Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Calling all Barndoors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knee Grow - like Jason said, both you and Linda can trailer them out! Nothing wrong with that. Just want as many as we can out there.

wheelert69 wrote:
Great idea guys. Thanks for more motivation to get my 52 rolling. I have the lineup poster from 10 years ago hanging on my shop wall. I'd like to see my bus in there this time. 935 miles from my house to Anaheim.......

There you go!

I spoke to Chuck D and the Beard ( OCTO leaders ) about doing this some time last year, but in all honesty it wasn't enough time to get this rolling and to get guys out of the woods to get on their "Dead Players" on the road. So I decided to get a head start and hold off until this past weekend to go public about this gathering. This not only gives folks an entire year to prep, but also motivation. Because I'm gonna tell you ........... A LOT of Barndoors will surface to this event. I've got the green light from most of the Heavy Hitters in the BD scene.

EverettB wrote:
Cool. I have a year to slam my Bus. Cool

Let me know if you need any help Ev, you do know I was apprentice at The Butcher Shop. But if you decide to go stock? No worries, my Panel will be there in stock formation.

EA57RHD wrote:
Love the idea Johnny, I will definitely be there.

Sounds good Eddie. Though next time you need to come and hang out with us. It's a good time, until Linda opens up his mouth and starts talking about VW's!! JODER!!! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BulletBus wrote:
I'm up. I may drive from Florida, but I don't want to be the only one driving from the East Coast. So, if someone else is heading West, we can caravan over. This is gonna be so badass. Cool About 2100 miles.

You should talk to MaHk Rafferty. He's ventured across from Florida several times. Give him a gingle. He is aware of this event.

streetwagens wrote:
Do miles in a ship count? Cool

Of course it does Mate! That would be AWESOME if you guys made the voyage out to the "Colonies" in your Buses!!!!

Scotty .......... here is your chance mate. I've spoke to Bear in Spacebook and he & Andrew are all for it!! REALLY.

Plums wrote:
A British invasion would be great Very Happy
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

Like I said, we haven't had a serious British Invasion in some time. This is also open to anyone who would like to participate. I know most of you British Barndoor owners and you guys know I will welcome you with open arms, But you have to buy me a pint, not Corona because we don't drink that piss! It's for the tourists. REALLY! Wink

This year gap gives everyone enough time to either plan their holiday or get their Barndoor project ready for the event.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Busfarmer wrote:
How about an award for the person that brings the most barndoors? I know multiple people that have multiple barndoors.

You know Todd, that is a good idea! Didn't think of that one. I will bring this up to the committee. But from the likes of it, we might as well just hand this over to you!!! Unless the $10K kids bring out their posse??? I'd be more stoked if my long lost buddy, Dean, would show up. Tell him that we will keep Danko far away from his beer stash!!!

Dean, made an appearance at Sac BOR this year. We rolled out our famous NorCal weather just for his arrival!

You outta come up some time.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Busfarmer wrote:
How about an award for the person that brings the most barndoors? I know multiple people that have multiple barndoors.

You know Todd, that is a good idea! Didn't think of that one. I will bring this up to the committee. But from the likes of it, we might as well just hand this over to you!!! Unless the $10K kids bring out their posse??? I'd be more stoked if my long lost buddy, Dean, would show up. Tell him that we will keep Danko far away from his beer stash!!!

Dean, made an appearance at Sac BOR this year. We rolled out our famous NorCal weather just for his arrival!

I haven't been up to that show in some years. Because of your famous NorCal weather! I will most likely come up next year for this event to promote this one. And ofcourse for the annual NorCal Klan ralley.
johnny d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:

What if JD brings his prototype repo over. Ohh I'm such a shit stirrer Twisted Evil

that´s whats on the list, well lets see! Wink
&
VWKernzentrale since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BULLETBUS, maybe we can caravan to the Classic for this event, I will have my 54 deluxe ready to go by then, maybe I can have 2 deluxes ready by then...one for sure!!!......a Kombi and a couple of deluxes from Florida, maybe we can get Iggy to drive his deluxe from Miami.....I feel a plan brewing..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........

Last edited by Gerson on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson wrote:
Hey BULLETBUS, maybe we can caravan to the Classic for this event, I will have my 54 deluxe ready to by then, maybe I can have 2 deluxes ready by then...one for sure!!!......a Kombi and a couple of deluxes from Florida, maybe we can get Iggy to drive his deluxe from Miami.....I feel a plan brewing..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That sounds like a good plan and an awesome adventure! Hope this falls through for you guys.
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know what the current record number of Barndoors assembled at one event is? I tend to recall some numbers in the low to mid 30's and it seems to ping pong back and forth between us Yanks and the Brits.

I was talking with Johnny over the weekend saying that I'm positive we can get at least 40 to show up next year and by the sounds of things so far it seems like it could well blow that figure away. There were at least 10 at OCTO on Saturday and loads more within a short distance that didn't make it, mine included.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Anybody know what the current record number of Barndoors assembled at one event is? I tend to recall some numbers in the low to mid 30's and it seems to ping pong back and forth between us Yanks and the Brits.

I was talking with Johnny over the weekend saying that I'm positive we can get at least 40 to show up next year and by the sounds of things so far it seems like it could well blow that figure away. There were at least 10 at OCTO on Saturday and loads more within a short distance that didn't make it, mine included.
next time eat your Wheaties..so you can drive it!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm correct???? I recall the number being 32 Barndoors and that was about 10/11 years ago?

True Linda. I spoke to loads of people over the weekend who own a Barndoor are planning on attending. A majority of these guys Barndoor's aren't on the road, so going public with this gathering is encouraging these guys to getting their projects either road worthy or presentable to bring out to the event.

There were 12 Barndoors out at this past OCTO. Devon's 54 Single Cab debuted at the ClassicS. Unfortunetly he wasn't able to make it out to OCTO. I also spoke to a handful of guys at OCTO who own Barndoors but didn't bring them, but will be most definetly without a doubt be bringing them come next year. Also, there were a handful of guys who typically show up with a Barndoor who didn't this year .......... Hera, Todd (Bus Farmers), Beanie Bryan, George (the Butcher Shop), Matt, Buddy, Eddy (Eddy & Dave's Garage) ..... just to name a few. And some of these guys have more then 2 Barndoors!

A very well known and heavily respected Type 2 God felt it wouldn't be a problem getting over 40 Barndoors there. These were his words.

The biggest surprise for me this weekend was seeing Little Carlos' 54 Deluxe!! JODER!!! I was working the back gate when I saw it driving up towards me from a distance and thought to myself ......... "Who's driving Matt's deluxe to the show and so late ?? ". Then, OH SNAP!!!!! It was Little Carlos!!!! I have not seen that bus at a show in easily 10 years??? That was cool, and he's totally down for next year.

Now that the ball is rolling, the word is out, folks will with Barndoor projects will start hearing about this gathering and make an effort getting their ride there.

Also, there will be some sort of event - T-shirt, aside from the OCTO T-shirts.
With out Chuck D & The Beard's blessing, this wouldn't have come through.

Another note, both OCTO and I would love to see folks from across the pond attend this gathering.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in 2000?

I don't know the count though

Here's a photo I dug up from the Gallery:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Maybe in 2000?

I don't know the count though

It was a year or so after OCTO got its jump start? So I'm pretty sure
it was either 2000/2001? The count was about 32. And most of those buses in attendance are still around.

I also know of at least 3 Barndoors in your hood that have the potential to make it out next year!!??

So you got a year to Slam your bus!!! Wink
veedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!
Busfarmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with the imfamous Dean Anderson and he said he was in as long as we drive . We had a caravan of about 14 barndoors that came out of the north last time and we should be able to do that with no problem this time.

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
crofty wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Busfarmer wrote:

I haven't been up to that show in some years. Because of your famous NorCal weather! I will most likely come up next year for this event to promote this one. And ofcourse for the annual NorCal Klan ralley.

BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up Gerson! We can talk about the trip at Bulli Brigade this year. Lots to plan, but plenty of time. The 53 should have lots of power and be scraping a nickel by then. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EA57RHD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Quote:
Sounds good Eddie. Though next time you need to come and hang out with us. It's a good time, until Linda opens up his mouth and starts talking about VW's!! JODER!!!

For Sure Johnny, I'd love to chill with all you guys Cool
I'm getting more and more excited about this Barndoor gathering at next years OCTO. It will be a blast and I'm sure we can reach the 40 plus Barndoor mark no problem. My 53 will definitely have some major improvements by then.
********WANTED********
Whittier Lee Wood VW dealer license plate frame
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there, might trailer it but will definitely be driving around so cal Cool
Dean Anderson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES its true Im in as long as we drive. So "twice as nice half the price" will be there.
I have not driven the 55 brown and brown standard in over 10 years.
I got a barndoor chub goin on!!!!!!
This should be a lot of fun
Dean Anderson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksfahrer.nl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean Anderson wrote:

Damn Johnny,

You where such a good looking model back then that you even made Halle Berry there on the right side of you look chubby!

66 panel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 39

Jump to: