Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glass fuel filter-how to remove glass?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDKG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Glass fuel filter-how to remove glass? Reply with quote

I have an Eberspacer heater which came originaly with my 1960 convertible. The car is being restored and I plan to reinstall the heater just for looks not for real use anymore (I rather be cold then intoxicated Wink). I am now cleaning the heater and painting it and I also would like to clean the fuel filter shown in this pic (no. 13) and therefor remove the glass.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I can unscrew the wing nut but the glass still holds on to the metal top (it's a Karco filter BTW). I do not want to put too much force on the glass but it looks like it should come off after loosening the nut. How do I remove the glass without breaking? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Marcel
microbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is stuck to the seal and needs some "persuasion" to release it... you could try penetrating fluid and try to see if it helps!
Richard
MDKG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll try that.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: