Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone using a Waeco RPD-50 fridge?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
idahoskier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Anyone using a Waeco RPD-50 fridge? Reply with quote

I have a chance to pick one up on the cheap and am wondering if anyone is using one or has any feedback? Specs appear comparable to the Truckfridge TF49 (1.7 cu.ft., danfoss comp, selectable low batt shutoff) but with a lower voltage draw: 45W (35% runtime @ 86F ambient 41F internal) compared to 60W on the TF49 (unknown temps but listed on their site as 24W/Hr = 40% runtime?). Im mostly concerned about the volume. I was planning on getting the TF65 at 2.29 cu.ft. someday. However this would be a lot less money. We have been using a 2.0 cu.ft. cooler and Im pretty sure that two bags of ice drop us down to about the same volume. Just looking for someone to push me one way or the other Wink
Thanks
Colin
skivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever you choose, i'll be curious to check it out sometime since we're close. i'm planning my fridge/solar upgrade among other things.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: