Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tirekicker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's do this

(16:45:42) Russ_Wolfe: TK, you are like a Maytag washer
(16:46:44) tirekicker: and what's a maytag washer?
(16:47:35) Russ_Wolfe: If you are not agitating, you are not working right
Pintobean
Samba Frijol

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thursdays is perfect
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mindy65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Shock......... Reply with quote

I don't know what to write I am absolutely stunned to read Brad's story. I left the Samba (and indeed the internet) more or less two years ago and haven't been back until today and as I live in England I don't bump into people with Samba news! For some reason I thought about Brad all day today - lots of things kept reminding me of him and the trip to the VW Classic in 2006 when I met Brad and loads of other awesome Samba peeps. I actually had no thoughts of re-joining the Samba, but I thought I wonder if Brad is on Facebook maybe and I just put his name into Google. I totally wasn't ready for what I read. I called my brother Ben (who'd been on the LA trip with me) and told him - he was deeply saddened and shocked too to hear the news. I tried to carry on doing normal stuff but couldn't so I knew I had to re-join to find out more. Here I am. Not surprisingly Brad's story is everywhere on The Samba as he touched so many people and I easily chanced upon this thread which as you know starts at the end, almost.

So I have been sat here for the last three hours reading the thread from start to end and tears are pouring from my eyes as I read the fabulous posts written about Brad and look at the pictures of him and his wonderful warm smile. It's the whole story in three hours that you guys have been living for the last few years! I can tell you it's difficult to comprehend. Earlier today my plan was to search for Brad and catch up on what he's been up to and now....well nuff said.

Brad was the first person I ever met in the USA! Me and my brother Ben landed at LAX for the VW Classic in 2006 and we firstly had to negotiate a huge automatic car and then master driving on the 'wrong' side of the road in a very unfamiliar city! It took us hours to find our way to Henry's place in Southgate but when we eventually found it, Brad had been there waiting for us for hours longer than he expected...without a grumble. he gave us a massive warm welcome hug and settled us in at Henry's before he left for the night. What a guy! Just shows how he was the kind of guy who goes over and above to help out a friend. That's what I have been reading about here tonight. A common theme in the tributes.

It was a pleasure to spend lots of time with Brad that week and I have tons of happy memories! He taught me that you can turn right even though the light's on red, he taught me you have to pay for gas BEFORE you put it in the tank, that you have to put your alcohol in a bag before leaving the shop! In short he prevented us poor English types being sent to prison whilst in California!

Aside from meeting Brad in real life I remember our long meaningful conversations on The Samba. He was always there with caring words in times of need, full of sensible advice. He was wise beyond his years. Brad was a truly caring person with time for anyone. He was in fact unique. I haven't met many people in my life that have made an impression on me as Brad did.

He would have been very proud of the tributes he has received from you all and his send-off was awesome. Very moving to watch the films and see the pictures. I am 40 next year (gasps of 'surely not' from everyone please) and I am taking a trip to New York. I shall find Brad's special stone and I will sit a while and wallow in my special memories of Hamburger Brad, a very special person that I was fortunate to have know albeit too briefly! Rest in peace my friend.
mindy65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some pictures of Brad but I never did know how to post pictures on this blooming forum thing! I'll try anyway!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy,

I remember meeting you also at the 2006 Classic, that's when I met Brad face to face. He was full of life and did more living in his few years then some do in a lifetime.

When you do travel to NYC, let me know and i'll show you where he is.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mindy65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fantastic.......thank you for that. It was a really moving post you wrote and the pictures just brought it to life. It seems like a very peaceful resting place and a nice place to sit and reflect on thoughts of Brad.
mindy65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not until you start looking through your computer you realise just how many pictures you have taken of Brad!
mindy65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here goes with some of my favourite piccies I took of Brad at the 'classic' VW Classic weekend in 2006

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is one of my favourite pictures!

Brad's smile is the feature of the pictures for sure.........lovely memories!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindy65deluxe wrote:
Brad's smile is the feature of the pictures for sure.........lovely memories!

thanks for the memories, his smile always makes a day better.

BTW.. how that pirate doing?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mindy65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got added to over time! You how it is! Not lonely for sure.
Banzai KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boxonwheel wrote:
Thursday, June 9th. I'm thinking of a late afternoon into the sunset cruise for the 2nd annual HBB Memorial Cruise. Thoughts? Who is down to roll? I'm gunna be getting with Pintobean to try to figure out a route and 2 meeting locations. Would leave from Owens for one spot then maybe meet again at the park like last year. Coming up quick but it will go down either way.

I will be game for the Thursday sunset drive, I will be arriving into town that Thursday afternoon anyways.
V.V.W.C.A. - Golden Gate Chapter: http://www.ggcvvwca.org/
B.L.T.N. (Better Late Than Never) late model VW Club (San Jose/Santa Clara, CA): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bltnvw/
NorCal Aircooled Group (NAG) Facebook Goup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAGVW/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you mindy65delux for your input and memories of my son, they brought tears to my eyes. good luck to you and yours.
bradsdad
mindy65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.......thank you. Brad was a lovely person and I am better for knowing him. I think its great you are restoring the car - I travelled with him in it once. I am going to make sure I keep checking back here to see how the project is going. You are right I am sure he will be having lots of opinions about what you are doing right and wrong to the bug! Keep up the good work. I will never forget him!
boxonwheel
Samba Bellybutton

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Mindy you lovely Brit! Thanks for a refreshment of tears. Those pics and that little bun boys smile is imprinted on many of our memories forever. I miss my co-pilot/extra bus driver!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mindy65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Henry who wouldn't have nice things to say about Brad! I don't mind saying finding the news has totally knocked me off my feet this week! I just wish I had known at the time or before......but we can't turn back the clock unfortunately!

I have been thinking about funny it is that everyone has so many pictures of Brad and that amazing radiating smile and I reckon the angels knew they would take him before his time - therefore they made him the amazing person he was so that he would make a massive impact on so many people's lives (all around the world as it happens) in the time he had!
auslander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pics thanks for sharing Mindy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

66 POS Bus
69 Class 11 Beetle
71 Cat-Look Beetle
64 Old Skool Baja
74 "Swamp" Thing

!!! F**k Cancer !!!
Time's Tide will Smother You
"You can't throw a rock in Long Beach without hitting a tweaker" Steve Tucci
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there has been a slight hitch in the gittyup, paint on the oval has been rescheduled for memorial weekend. the body is ready, fenders and other parts ready also, waiting on paint ! ....but i did manage to get two coats of bright safety yellow on the baja, it sure changed the appearance of that car...........still not able to post pictures, to dumb i guess, one of these days someone will guide me throught the process step by step.
bradsdsd
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BradsDad wrote:
still not able to post pictures, to dumb i guess, one of these days someone will guide me throught the process step by step.
bradsdsd

it's not that tough, once you know how... read through this, it will tell you exactly how:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

GEX has. Just sayin
Endicott jb
Bondo King

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was building my first beam and had sent Brad a picture of the beam after it was all put together. After looking at it he says: "You dumbass you put the adjusters in upside down." Made me really feel like an idiot but heck, you only learn by making mistakes.

OORAH!!
1965 vw beetle(Mayble)
1968 vw beetle(Caroline)
1974 VW Panel Bus
2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins(Katey)

.|_____|.
(0\_!_/0)
.||......||.

Don't drink and post
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg353/endicott_jb/IMG_20110113_085237.jpg
When life throws you curveballs switch to boomerangs.
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva i tried again and again with the new info to post pictures but still i have problems, guess i just dont understand computers well enough to master this procedure. someone will guide me through this some day and then i can record each step long hand on paper, thats the only way i'll ever remember.
josh, Brad could make you beleive he knew everything, and i do admit he was damm good and i was very proud of him. but on many occasions he would come to me and say dad i need help or ask for advise. we all need help or advise from time to time, even us old farts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Jump to:
Page 53 of 78

Jump to: