Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Calling all Barndoors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any of you who might want a good suggestion for a shipping company, I personally use and always recommend CFR Lines in Paramount, California. They've handled shipping on my own personal cars in the past and have shipped cars to just about every place you can imagine for customers as well. You can find them at www.cfrline.com Their prices have always been competitive and I've never had a problem with them. Most guys I know who ship stuff internationally use them.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
The biggest surprise for me this weekend was seeing Little Carlos' 54 Deluxe!! JODER!!!

plse can someone post some more pics up of Lil Carlos' dlx? i can't see many of it

Chris, these are the only pictures I took. I haven't seen his bus in easily 10 years or so??? It was a real shocker for most of us to see it there! Any hoot, Carlos is down for next year's gathering.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Chris, you need to come over next year and take some pictures of your own Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
For any of you who might want a good suggestion for a shipping company, I personally use and always recommend CFR Lines in Paramount, California. They've handled shipping on my own personal cars in the past and have shipped cars to just about every place you can imagine for customers as well. You can find them at www.cfrline.com Their prices have always been competitive and I've never had a problem with them. Most guys I know who ship stuff internationally use them.

Linda, were these the guys we used to ship out my Westy out to Rotterdam?? If so, I'd highly recommend this company.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Linda, were these the guys we used to ship out my Westy out to Rotterdam?? If so, I'd highly recommend this company.

I believe so, but I'm not positive. We shipped all of those Buses to Holland through the same company.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

I believe so, but I'm not positive. We shipped all of those Buses to Holland through the same company.

Yup. Same one. I'd use these guys again. JODER!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lil Carlos' dlx

Same one I believe... OCTO 1999

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Ev, same bus. ^^^^^^
EA57RHD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more shots of Carlos 54 Deluxe
********WANTED********
Whittier Lee Wood VW dealer license plate frame
wheelert69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busfarmer wrote:
There's always safety and support in numbers. I would like to see the bay area, canada, nor cal and the idaho peaople all combine a caravan. We can show the BDM what a hit really is.

The Idaho Barndoor bus pilot is in for a nice slow migration south.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in, unless I die, sell my Bus or run out of money. The make-over has begun, Firestones are paid for...Leaving out of Spokane, looking to caravan with?

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Plums
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Yup. Same one. I'd use these guys again. JODER!

Thanks for your help with this guys Wink All I need to do now is sort it out Shocked

Sean.

God save the Queen, Old split buses & Lambretta's
Rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drpete wrote:
Rick wrote:
hmm. That gives me one year to get something ready. Of course if I make it I will be driving a stock 36hp from the bay area. No trailer for me. This would be a great adventure for my very first OCTO! Anyone else driving (slow) from the north? Andre? Greg and Clara?

A year, eh? I'll be there.....just not sure I'll drive mine that far though it sounds like a real adventure. But a caravan sounds like a great trip!

If I can do it so can you Pete! I'm the reclusive never-leave-my-house guy anyway so I'll be shaking sweating the farther I get from Santa Cruz! The only thing that will sustain me is large numbers of barndoors in close proximity.... Very Happy
Lowdown Dirty Rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I'll be attending this meet.
However, almost defiantly as a lurker as my bus won't be in a fit state for an ocean voyage this time. If it was it would defiantly be coming over. A states visit was already on it's cards. Maybe next record attempt?
But if some of the euro buses do make it over then I hope you know we will be expecting some US buses at one of the up and coming European record attempts Wink

Hope gerson and splitpartsunlimited are prepared for a sudden surge in orders Smile
drpete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
I'm the reclusive never-leave-my-house guy.....Very Happy

No doubt about it, we gotta get you out of the house more often. Wink And if it takes a Barndoor caravan to SoCal to get you on the road, so be it.
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
drpete wrote:
A year, eh? I'll be there.....just not sure I'll drive mine that far though it sounds like a real adventure. But a caravan sounds like a great trip!

If I can do it so can you Pete! I'm the reclusive never-leave-my-house guy anyway so I'll be shaking sweating the farther I get from Santa Cruz! The only thing that will sustain me is large numbers of barndoors in close proximity.... Very Happy

A year in advance is a good heads up. If both you, Rick, and Pete have the drive ............ you can get them road worthy. You don't have to worry about a caravan down, the Bus Farmers got that sorted out and by the looks of it, I won't doubt these guys will double their numbers from the previous cruise down.

Long-roofs wrote:
I am in, unless I die, sell my Bus or run out of money. The make-over has begun, Firestones are paid for...Leaving out of Spokane, looking to caravan with?

AWESOME Eric! Lind-O-Calrisian or Beef Cake Bruno can ride shot gun!? When the time gets closer and folks have a better idea on their plans ........... your caravan hook up will come through.

drpete wrote:
Rick wrote:
I'm the reclusive never-leave-my-house guy.....Very Happy

No doubt about it, we gotta get you out of the house more often. Wink And if it takes a Barndoor caravan to SoCal to get you on the road, so be it.

Both you guys ........... don't be like certain element who's up in here! Wink You will both have a good time. Just the thought alone of a massive Barndoor Caravan down here is a good enough reason to participate.

Last edited by Barndoor Mafia on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless Sean, hope you can make it over. It will be worth it!! REALLY Wink

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
Pretty sure I'll be attending this meet.
However, almost defiantly as a lurker as my bus won't be in a fit state for an ocean voyage this time. If it was it would defiantly be coming over. A states visit was already on it's cards. Maybe next record attempt?
But if some of the euro buses do make it over then I hope you know we will be expecting some US buses at one of the up and coming European record attempts Wink

Mate, it's really inexpensive for Euro's to venture out to the "Colonies". I get jealous at times or say to myself ........" I remember those days ", when Euro's are here talking about how inexpensive it is for them to be here. So this would be an easy task for you to sort out! It's well worth the trip. Aside from this Barndoor Line Up, you will see both cars and stuff you've never seen before. And during the week prior there are TONS of Open Houses fiestas, bbq's, cruises and what!? The list is endless.

If any of you guys do venture out, I will organize a private tour of a private collectionS I know of which will knock your knickers off! REALLY! This guy has TONS of stuff, never brings them out nor has anyone over. I can get a private tour. So that is just another flavor into the mix.

As time gets closer I will help anyone out plan their holiday. So with this said, TIM & SCOTTY!!! You have NO excuses now!!! REALLY Wink
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low54 wrote:
How about roll on roll of to brunswick florida drive across and ship the buses back home from california Very Happy

Brunswick is in Georgia, not far from Florida. Brunswick is 30 miles north of the Georgia/Florida Border and maybe 50 miles from Jacksonville and the I-10. The I-10 goes directly to L.A. Porsche, VW, Mercedes, etc utilize the Brunswick port.

LMK if I can offer any assistance, I am in Neptune Beach, Florida(Jacksonville) About 50-70 miles south of the Port of Brunswick.

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buzz n maz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barndoormambo wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BulletBus wrote:
I'm up. I may drive from Florida, but I don't want to be the only one driving from the East Coast. So, if someone else is heading West, we can caravan over. This is gonna be so badass. Cool About 2100 miles.

You should talk to MaHk Rafferty. He's ventured across from Florida several times. Give him a gingle. He is aware of this event.

streetwagens wrote:
Do miles in a ship count? Cool

Of course it does Mate! That would be AWESOME if you guys made the voyage out to the "Colonies" in your Buses!!!!

Scotty .......... here is your chance mate. I've spoke to Bear in Spacebook and he & Andrew are all for it!! REALLY.

Plums wrote:
A British invasion would be great Very Happy
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

Like I said, we haven't had a serious British Invasion in some time. This is also open to anyone who would like to participate. I know most of you British Barndoor owners and you guys know I will welcome you with open arms, But you have to buy me a pint, not Corona because we don't drink that piss! It's for the tourists. REALLY! Wink

This year gap gives everyone enough time to either plan their holiday or get their Barndoor project ready for the event.

..now THAT's food for thought! Very Happy Cool

can this be a dry run ..... as there are a few of us saving to do this in 2014... you guys going to make it??? 3 years to save!!
barndoormambo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

As time gets closer I will help anyone out plan their holiday. So with this said, TIM & SCOTTY!!! You have NO excuses now!!! REALLY Wink

..oh, i'm SURE i can think of SOMETHING! Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Laughing

..( have got the date on me calendar & will be speaking to Scotty , Bear
et al re flights & admin Smile )..
Fonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to try and get out for this if I can.

Doubt I'd be able to bring the bus though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 39

Jump to: