Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gary Berg - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Gary Berg
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
vwed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Gary Berg - [email protected] Reply with quote

Recently bought a wiper arm from Gary - good communications, good price, and well packaged. Recommended!
volksbugusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

purchased some items from Gary:
-great person to deal with
-great on emails
-received my items well packed
-items received as described
Would purchase from Gary again.
Thank you Gary...Matt
[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/506947294919060
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary rebuilt my Berg 5 tranny and i couldn't more pleased. He worked with me on this and included some updates to the oiling and breather. When i emailed him, he replied promptly, when i called, he answered the phone. He was able to ship it back to me for less than it cost me to sent it. He also waited for the differential to be rebuilt by Bruce Tweedle and didn't have a problem setting it aside till the diff arrived.

While not the cheapest, you certainly get your money's worth with his knowledge, craftsmanship and customer service.

Thanks Gary.

There's actually a article in 5/12 Hot VW about the updates he did.

http://glenn-ring.com/resto/Berg%205%20Update.pdf

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MauiVWBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought some parts from Gary. Great communication, fair prices, fast shipping all the way to Hawaii. Would definitely buy from him again.

Mahalo Gary!
SO42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: A happy customer Reply with quote

I couldn’t put it off any longer. I needed a trans rebuild.

I don’t have the time or money to do things more than once, so I always try to do things right the first time. There were other places that I could have taken my trans for a rebuild, where I may have gotten decent results, but I have been a customer of Gene Berg Enterprises for many years and have developed a great deal of trust in the Berg name. I was quite happy to find that Gary Berg was offering his services again, drawing on his years of personal experience combined with the foundation laid out by his father. My transmission rebuild was my first real experience I’ve had working with Gary and that experience was quite positive.

My trans build got off to a slow start as the single-side-cover core (that I had been dragging along for years) turned out to be unusable. After several weeks of looking for just the right rebuildable core, without success, time became critical and I decided to take the path of last resort and pull the trans directly out of my daily driver Bug for the build (fortunately, I did have a backup vehicle to drive). I had been receiving “gentle warnings” from my trans for some time that a rebuild was needed but, for a number of reasons, I had put it off. When my employer decided to move me out of state, it was apparent that I could not put off the build any longer. I needed to have a vehicle that I could trust! At the new location, I would initially be residing in temporary lodging and would not have any of my tools or even a place to work on my car until my family and I found a new home and our household items (and my tools!) were delivered. My Bug was scheduled to be picked up by an auto transport and I needed to have the trans rebuild completed and the car reassembled and drivable in time to turn over to the shipper by the appointed time. With that rigid timetable in place, the trans was pulled and delivered to Gary, where it was disassembled and inspected. Gary then called me out to his shop where he detailed his findings and made numerous recommendations. I have a great deal of interest in the workings of transmission internals and some book knowledge, but my practical experience in this arena is limited - so I know I asked him a lot of questions. Gary patiently answered all of them and offered a lot of additional information and insight along the way. We then discussed terms and he agreed to the timetable and hit the ground running…..fast.

Gary surprised me by completing my trans rebuild several days ahead of what was already an aggressive schedule, giving me some extra time to reinstall the trans/engine AND put on a few break-in miles before the pick-up date! As it turned out, with all of my last minute preparations for the move (and some unexpected distractions), I ended up needing that extra time even more than I had initially realized that I would. Looking back, if Gary had not decided to turn up the heat and complete the build as early as he did, I would have been in a bit of a tight spot. Even with the compressed schedule, Gary managed to detail very nicely the exterior of the trans, giving it a simple, yet high quality “old school” look. The quality in the many details was obvious and I admired it for as long as I could…..before I was forced to actually put it in the car!

Last week, my Bug was delivered to me and the transmission has been performing quite well as it continues to break-in.

So, in a nutshell, Gary is an extremely competent, knowledgeable (and patient) builder that I would recommend to anyone. There are few out (if any) there with his level of expertise and as solid of a foundation. I look forward to doing business with him again.

Thank you, Gary, for your hard work, your patience and, especially, your attention detail. Next time....maybe you can build me a 5-speed!

(Actually, I have some engine freshening that I may like to have done first!)

Best regards,
Larry Dongilli
'87 Syncro GL
Oljefläck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top notch seller. Nice stuff.
http://www.garaget.org/?car=234141
wildman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where to begin? I contacted Gary late into the 2011 winter season to discuss a potential "hot street" engine build. After many phone conversations and email exchanges we came up with a list that should fit the bill. Contacting Gary is like calling an old friend and talking shop, very knowledgeable and easy going. He doesn't command your build, he hears your ideas and then returns with alternatives and common sense. The man knows his stuff, with 35+ years of "attention to detail" and a "do it once, do it right" mentality.

The final build is a naughty little 2332cc that cruises like a stock engine all day with low temps and excellent street manners around town. Then, it explodes into a violent rush as the revs climb! This is the perfect driver/fighter combo and with just 800 miles logged, it has yet to be twisted all the way. The cleanliness and details he delivers is second to none. No leaks, no surprises! This engine is so smooth, so responsive and so very well created....work of art comes to mind. I just wanted to look at it on the bench, not install it. Wink

From first call, to agreement, to updates via email or phone, to excellent packaging/shipping to bolted in and running, Gary Berg was there all the way. It doesn't end there, he calls me to ask how it's running! He would email, text or call and apologize for the "upcoming" snow storm because he knows I want to run that beast! Who does this? LOL

My engine made 191hp at 7000rpm fully equipped on pump gas. That was before the bigger 42mm venturies and more Dellorto tuning. I am now updating my fuel system because this engine is hungry for more. I haven't even met the full potential of this creation, so I am certian 3/8" fuel lines and return system will bring more smiles and puckers.

Thank you Gary, thank you for delivering my dream engine! Now about that next build.... Wink

I would not hesitate to call Gary Berg for your dream build....or any service offered.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GASBNR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guy and seller,

Received items down under in under a week,

Great Thanks OL Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnhous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a Hot Oil Sensor from Gary and it arrived the next day! Great e-mail and very appreciative of my buy. Nice guy to deal with.
rayvwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: DCNF Carbs Reply with quote

Gary sold us a pair of DCNF carbs and linkage. They were packaged very well, came when they were supposed to, and ran right out of the box. Gary has been a great resource to ask questions to as well. We couldn't be happier with the transaction and the results of this purchase. I would recommend Gary to anyone looking for something he is selling!

Ray
Raymo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Gary Berg Built 2500CC Reply with quote

I started buying my parts for my 2500CC build over 8 years ago it finally came time to get it built. I dont think I could have found anyone else that could have built my motor the way Gary did. The tin work exceeded my expectations the motor dropped right in. Gary is a VERY detailed builder he strides in building motors that will have longevity but the owner has to do his part maintaining it. Heads up performance put it on the Dyno and motor put out 200+ in horsepower and torque. Gary made it happen I am so pleased with his work that he is doing 2 more builds for me and my bro. Thanks Gary.
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Gary about a dog house shroud kit he has for sale. Told him what it was for and instead of just making a sale, he gave me some things to check for to help with my running hot. We emailed back and forth a few times. Turns out I didn't need to buy the kit. Gary is a real stand up guy, I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him.
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
ACTION IS GO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Berg is a true master builder and engineer. A humble precisionist at heart, which lends to the highest quality of work output in all he does.
I've had the honor of him building two engine's and 5 speed transmissions over the past 5 years. One of them documented on his FB and featured on his Samba ad.

Gary takes the time to consult and walk you through steps, so you have the finish product you are looking for - in my case, superior performance & longevity.

When a challenge arises he moves towards it and exceeds expectations. An example is my Berg 50 carbs, he continued to take all the steps to make everything correct, and was dedicated to making them perform as they should. After some incredibly precise mods, they now perform amazing, and run as smooth as glass.

Along with the immense high quality of work and business ethics, Gary is just a very cool guy as well!
Jeff Geisen
Samba Chaplain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small gasket purchase, big service and great communication.

A great Samba seller, thank you Gary!

‘63 ragtop - ‘68 single cab
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a KEP pressure plate off of him, great communication and fast shipping
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Gary Berg - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a few sets of Gary's IDA return springs. No hassles. Thanks again Gary!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rafyvolky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Gary Berg - [email protected] Reply with quote

bought some parts from Gary .he kept his word and delivered will buy again,,thumbs up for Gary.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwdamian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Gary Berg - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've had 3 sets of Weber IDFs completely rebuilt by Gary. Hands down he's the best I've dealt with. Humble, courteous, great communication via email. Most importantly, he has provided Professional work, carbs all worked flawlessly the first time!!! Big deal when you don't live in SoCal, since time and shipping are huge issues for me.

Send him your business. You won't be disappointed!!

Thank you Gary!
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Gary Berg - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a set of cam bearings from Gary, quick and easy transaction, great email communication!

Thanks!
vw.dodge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Gary Berg - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a large but lightweight part from Gary that he had found sitting undisturbed for years in his mom and dads attic. It was important to me (and apparently to him as well) that it arrive in the same condition as found. He went the extra mile to be sure that would happen, and even shifted gears to use an alternate shipping company when it became apparent that the cost was prohibitive. All this with a friendly ‘can do’ attitude. Great communication and conversation, over-the-top packing skills, and fast shipping. Five stars to Gary Berg!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: