Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oval Vert Restore - The Volks Shop
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

left_coast*9 wrote:
Get the F out, did this vert make the classic???? Shocked

atrain and mixedup got it done, got some spy shots sent to me from iozzio and i gotta say again bad ass, cant wait till vintage meet to peep it out in person.

frank
e_bingel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say it was great meeting you and your friends and i thought your car looked great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubinit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice vert, Were those chrome seat frames I saw ?
Curtkolar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Congrats! Reply with quote

Incredible job, I saw the pics from many friends at Classic and can’t wait to see it in person. Yet again someone has raised the bar. I understand the level of work and applaud your patience for detail. Wow!

Please bring it to Vintage Meet!
(4 covers and 6 features world wide)

CORAL DELUXE
1957 Coral Oval with Allstate Trailer
Oct. 11 Ultra VW US Cover
Aug. 12 Hot VW feature
aka pip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BlueJayScout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta wear some shades around that in the sun. Cool

Incredible job you guys have done!
volkation
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: a-train mixedup & tony3 Reply with quote

the volkshop "pacific coast liner" Laughing
markm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the 2nd place Alan! No pics of the finshed car? ...Looks like I may have to keep my vert at home for vintage and bring out the type 34. Laughing

...and since when did Issaquah move to Cali?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdub8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, your car looks amazing! I can only imagine how many hours you have into that car, not to mention $$$.

BTW, what dust caps are on those Airkweld front wheel hubs and how are they attached? Are they interference fit?

Cheers

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=448654
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the car at the Classic...came out awesome you guys did a great job.
Blinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e_bingel wrote:
I just wanted to say it was great meeting you and your friends and i thought your car looked great.

X2... The car looked awesome in person! Good meeting you guys.

WWW.DBKVW.COM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unreal car.... Major props to Alan and the Volks shop!

More eye candy

Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came out fresh......Nice work Cool
MANNAXMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car turned out incredible! Hope to see it in person one day!
a-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my PC fixed....and back online.

WOW, what a trip.......crazy time and have some serious thanks to give for all that made this happen. We wouldn't have made it down there (again this year) and had a good time without all of y'all.

Mixedup59, don't know what to say except that this fits right in there perfectly with the line of events that started way back in second grade, the countless adventures every step of the way that obviously continue today but in "grown up form." The most special thing about this car to me is the love and friendship behind it. The little bitch battled us every step of the way, but we whipped it in to shape and I couldn't be happier with the result. It tested our patience and put our bodies and minds thru the ringer to get it down to the Classic. I have never gone over a week with almost no sleep and then driven 20 straight hours.....and never ever want to again. So, without looking too much like a softy, thanks homey, it's got life long friendship in its soul......I see it in there everytime I look at the car. It was real special having all of our homies there at the Classic, many of us still kickin' it close since grade school, had a blast!

Tony3, that motor is a work of art and getting everything to fit, run like a top, and maintain its beauty was no easy feat. And thanks for everything with the car and keeping me and mixedup in check with our crazy ideas. Outstanding and obviously well received by the VW community. All of the extra special touches and detail set that motor apart. (and thanks for the remote troubleshooting guidance on the wiring...... I hate it when brand new starters have bad solenoids.....freak). Thank you.

Migs, dude, thank you for rolling out to help out all those late nights, getting the body on and all, and help making it happen at the Classic. Having you and Meg there was huge, and kept some sanity in the air when it got crazy.

I don't think Juan get's on the Samba, but definitely got to give him huge props on the body work and paint on this car. He took the body from the VW grave and gave it life (see page 1 of this thread). His metal work is amazing and paint skills are top notch. We jumped over some hurdles and finally gave this car what it deserved. Gotta give him some big props on his time and effort. Thanks Juan.

Big thanks to Les and Justin at Convertibles Only in Seattle. Perfectionism at it's best and attention to detail is second to none. Got most of my top stuff from Chuck's, and Les did his magic to make a beautiful fit...all the little details and added care. Justin worked some serious magic on the seat covers from Lenny @ West Coast Classics ...... the extra mile he went on making it perfect and making sure they hold up for another 50 years is outstanding (not to mention the cool ass e-brake cover he did). They got me in and went to town in short order..... Thanks guys.

Irwin, another priceless adventure, you flying up last minute to help out and then rolling out on this wild trip. I know, not exactly your ideal vacation, but you know you wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks.

Peter that display was on point, outstanding vw rally memorabilia, and thanks for everything along the way from getting that low bitch out of the trailer to setting up and the show, thank you.

Alika, the helmet and wheel stands......dayum, so bad ass. thanks for hooking those up, and thanks for jumping on detail at the show while we all ran around with our heads cut off. The car blinged up nicely in the cali sun, nice work, thank you.

Paul (IOZZIO), dude, you are the man. Thanks for jumping in there on those bits. Handling that shit without blinking an eye. Getting that lid on and in order right when we opened the trailer was money. And thanks to the guys that supplied those nuts (uhhhh for the car damnit). Can't wait to see how the shoots turn out. You seriously saved us some stress. Thank you.

Pip and all of the DBK crew, thank you for the warm welcome and hospitality down there. It was a pleasure to meet all of you and finally put some faces to names and faces to cars. Incredible rides, incredible setup at the compound, and thank you for offering up your home to all of us... it was a real treat! I thought it was real cool that ya'll came over and gave props at the show. Had some great conversations (especially with Pops and his homey).... real cool.

And Pip, thanks for those last bits to put some of those finishing touches on the car at the compound. and......I should've just left those wheels with you like you said, but would've been a pain in the ass to change out the wheel patterns after a long ass day. Having both sets of wheels on the car actually worked out the next day for some photos. I'll be sending them down to you for some Pip treatment for sure.

Frank, Trin, we missed your asses down here. Thanks for all of the help and support. We'll get the next one!

All the WA Vdub scene folks, thank you too....And anyone I've forgotten, I know there are more. I know I'll be editing this post to add some more....just still trippin' right now.

And finally thanks for all of the props on this thread and at the show. I'm feelin the love....a big hearty Thank You!

Awesome meeting everyone at the show and finally putting some faces to those cars..... killer rides, killer time, yeah. Gotta love this hobby. I'll get some trip photos rollin here in the next few days. Cool

Last edited by a-train on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Emiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great looking car , realy love the Hella double signlights.
mixedup59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would share some underside pics of Al's ride. A shame to cover this stuff up.

left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow man, incredible. Gotta say this car is right up there and even over the top of the best out there. Can't wait to see it in person -- at the Vintage meet I assume next month!? Shocked
I can honestly say, my car WILL NOT hold a candle to this one. I'll be rolling it with a POR-15 pan, stock L240 Agave paint job and garage body work done by yours truly, LOL Very Happy Don't see a VW Classic top 3 trophy anytime soon! Razz
Anyway, in talking to folks, and following your thread I at least have SOME idea how much blood sweat and tears went into your car. You gotta be proud. CONGRATS Cool
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472827&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those wagens west bus adjusters? Looks awesome
Emiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got pics of the car with closed hood ?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: