Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help- Soot coming out of my exhaust
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bajorek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Help- Soot coming out of my exhaust Reply with quote

I have a type 4 [carbureted single Weber] with Monza style tail pipes (four tips- on a 76 Westy). I just bought it and drove it seven hours home. By the time I was home, the back was speckled with black gu. I was just out messing with it, and when I hold my hand behind the right side I get black, sooty specks. There is also a bit of residue around the tips.
I am awaiting the arrival of my Bently manual, but would like an idea of some of the possibilities/fixes.
I'm hoping it's just mixed too rich, but even if that is the case, I still have no idea how to adjust the carb. Please help.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Help- Soot coming out of my exhaust Reply with quote

sounds like its running a bit rich to me...this could be the mixture screw needs adjusting or the carb needs a thourough cleen. when a carb gets a bit gunked up then the strangler flap doesnt close properly resulting in running to rich.

i would give the carb a clean and check your mixture setting
then take it for a good run
keith
bajorek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Help- Soot coming out of my exhaust Reply with quote

What does the screw look like, where is it located on a Weber? Are there any sites which show this?
D.Russell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Help- Soot coming out of my exhaust Reply with quote

Here ya go :
http://www.weber-carburetors.com/Weber/adjust.htm
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: