Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dieselnut - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dieselnut
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 04, 2021
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Good communication just stopped Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:

My last communication from him was on November 27th. I have not been able to reach him by email since that date. He still owes me some parts, but I expect he'll come through eventually.

Same here.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with John Mileham lately?

I have sent dozens of emails, left a couple of phone messages, and have not been able to get a response.

In June, 2009 I bought a '58 Westfalia propane bottle and a '58 Westfalia fridge from him. I paid a large sum by USPS postal money order, and he shipped everything timely but never sent the "Silo" badge from the face of the refridgerator. He acknowledged that he still had it, and said he would box it up and ship it out to me shortly. As of now it has not been received.

In July, 2009, he agreed to sell me the "stove cabinet" out of a '58 subhatch he was selling. We agreed on a price of $500, plus I was supposed to send him the "stove potion" from another junk '58 cabinet I had. I shipped him the parts, and a postal money order and he never shipped the parts. I received infrequent communication from him through November of last year and that's where we've left off.

As of today, July 25th it has been a year since I paid and sent the parts to fufill my portion of the agreement.

I hope John is still healthy, he always seemed like a nice guy and I enjoyed reading about his bus trips and adventures, I would have never imagined that he would have kept me waiting for parts this long unless something had seriously gone wrong in his life. Has anyone head from him lately?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!

I received an update from John today. It sounds like he has fallen on some hard times over the past year and a half but is working quietly to resolve them.

It's good to know he's still out and about, even if he is laying ultra-low for a while.

No update on the parts, I'm certain they will show up at some point, I was more concerned about his health and well-being than the parts I had ordered anyway.....they will get here when they get here.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!

Got the fridge badge from John. It came well packed and as pictured.
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he still alive?

Please John, I appreciate you very much, at least write me an email ...
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perello wrote:
Is he still alive?

Please John, I appreciate you very much, at least write me an email ...

I have not heard from him either.

He shipped the bulk of my order last September (a westy stove cabinet), but when it arrived it was missing a bunch of hardware and fittings that were advertised to be included. I have sent a handful of email responses and left several voice mail messages and have not gotten any follow up from him.

I hope he is alright. I suspect he is struggling and has not had the chance to follow up with his obligations. I'm not all that worried about it, and hadn't thought about it for several months. I expect he will make good on it at some point.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: