Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

skunk714 - [email protected] - David Merritt
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: skunk714
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 04, 2023
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: skunk714 - [email protected] - David Merritt Reply with quote

David was willing to trade my perfectly new, powder coated fan shroud for a good stock used fan shroud. (I am going for a very stock looking 1972 standard beetle) He had no pictures, but promised shipment Monday the 9th. When I inquired about the shipment, ETA, or tracking number, I got no response. I repeatedly E-mailed David conveying that if I don't hear from him soon, that I will be forced to move on to the next person.

After the third attempt conveying that I would be pressed to go to the next person, he finally E-mailed back (11 days later) in a huff that this was the third E-mail and that I should move to the next person. No explanation, just wasted my time losing me a sale/trade, which I need for my restoration. All three of the messages that I received from David were amateurish and poorly written. If this buyer inquires to you regarding sales/trades, beware.

I have just now received a message regarding the trade, I will leave this message up until the trade goes though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After complaining and threatening it seems as though he is shipping today. We'll see what happens...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this person sent me a totally mangled shroud. I sent it back and requested at least 1/2 return on my shipping costs. No reply yet...

Live and learn
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am being harassed by this person, demanding that I remove/edit this post. Also threatening to bash my name if I don't remove it.

Sad. I said I would remove this post, when the trade goes through. it never did, and I never got even a partial refund on the return shipping.

Oh well....
skunk714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wilson did not like the fan shroud i sent to him. i told him to keep it if he did not want to trade. he shiped it back to me any way. he said he would remove what he said, how ever he did not do that.i have treated everyone i deal with in an honest way, hopping they will do the same. do not let what he said stop you from dealing with me. i do not sell junk or trade junk. thanks & peace on ya.
skunk714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i told matt that he should go to the next person, that i did not want to trade, however he wanted to, so i shiped him a nice fan shroud,he did not want it. told him to keep it. he shiped it back to me, then had the gual to ask for half of his shipping cost. i lost money shipping it to him. does that make us even? you never can tail. i have been a member of samba for 4 years,never had bad word from anyone i have dealt with, there are of satisfide samba members out there.
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Unfortunately I was not offered the shroud gratis. I probably would have tossed it in the garbage anyway.
skunk714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not the shroud i sent to matt wilson, did not have that big dent in it. will post pix. of the one i sent him. have to go to barn & git it.
skunk714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, my grand son reminded me that i put the shroud i sent matt willson on my coustom baja,why would i put a beat up shroud on a car like that. will post pixs. of car and shroud when i figure out how to post them.MATT WILLSON,WHY DONT YOU JUST LET IT GO.THE MORE YOU POST SHOWES ME WHAT KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE, AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT READS THIS.MAKES YOU LOOK VERY VENDICKTIVE. GROW UP. THERE MY BE SOME SAMBA MEMBERS THAT WONT DEAL WITH YOU BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A DISHONEST PERSON. THIS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had forgotten about this issue. It was over a year ago, beginning June 2008. I sold the new powdercoated shroud to a real person with real money. You brought the issue back up. Clearly it must by you who is the organized and articulate one. (that was sarcasm in case you weren't able to tell).

You clearly are a dishonest person. You represented the pictured shroud as a good, undented shroud. Then you told me that the shroud pictured was not the shroud. Then the shroud pictured now IS the shroud.

So take your own advice and some new: learn to type, spell, take pictures, use E-mail, keep records, and deal honestly.

I really hope this is all you have to say, because this is wasting my time.
Chad Haines
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stumbled upon this post randomly, but I just had to give my opinion, so please excuse the hijack (hehe)

I live in the same part of Denver as Matt Wilson and I can honestly say that not only is he wildly knowledgeable with his VWs, but he's also very honest and I can't believe that he'd try to con anyone out of anything. He's efficient with his work and expects a reasonable amount of effort from people around him - he's even given me parts and helped out with labor for no charge just because he's a nice guy and likes what he does.

So, just to kind of jump in to an good, honest guy's defense - I have never dealt with the gentleman with the fan shroud, but I can say that Matt has always been 100% honest with me and I trust him totally!

Thanks for all you've done for me and others Matt!!
wanderbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Porsche 914 speedo... Reply with quote

I purchased a Porsche speedo from David this week and all went smoothly. Great communication and a swift delivery on a nice item Smile . If he has anything I need in the future I would do business with him again. Thanks, David.

-Nik
brian richardson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: stinger Reply with quote

purchased a 3 bolt large flange stinger from david a few weeks ago. everything regarding the transaction went well and the part was in great shape. thanks david.
casadecameo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a pair of supposed "NOS" early Type 1 headlight assemblies I purchased from this seller ("J.D." David Merritt of TN.) for the price of $200.00. The parts were advertised as NOS parts. The box containing the parts was very flimsy (one open end flap) and falling apart when it arrived as it was poorly packaged with minimal tape. (These parts contain glass pieces...) I'm actually quite surprised the contents remained intact judging from the minimal effort in seller's packaging. Both supposed "NOS" headlight assemblies I received are obviously very well used parts: pitted chrome, stripped and rusted phillips head adjuster screws, prominent road rash on both glass lenses, red over-spray on one outer chrome surround and center fastening bolt, repainted gray buckets with repainted white inner surrounds. Both inner buckets left and right are mismatched, and all hardware was obviously cobbled together, etc. Small bulb receptacle on each housing is literally junk, rusted and broken wire insert studs on BOTH, with a broken ground lead on one. One Westinghouse bulb has a missing (broken off) prong, the other works but has a smoked inner glass surface. J U N K. You get the idea... Just a bad deal that I am not going to waste any time pursuing recourse as I consider my time valuable. I am merely attempting to warn others that this vendor should, from my experience with him, be avoided at all cost, based on what was advertised and what I actually received and paid for. I immediately sent an email to this seller, expressing my discontent, but have not heard a reply as the seller has my required postal money order and it's spent.
I've been a part of the VW scene for quite a long time now, and this ain't my first rodeo buying parts sight unseen. Beware of this seller is all I can really say, and I do not want to hear any bullshit response posted against my name from this seller. You knowingly sent me used junk advertised as NEW OLD STOCK parts and took my money, and did not respond to my email or phone call expressing my thoughts after I inspected the parts upon receipt. End of story.
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this probably won't be the end of the story - the saga continues....

Nothing like taking a fun hobby and turning into a money-grubbing venture full of headaches from people dealing in garbage. We have enough of that out there, it's called EMPI...
kekonaiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Paid for Item Reply with quote

Paid quickly for item he bought from me.
kekonaiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Wilson wrote:
Unfortunately this probably won't be the end of the story - the saga continues....

Nothing like taking a fun hobby and turning into a money-grubbing venture full of headaches from people dealing in garbage. We have enough of that out there, it's called EMPI...

If it were not for EMPI we would have to buy over priced gabarage / items from CB, SCAT, Bugpack, Gene Berg, and such... All the vendors are making lots of junk. At least with EMPI you what you pay for. NOT like over priced stuff from so called quality sellers. I still have a set of 2" headers I bought from GENE BERG that won't even fit me drag motor. NO LUCK ON returning them, anybody want to by them for 400.00, I am just venting like you were so no need to to attack me...
oldjunk39
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: skunk Reply with quote

All i can say is skunk is a liar cheat drove 6 hours to buy a engine get home and it knocks and smokes buyers do not buy from skunk714 because he is dishonest
volksbugusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: no issues Reply with quote

JD
good person to deal with. Quick pay.No issues.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/506947294919060
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skunk714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: skunk Reply with quote

oldjunk39 wrote:
All i can say is skunk is a liar cheat drove 6 hours to buy a engine get home and it knocks and smokes buyers do not buy from skunk714 because he is dishonest

the motor i sold him was fine,i told him that i put oil in the cylenders when i stored the motor,keep rings from sticking,oldjunk39 said motor knocked,i ask hin about the timing,he also told me he bought a nother motor,ran it with no oil in it,locked up,wanted his money back from the person hevgot it from.
this person is the DISHONEST ONE,NOT ME.
he wanted to get motors for free.
you do not run a motor without oil.any dumass knows that.
SO OLDJUNK39... You are a liar,shame on you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: