Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Czech Bug Tatra Project
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are great cars. Can't wait to see what you do with it. When we lived by Nashville we visited the Lane Motor Museum wher ethey had about 5 Tatras.
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well?

any new year updates?

instagram im_eating_pizza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
guzziguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article. Just hit my inbox this morning. I photographed one 20 some years ago. It was restored, but with the absence of parts, the owner put an Austin water-cooled into it, and then drove it another couple hundred thousand miles.

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/06/16/bat-success-story-human-cannonball-tatra-t600/#more-
aircooled74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is wicked!
keithwwalker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it in the style of the Tatra 603 in the Lemony Snickets film
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All dark and mysterious... Twisted Evil
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: The Tatra Reply with quote

Well the response to the Tatra at the VW Classic was pretty awesome. Most VW folks in the US have never seen one before, and it was very fun to show it to them.

The best for me was watching some of the German Folks guys just staring at it...for a LOOONG time...I could just see the wheels turning in their heads...perfect paint, dropped on earlies...the perfect gangster family hauler.
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hemifalcon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Tatra Reply with quote

Did you decide not to build this car?? I would be very interested to find one of these cars--definitely a dare to be different design.. Simple, classy wheels, lowered--just like the one on your guys website--would be perfect.. Just making it a Cal-Looker--eh.. That look is done on every VW--I think everyone can picture it with the 'early's or whatever.. But, like you detail on your website--these were classy cars.. It should be built to 'look classy', not 'racey'.. And, put a firebreather in the back.. Think luxury hotrod.. Very cool car.. Never saw one until I was poking around on your guys website..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I did decide to not build the car and just sell it as is to someone who can. In short I dont have the time or money to invest in it at the moment, so selling it seems like a better option than to watch it sit and take up space mentally and physically. Its a rare beast and the earlier models are going stratospheric price wise...there is a 1940 model on Hemmings right now that is $265,000 !!

I need to pick my battles and the other projects in the shop are just pulling me harder. I really would love to see someone else take it on and watch it emerge into the VW scene again all done and awesome.
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: