Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Are 96mm P&Cs a bolt-on upgrade for an L-Jet 2.0?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmstu76 wrote:
Seriously? No one has bought these beauties yet? If they don't shed heat, why would Raby offer them.

He doesn't offer them in bus engines.
...If If stoner A takes a hit and then stoner B goes right away(not waiting two seconds), he's trying to suck on it while it's still got a vaccum, doesen't get much of a hit at all! Cause it hasn't filled back up all the way yet.

Stoner A is cylinders #2/4 B is #1/3 The plugged bowl is the throttle, the bong is the manifold
jmstu76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josh wrote:
jmstu76 wrote:
Seriously? No one has bought these beauties yet? If they don't shed heat, why would Raby offer them.

He doesn't offer them in bus engines.

True, but I'm sure anyone could buy the set and experiment.

'76 Deluxe Sage Green Westy
2258 cc GD case 78mm CW crank, 2.0 H-beam rods 5,325” 22mm pin, JE forged pistons with 15cc dish, JE rings, type 11 clearanced oil pump, CB Eagle 2205 Type-2 “Torque Special” hydraulic cam with matched lifters fed by CB Dual Weber 40 IDF MX with 6” foam air filters, currently 55 idle, 130 main, 200 air correction, 32 mm venturis. 27in General Grabber AT2 All Terrains, Berg Shifter, stock '76 exhaust HPC Ceramic Coated. 11/18/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking why not use the dual 8 100's that have a nickle - moly finish? They have more surface area cause you have two pistons effectively on one connecting rod. The cooling area is increased and the inner fins are longer. The heads work the same as the dual plugs fire both sides and the top notches allow both sides to breath easily. With those you might see an additional 20 - 40 HP. What say ye James? Should I use those instead?
jmstu76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
I've been thinking why not use the dual 8 100's that have a nickle - moly finish? They have more surface area cause you have two pistons effectively on one connecting rod. The cooling area is increased and the inner fins are longer. The heads work the same as the dual plugs fire both sides and the top notches allow both sides to breath easily. With those you might see an additional 20 - 40 HP. What say ye James? Should I use those instead?

I apologize if I came off the wrong way. I have no clue what dual 8 100's are..

'76 Deluxe Sage Green Westy
2258 cc GD case 78mm CW crank, 2.0 H-beam rods 5,325” 22mm pin, JE forged pistons with 15cc dish, JE rings, type 11 clearanced oil pump, CB Eagle 2205 Type-2 “Torque Special” hydraulic cam with matched lifters fed by CB Dual Weber 40 IDF MX with 6” foam air filters, currently 55 idle, 130 main, 200 air correction, 32 mm venturis. 27in General Grabber AT2 All Terrains, Berg Shifter, stock '76 exhaust HPC Ceramic Coated. 11/18/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmstu76 wrote:
SGKent wrote:

I apologize if I came off the wrong way. I have no clue what dual 8 100's are..

neither do I - just seeing you'd take the bait Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: