Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

OE VeeDub - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: I stand corrected Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Mr VW Guy,
Thank you. I must apologize for being grumpy in my responses. As you can image we take Samba feedback very seriously; probably more so because we are a family company.
Richard
MrVWGuy wrote:
Richard,
I owe you & OE Vee Dub an apology. Obviously I was unhappy with the product sent to me, but I should have contacted you guys first. I shouldn't have posted feedback without first giving you guys the opportunity to correct it, and for that I apologize.
As far as the refund goes, I think I'll just hold on to the seal, my wife keeps saying she wants a bus, maybe it will come in handy some day. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrVWGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary, you were nothing but polite, for that I thank you.
'76 Westfalia camper, the wife's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NZWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received seals from oeveedub - 6 days from order to arriving at my door.

That is frankly incredible as I live on the other side of the world!

Everything is as ordered - will report on fit once I get them on.

Cheers
Richard
6sixTinBox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to quickly share my experience with Richard (oeveedub) with you all. Wow! Richard is an awewome person! He took the time out to personally answer all of my questions and concerns. He answered emails and phone calls after I would leave a message. If you are doubting doing business with oeveedub, think again. His customer service is awesome! Moreover, he took the wheels that I wanted to purchase to a USPS and got me an exact quote so that I could work out my budget. After I purchased the wheels, he packaged them up very nicely and they arrived to my FPO military address unharmed and let me not forget to mention that the wheel quality is top notch! Not too many businesses ship to FPO/APO military addresses, so I'm happy! Very Happy I am a more than satisfied customer and I look forward to future transactions with oeveedub. You can be assured that your hard earned money will also get you great friendly customer service and worth every penny. 100% satisfied. Here are my wheels:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It is what it is
Jeckler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll relate my experience and the lack of any response to the email sent to OEVeedub after receiving my order.
I ordered a presumed OE fuel pump for a 40hp with screw in fitting. Dumbass me, figured since the the fuel pump I had matched the picture of the fuel pump on OE's website that, hey, I might just get a fuel pump that matched what I had and of course, what was pictured on the website. I think I just repeated myself, but it makes sense.
This is what the pump looks like on OE site, and what mine looks like, taking into account it's 47 years old.

This is the pump I got, which is quite different.

The inlet tube is clocked to the right a bit, which required me to rebend the inlet pipe, and the outlet is straight up instead of sticking out the side. This required bending the outlet pipe, which now causes the throttle arm to hit it after 1/2 throttle, so I'll either have to rebend it again, or remove it all together and run hose all the way to the carb.
I sent OE an email the day I got it, and never heard anything back. That was just under 2 weeks ago.
The pump works fine, all I want to happen is the picture on the website to updated to reflect what the customer is really getting.
So be sure to ak if the part you are ordering is exactly as pictured.
bill may wrote:
I am the crabby old guy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.
Richard Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Early Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Hi,
We're sorry the picture isn't the same as the pump you received.
As soon as we get time we'll change it. We are a small company and don't have staff to look after these things when we are busy.
We can still get the pump in the picture but they cost $290.00 each! The one we sell works great and costs just $35.00.
As to lack of response we spoke on the phone and I told you to return the pump for full refund if you were not happy.

Best Regards

Richard Very Happy
Jeckler wrote:
I'll relate my experience and the lack of any response to the email sent to OEVeedub after receiving my order.
I ordered a presumed OE fuel pump for a 40hp with screw in fitting. Dumbass me, figured since the the fuel pump I had matched the picture of the fuel pump on OE's website that, hey, I might just get a fuel pump that matched what I had and of course, what was pictured on the website. I think I just repeated myself, but it makes sense.
This is what the pump looks like on OE site, and what mine looks like, taking into account it's 47 years old.

This is the pump I got, which is quite different.

The inlet tube is clocked to the right a bit, which required me to rebend the inlet pipe, and the outlet is straight up instead of sticking out the side. This required bending the outlet pipe, which now causes the throttle arm to hit it after 1/2 throttle, so I'll either have to rebend it again, or remove it all together and run hose all the way to the carb.
I sent OE an email the day I got it, and never heard anything back. That was just under 2 weeks ago.
The pump works fine, all I want to happen is the picture on the website to updated to reflect what the customer is really getting.
So be sure to ak if the part you are ordering is exactly as pictured.
runderwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time ordering from oeveedub and totally impressed.

I called with a question about the part I was ordering, and Richard went and pulled the part while I was on the phone and made sure my questions were answered. I called to place my order on friday midday, and told him I was looking to receive it quickly... he told me everything was in stock and he'd ship it that day. Parts were delivered monday (to Pennsylvania)! For a really reasonable cost! And everything looked like good quality german parts. Totally happy. Yeah, you know, I could have ordered the same part from cip1 for a little less, but they might not have even shipped it for a week, or probably would have charged a premium for the shipping, and customer service wouldn't have been anywhere near that of oeveedub.

Will I be ordering from oeveedub again? Absolutely.
Jeckler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Richard Davies wrote:
As to lack of response we spoke on the phone and I told you to return the pump for full refund if you were not happy.

Sorry, we've never spoken on the phone.
bill may wrote:
I am the crabby old guy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.
otokoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: bad experience Reply with quote

i ordered on line and paid shipping more than the parts but did not receive it for more than a week, tried calling several times and no answer, finally e mailed him and few days later the response was "we're in the process of moving, if I can wait for another week or so, if not i may cancel the order". I did cancel the ortder twice in a row to make sure he gets the message, one week after i received a message that i made some order from MidAmerica Motorworks, low and behold, the order I made from OE veeDub! whats going on with OE VEeDub? Now i have to refuse the delivery when it comes.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: bad experience Reply with quote

otokoto wrote:
i ordered on line and paid shipping more than the parts but did not receive it for more than a week, tried calling several times and no answer, finally e mailed him and few days later the response was "we're in the process of moving, if I can wait for another week or so, if not i may cancel the order". I did cancel the ortder twice in a row to make sure he gets the message, one week after i received a message that i made some order from MidAmerica Motorworks, low and behold, the order I made from OE veeDub! whats going on with OE VEeDub? Now i have to refuse the delivery when it comes.

read up:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453298

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid America Motorworks and OE VeeDub Reply with quote

Hi Guys and Ladies, Very Happy
It’s been interesting looking at the Samba comments on the Mid America purchase of OE VeeDub. I thought I’d let the dust settle before commenting.
Firstly I would like to thank all of our customers for your support the last 11 years.
The decision to sell OE VeeDub to Mid America Motorworks was not made lightly. It took place for a variety of reasons. As many of you already know I contracted Multiple Myeloma in 2004 resulting in two stem cell transplants and many years of treatment.. Keeping a small family business active while dealing with a chronic illness is not only very hard, but also downright risky.
Mike Yager and I talked on and off for a couple of years before we came to an agreement.
Mid America Motorworks is not a faceless corporation, it is a family owned and operated. The Yagers care about their employees and their customers. While Mid America Motorworks are bigger in the Corvette scene, they are also enthusiastic about the VW market.
I am working full time in Effingham, Illinois where we are introducing the OEM (OE VeeDub) products into the product line in order to let the customer choose which brand he would like for his restoration or repair; depending on the end result he or she is looking for, show quality or daily driver?
We do take note of the constructive comments on the Samba such as adding the Original part number alongside the Mid America Motorworks number. This has already been implemented in the sales office, and will be added to the website soon.
Alongside the merging of the products from Colorado I will be spending a great deal of time training the guys and gals here on VW products. I will be adding information to the website and helping with the ‘Patina Bug’ project.
There are sure to be some glitches, but I think the end result will be worthwhile as Mid America Motorworks will be in a position to offer a wide range of products with the knowledge and support required. The OE website will remain up for some months while we integrate the new products into the Mid America Motorworks site.
I will be attending the Mid America Motorworks Funfest June 3-5 where I will be talking about the different products available for Bug, Bus and Vanagon.
Meanwhile you can still contact me via e-mail at either [email protected] or [email protected].
The OE 800# comes directly to my desk in Effingham. 800 369 4979.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for stepping in and clearing the air, Richard.
Best wishes to you as you work things out.
vwsb74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just purchase body seal kit, body trim kit, body trim clips, my experience is terrible head ache. this guy never asnwer my email, med america charge my credit card, body seal is out of stock, never update the status of the order, Im paying more for the item that could just bought for 39.99 at veedub ....terrible. I even went to my bank and almost stop my credit card. Twisted Evil

OE VEEDUB order number 7344 incase you care mr. davies and midamerica
2014 Honda odyssey
2180cc 48IDA clone
Xr310 cam =171hp@6k rpm sold so as the car😢
Richard Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Order from OE VeeDub Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry for the mess up. As you can imagine we've had a few glitches moving over 3000 items weighing 23500 lbs from Colorado to Illinois.
If you want to return anything or aren't happy please call customer service as per the instructions on your paprework. If I get involved it will only complicate matters.

Richard
rustbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OE,

I sent an email about 2 days ago about my turn signal seals - i had ordered and paid for original german made parts but received Wolfsburg West parts that fit poorly and are worth about half what i paid.

What do you offer to make good on this? I imagine you don't have any original German seals left at all? in that case, I would like a refund ideally, as I've reinstalled the old seals that fit right anyhow.

Thanks, please let me know.

Last edited by rustbus on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Turn Signal Seals Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry, I checked the shelf and our current inventory is from WW because we ran out. We usually bring them from Germany but it will take 8 weeks to get more.
Send your Invoice Number and details and I will arrange a check as I think you purchased the seals before the merger. We cannot do credit card refunds but we can send you a check including your shipping.
You do not need to send the WWest seals back to us.
I did not receive your e-mail. The best e-mail addresses to use are [email protected] or [email protected]

Richard
rustbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do Richard, I'll email to the addresses you've noted.

Thanks!
vwsb74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

order date march 3 ...contacted 3 people and this guy. march 29 now still waiting for nothing .... what the hell.... good luck oe veedub and midamerica all my bad experieence with you guys surely be heard from other forum sites. CANCEL MY REMAINING ORDER!!!! I DONT WANT TO DO BUSSINESS WITH YOU GUYS ANYMORE!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES PERIOD! Twisted Evil
2014 Honda odyssey
2180cc 48IDA clone
vwsb74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To: vwsb74 (Hidden)
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:28 am
Subject: Re: order ??? asap
Derek, sorry that I didn't get back to you yesterday. I was out at my cousin's funeral.

I checked and what it was that got charged to your account was 2 of the 3 items that you ordered from OEVEEDUB order 7344. We just converted the OEVEEDUB orders into our system to process them.

So, your charges included $6.40 for 354843OEM and $43.90 for 302990, along with a $28.99 shipping and handling charge.

The 311048F, 74-79 Body Seal for $175.12, is not yet in stock.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

=====================================
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:24 pm
Do me a favor. Give me a time and phone number that you can be reached at and I will have a manager call you from the sales area to help out. I am not in that area, and just checked our system on my own. I would rather get you in touch with someone that will be able to make sure #1 that I gave you the correct information and #2 be able to work with you.

Please know that I am only trying to help.
Deb

My direct line is 217-540-4251 and have a meeting today from 1:30-3:30pm.
============================================
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 pm
We are working on your situation internally and will get in contact with you. The customer service manager, Michelle Sharp, will probably be the person to contact you.

Meanwhile, Richard will personally go to the FFC center to look over your items to make sure that they are 100% German. He says that the trouble you have gone through will be worth it in the end because these kits are really top quality.

I did find out that the shipping and handling charges are a one time thing that covers the entire order amount. So, when you get your second shipment, it will not have a shipping and handling charge associated with it.

Hope that helps,
Deb

===================================
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:17 am
No problem Erik. I guess the remaining item is a kit that has 20 items, in which we don't have one of the pieces in stock. So, they are trying to get ahold of that item through a quicker means in order to complete your order. That is the last information that I received yesterday.
============================================

I contacted this person to but useless:
Pursue your passion here.
Eric Vitale
Sales Manager
Mid America Motorworks
#1 Mid America Place
P.O. Box 1368
Effingham , IL 62401
800-500-1500 Toll Free
217-540-4240 Direct
217-540-4316 Fax
[email protected]
www.mamotorworks.com

and this too : richard davies.

==========================

SORRY CANT HELP BUT I HAVE TO SHARE THIS TO MY FELLOW VEEDUBERS Laughing
2014 Honda odyssey
2180cc 48IDA clone
vwsb74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Jeckler wrote:
Richard Davies wrote:

Sorry, we've never spoken on the phone.

Classic Laughing
2014 Honda odyssey
2180cc 48IDA clone
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: