Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

westy or adventurewagen
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: westy or adventurewagen Reply with quote

which is better? I wanted a westy but found a mint adventurewagen I might get. I just don't really like the funky high top. I guess it would probably grow on me and I'd like it eventually. what y'all think wait for a westy to come around or get the adventurewagen?

Corey
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: westy or adventurewagen Reply with quote

Get what you like. This isn't a Hyundai you're looking for. If you plan on making an investment, and to me it's an emotional attachment as well, get what you want, it's worth the wait later on! Think about it, you've have something you don't like about it and you haven't even bought it yet!

-=Rob
77 Westy
71 Westy
77 Scirocco
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: westy or adventurewagen Reply with quote

High tops have a definite cool factor! Don't know where you live, but they are supposedly no fun to drive in windy conditions- worse than a Westy and that's saying something. Get whatever feels right to you though. That said, I'd love to find one in good condition myself. If you get it be sure to post some pics so we can all drool.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: westy or adventurewagen Reply with quote

Get a Rivera. I Just love both of my 1969 VW Riveras. they sleep 4 people and are very well built in the inside.

here are some pictures of both (the red and yellow ones) of my 1969 Rivera's and some other Riviera's to at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/vw1969riviera/lst?.dir=...yahoo.com/

Also go to my home page to see other VDub Bay Bus Kampers, like Adventurewagens and Westi's and Riviera's and Sundial's to at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/vw1969riviera/lst?.dir=...mp;.view=t
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: westy or adventurewagen Reply with quote

high tops are definitely a handful in the wind, and you can kiss your drive-thru days good bye. Also, unless you have an extra-tall garage door, any work you do on it is gonna be in your driveway. (not so bad in sunny climes, but it could be a pain in four season country.) But, on the other hand, no canvas and mosquito netting to repair.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: