked for. Good communication through out thought process of deciding to buy. Will keep an eye on his other stuff.

Sold........71 body only.
phantomlimb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a 73 super beetle from Dexter, drove from michigan to get it. everything was just as he stated was happy to answer questions and even hooked me up with a "new" driver side door for a fair price. I have no problem doing business with him again.
joe71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchases from Zdexman. I found him to be an honest seller and he replied quickly. Items were delivered in the condition as described.
xaquinn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Happy Customer Reply with quote

Bought a Red Baron Shift knob from the Samba classifieds. Zdexman was fast in replying, along with shipment and relaying shipping details. Product was in exact condition described and pictured.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: