Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

stereo installation
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: stereo installation Reply with quote

I am currently in the process of installing a stereo into my thing. Has anyone looked into installing a stereo between the drivers seat and the door? After looking at it, it seems like a good place. Let me know what you guys think...
edgy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours is in an under dash mounting box. Just right of the center so the heater hose can go to the dash. Speakers are mounted in panels placed over the body holes near the foot boards and behind the rear seat. The Thing is noisy enough you have to turn it up loud to hear the stereo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Big Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you might want to mount it vertically there. I do not like that idea. Radios mounted on an incline tend to eat a lot of dirt and crud. Straight up and down is the worst. I have one mounted nearly vertical in my Jeep CJ. It is in a TUFFY steel console with a gasketed lid and I can't begin to really keep it clean. We had a cd changer between the seats of our old minivan and it picked up a lot of junk - in a nice, tight, weatherproof Dodge Carivan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: