Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shame on State Farm
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
I am Wildcat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all just another great reminder to go get an appraisal on your van! I did it within the first few weeks of buying the van, so that and my well kept records and receipts should hopefully pay off in the long run, should I ever need that information.

An appraisal is just such a cheap thing to do if you have a van you've invested a lot of time and money into. I think mine cost $150, including a 20 page report with photos of all the upgraded equipment.
2014 Tesla Model S P85+
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randywebb wrote:
insurers who insure high value sports cars might do an agreed value policy on a Vanagon - IIRC Hardesty is one

Most van owners can not comply with the rules (underwriting guidelines) at many of the bigger classic or speciality carriers for agreed value. 3 biggies that will not write most Vanagons are: Haggerty, Leland West and JC Taylor.

I will check with Amica, next.

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
randywebb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many other cult vehicles are in this same boat?

IF a bunch then there is a market for some ins. co.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good lesson. When I free up some money I'm thinking of investing in an appraisal. Decades and decades etc.... ago State Farm in around where I lived in Ontario had a bad reputation. I have never considered dealing with them. I guess we all make personal decisions but I'm sorry for your step dads problems. ps your mom is 66? THAT is not elderly in my books Wink You didn't say but hopefully they had no injuries to their bodies. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reluctantartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand from experiences on the bay forum, the NADA guide is book value on older vehicles. You will never get what you spent on these, but then again you are even more screwed when you buy a new car.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: