Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nor Cal Bus Fest 7! Sunday 8/14/2011, Vallejo, CA
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffle items are loaded up here as well.
Also a set of T3 spindles / brakes for Mr. Hand and a couple pairs or rear Split shock mounts for Mr. Moreci.

I'm not swapping only bringing stuff people ask for ahead of time. If you need it, email me now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
'70Bugnorcal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David is there going to be room inside for some ulgy little Bugs this year Shocked
I don't wanna live for ever
tubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'70Bugnorcal wrote:
David is there going to be room inside for some ulgy little Bugs this year Shocked

Hopefully not since it is a Busfest Laughing but usually yes there is plenty of room for all VWS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to cost considerations, we do not use the left side lawns for Bus Fest. I'm sure we can find room a few non Type II's down at the end of the concourse on the pavement...but the lawns are reserved for buses and trucks only, like Bob said it is Bus Fest.

FYI...despite significant efforts on my part, the fairgrounds staff will charge $7 at the first gate for parking unless you are driving a VW bus or truck. I suggest everyone that doesn't have a bus or truck hop in with a friend that does to avoid this fee. They are also insistent that walk-ins now use the main gate (under the blue and white sign) instead of the vehicle gate.

Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow, weather and attendance looks promising.

PS: There was a question about the Sacramento Caravan from Eppies to Bus Fest...its it happening?

Bug Bash, Bus Fest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're ready to go with the entire family in tow. Hey that rhymes....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bugga
Samba's lil one

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a fav if someone can do it, there is going to be a camper I would like to buy there but need someone to check it out for me... any help would be great...plz pm me
Banzai KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbs wrote:
I suggest everyone that doesn't have a bus or truck hop in with a friend that does to avoid this fee.
Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow, weather and attendance looks promising.

That's what I'm doing...riding shotgun in a friends' DC.
Other times I drive a friends (VolksFire) buses to Bus Fest from on of his fleet.
V.V.W.C.A. - Golden Gate Chapter: http://www.ggcvvwca.org/
B.L.T.N. (Better Late Than Never) late model VW Club (San Jose/Santa Clara, CA): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bltnvw/
NorCal Aircooled Group (NAG) Facebook Goup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAGVW/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sam_w
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the Busfest and there was an amazing Westy police roofrack. That ladder is built in and slides out on a track.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is the new Vallejo toll bridge on the way there.

bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little lean on the Sacramento cruise, but it went off as usual.
It was Good Times as usual at the Busfest. It's a great opportunity to catch up with Bus friends and to see all the Diehard regulars. Also makes for a impromptu SST reunion.
In a hasty last minute decision, I threw a few swap things in back of the truck and made a few bucks. Thanks to all that picked up a trinket or 2.

Although all the Busfest Tshirts and plaques are always very cool, this events design was exceptionaly good.

Huge Thanks again to David Heard and Crew for another good time!

SurfCityRacing wrote:
What's my muthafukinname? Bad Doggy Doo-ooo-oog!

Last edited by bad dog racing on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, good times!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just over one hundred buses and trucks dotted the lawns of the Solano Fairgrounds for Nor Cal Bus Fest 7 on August 14, while several hundred enthusiasts spent the day talking shop, swapping or just relaxing under the trees.

The vehicles on hand ranged from moss-covered forest finds to high-caliber restorations, and lots of daily drivers. One of the restored buses that attracted a crowd all day was Eric’s immaculate, Sacramento-based 1954 Barndoor Deluxe. Another special bus, which has not been seen in the bay area too often, was Mark’s amazing Caterpillar Yellow 1955 Deluxe sunroof, complete with a rare Police roof rack, driven in from Sausalito. Other beautiful restorations in attendance included Larry’s class winning 1960 Single Cab, Mark’s green and white 21 window and Tony’s 1959 European Deluxe.

There were also some very cool recent acquisitions such as Eric’s 1961 Westfalia, Lou’s Barndoor Kombi and Christopher’s Double Door Panel, along with one freshly discovered and recovered bus - Brian’s internet famous 1959 “Rat Attack” Kombi, with the amazing drive-out from the Nor-Cal mountains that captivated readers on the Samba.com. The combination of these “new” vehicles and many of the Bus Fest regulars made for an excellent variety of vehicles to check out.

Several people rounded up drivers and brought multiple vehicles out to the event, including Richmond’s Jahnai who brought four, Sacramento’s Todd (two Barndoors) and JP (Deluxe and Double Cab.)

As always the swappers were scattered among the vehicles, and covered the main concourse and I was told there were many bargains to be found. Like all Bus Fest events, the day ended with a few awards and a fantastic raffle, thanks to our generous sponsors. This year’s grand prize was a complete 64-67 Type II brake update set, complete with all hydraulics, hoses and shoes from Al at Honest Engine Midtown (great idea Al!) Other great prizes included a side step from Bus Boys, locking shifter/mirrors/gift certificates and more from Wolfsburg West, gift certificates and tons of t-shirts from Vintage Warehouse and Lavere’s VW Restoration, weather strips for each generation of bus/truck from West Coast Metric, several tune-up kits from Greg’s VW Service, lots of cool VW dealer accessories from Niello Volkswagen and assorted t-shirts and patches from Vintage Wheels.

Thank you to all who attended and to the ever generous sponsors who make it happen every time, and a special thank you to the Bus Fest staff: Marilee, Ella, Gen, Tom, John, Dusty and Ken – without them these events would not happen.

Stay tuned the next RBS event coming sooner than you’d expect…

Bug Bash, Bus Fest
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: