Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

icemanhd - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: icemanhd
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
63KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: icemanhd - [email protected] Reply with quote

Keith is great to deal with. I recently purchase several parts from him and was well pleased with his communication, follow-through, and item quality. He even made special arrangements to get the parts to me. Highly recommend.
poppivee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Feedback for Keith Branch Reply with quote

Keith is the rare individual who knows his stuff, is insanely fair and just about the nicest VW enthusiast you could ever have the pleasure of meeting. Highly recommended for everything and anything. Thanx Keith!!!!! Cool
alansvwTwinCab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: icemanhd - [email protected] Reply with quote

We bought a turbo engine from Keith and he gave us more help than he needed to do. He arranged the shipping and packaging to Australia and even had some parts powder coated. It was a pleasure to deal with Keith.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bug farm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: feed back for carb Reply with quote

Keith, was great to deal with. I bought a 45 dral carb and in take. Carb was great shipping was super fast. Thanks Brian
wardvwracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: THanks Keith! Reply with quote

Purchased something from Keith and I'm very pleased. Very informative and helpful. Great communication. Cool guy! Cool
1969 Beetle Convertible
63 11-Window Kombi Bus
Cornpanzers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldschool21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought two 48DRLA from Keith, carbs are in good shape and I am happy! Good communication and no problem with the shipping to the france!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought an interior for a '67 deluxe bus from Keith. He went way out of his way to remove all the items and carefully wrapped them and shipped them out. When he found out the shipping was less than what he was quoted he refunded me which he really didn't have to do. A super great guy to do business with.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
hughesracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith was able to sell me a very nice set of heads at an great price! Fast shipping and very knowledgeable.
chris romney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Doing business with keith Reply with quote

I just bought some Weber 44's from Keith. It was a pleasure dealing with him. Reasonable price, the carbs were as advertised and no problems. I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

Chris
167luckycharm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered Weber jets and nozzles from Keith. Great transaction and I'm happy with my purchase. Will buy more stuff again!
Aloha! John
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seem nice yes.. His standards are low and he doesn't deserve my time. I bought a case from him, he said it passed his test. It didn't pass mine. It was rotten around the oil drain plate, gonna have a hell of a time sealing.

IF THERE'S CASE ROT PUT IT IN THE DISCRIPTION!!!!

Oh yeah... When I asked about the rot (that wasn't in the discription), he said it wasn't structural and the machine shop passed it off. Thing is anyone with a set of eyes (plus the notes on the reciept) could see it's rotten. Also didn't have enough area to seal on so it doesn't dump oil. I had to build it up with putty. I took a 454 block to a local machinist, it prev sat with the heads off so the rings rusted to the cyls and it pulled out a chunk of the cyl wall. He tried to hone it out (bored .060 over already) but coudn't. Know what that machinist told me? "Oh it'll just burn a little oil, don't worry about it". luckly that time I had the money for a new block (bought one).

Good luck,
Greg
icemanhd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this response from ekacpuc, never received any e mail or feedback from regarding displeasure with the case. The case had some minor pitting/rot around the sump plate area (maybe 1/16 of an inch or .060 deep) but had gone to Oak Hill Automotive in Texas (very good reputation) for machining where they gave it a once over and clean bill of health. The pitting won't have any effect on the case sealing or strength, it was limited to the area above the sump plate.

The case arrived 5 weeks before your post but if you aren't happy with contact me regarding a return and refund.
76 912E
87 911 Carrera
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. What BS... I asked you as soon as the case arrived about the case rot (I live in ALASKA). You did give me that BS about it being not important...

You've learned a lesson and so have I (hope you did), if there's case rot or a defect and you KNOW about it put it in the discription.

I can copy and paste the e-mail I sent regarding the rot when it arrived.. I of course got everyones opinion (machinist too) about the case before I posted feedback. I got screwed.. At least I'm running with it.

I don't have the time to waste debating this. That's what feedback is for.. Maybe next time you'll put the defect in the discription. All I know is I won't purchase from you again.

Greg

Oh yeah! When it arrived it clearly said sump rot on your machine work reciept. You screwed me long before I purchased, you knew it was rotten but failed to put it in the discription. Then when you said it wasn't important (Oil leaking IS important) I knew you where a shady person and I got screwed after your response to my first e-mail regarding the rot.
icemanhd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did receive your e mail about the pitting/sump rot at the end of March and replied "It doesn’t affect anything, that’s a non structural part of the case and Oak Hill gave it a thorough once over (I sent them 3 cases and only 2 survived their inspection). You can put some RTV in it as a precaution"

After replying to 8 of your e mails over a 3 week period regarding purchase/shipping/tracking of the case you never replied to the e mail above, as far as I knew you were satisfied with the case. My offer from above to refund your money for the case still stands.
76 912E
87 911 Carrera
JuanDario
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Thanks Keith!! Reply with quote

Had the opportunity to buy some parts from Keith, great transaction, and sound advice and very fast shipping, I highly recommend him, and would buy from him again!!
jsulkvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased an engine case from Keith, and it has everything advertised. I'm extremely satisfied with the case, the price was definitely reasonable and he was very generous. I WILL buy from him again
mrbajadude
Samba Member

Location: Yerington, NV, home of the VORRA 300 mile off road race

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx to Keith to having some small Del Lorto parts, I can get mine back together and running again!

Ol' John
hbracerx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an air filter, some bearing and weber floats from Keith. Good price and he shipped them out almost imeediately. Got them super quick.

Thanks!!!

Tom
BIGAND
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasure to deal with Keith.
He arranged the shipping and packaging to FRANCE !

thank's

Eric
jpcox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've received today a package from Keith. The shipping to France was good. He is a good vendor, you can deal with him.

Thanks Wink

J-P
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: