Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Window Crank Question
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
werker
Redwood Wrencher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Window Crank Question Reply with quote

I've got a 72 t3 and the window crank is starting to give issues. I just pulled the door apart, cleaned and re-greased the regulator and all is well. However during the process I noticed that one window crank was bad and I am missing a few pieces to my door.
First question, is the window crank and bug-t3 part? Ie, can I find a bug crank and put it on my car? I had one pure black handle that went bad and the other is the half chrome one below. I prefer this one and the part number is 111/311 837 579. Can I just find one of these? There aren't any in the classifieds. Is this the correct handle for the 72 or is it just the best looking one for the post 68 window regulator?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Second, I need one of these. They go behind the window crank and I can't find any in the classifieds or at any distributors. Any ideas for where to find these?

Finally, the door handle cup. I could probably get one from an aftermarket distributor, but I would prefer OG German plastic. Any body have any of these parts or know where to get one?

Proud Member #8, SBS (Stock Bus Society)
---------------------------------------
Gremlin Killer
Robert Bills wrote:
The guys on this forum can talk you through any issues you may have. Don't give up on the fuel injection - your Type 3 will thank you.
Woreign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A regular Bug handle will work too. My Notch was the same way: one correct chrome handle and one non-matching black handle. I never found a matching chrome handle for sale, so I replaced both with black Bug handles.

I still have the one chrome one! But do I convince you to sell me yours? Or do you convince me to sell you mine? Think
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't put up a WTB (want to buy) ad you'll never get together with Most Sellers!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
werker
Redwood Wrencher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, This was a quick question before I put up the WTB. I want to check that the handle I may purchase is correct, and that there aren't any of us here that have a pile of these and I just needed to ask.
Proud Member #8, SBS (Stock Bus Society)
---------------------------------------
Gremlin Killer
Robert Bills wrote:
The guys on this forum can talk you through any issues you may have. Don't give up on the fuel injection - your Type 3 will thank you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: