Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS 181 complete beam
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
surferdudedav
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: NOS 181 complete beam Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1118927

Hey i respect NOS parts just like the next guy... but seriously??? Crazy find but is that really practical for one to spend $3500 on a front end? is it me or what?... again not knocking.. just shocked! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing Shop sells a rebuilt drum to to drum for a little over $2500. There's a guy from France that has some crazy prices for Thing parts. Don't think he's ever sold them cause they keep reappearing in the classifieds.

If it's truely "NOS" (New, Old Stock) As in original parts that has never been mounted on a vehicle, it may be worth it. However, I'd hate to think about what shipping would add to the cost from Poland.
surferdudedav
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! i honestly had no clue the thing shop charged that much... geezzzzzzz.. pay to play i guess Confused thats 3X what i paid for my whole 181 and i drove it home.. NOS is just so good when it comes to certain things.. like things you simply can not find or things that need to be perfect for that sano resto, this is a front end.. lol You can buy a complete thing front end $300-500 all day long... surely you wouldnt expect to have another $2000-3000 in it!!! (and if you do, call me ive got a few ill sell ya Laughing ) ill even throw in free shipping! hahaha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
surferdudedav
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT DOING A PLUG FOR THIS DUDE... just an example.... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1117768
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an alternative, I am building a guy a Thing front end using his old rusty Thing front end parts combined with a new OE German Bug beam and lots of new German parts to include steering, suspension, and brakes parts.
surferdudedav
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For $3,499 right? Wink
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah except for the extra "3" at the front of the price tag...
vws-microcars4jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semper_Dad wrote:

If it's truely "NOS" (New, Old Stock) As in original parts that has never been mounted on a vehicle, it may be worth it.

But is it NOS? Some of the wear and dirt in the pics makes me wonder. Shouldn't it be in a big blue box or sticky with cosmoline or something?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Thing but I've seen a number of NOS beams over the years and they don't come complete like that. NOS beams are just the center beam only, no spindles, no drums, nothing.

I don't see why a Thing would be different but first-hand knowledge welcome..
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hank0306
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have anything to do with this auction, but at the price for that beam, you might as well buy the entire rolling chasis!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/74-VW-Thing-ROLLING...ccessories
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with Everett. In my experience there is no such thing as a drum to drum NOS front end Thing or otherwise.
surferdudedav
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine bought an Nos link pin beam this past weekend, he was told it was in a box but it was trashed
, it's grey and has a vw parts # sticker.. I'm sure the beam for $3500 is made of all Nos parts.. Maybe he gathered up? Regardless just seemed a tad over priced
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: