Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

keifernet - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: keifernet
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 27, 2021
skid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $235 USD for a carb from Keith in March and I still have not received it. At first he warned me that he was still catching up on old orders from 2010, I thought that it would be a bit backed up by I never realized that it would take this long(7 months!!!!). Every month I've been emailing Keith and have usually gotten responses about what's happening with my order. He told me he was busy and life was getting in the way, I told him that I do understand that life gets in the way and I patiently continued waiting. Anyway in early August I asked for my money back if he didn't think he could send me the carb. He responded right away and told me he was going to ship out my order out that week. This did not happen. I have sent multiple emails since then and I haven't gotten a response. At this point I am thinking that I will not see my money or a carb. Disappointing.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so sad. I have run one his carbs for 2 or 3 years and it has been great. He worked with me to get the carb running right and I was very happy with the service. I have referred dozens of people to him for carb work but after reading this no more.
Sounds like yet another example that being a good technician does not necessarily mean you are a good business person.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugbyte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know just how much money he has taken. For me it's $160.00. I've seen other posts here that make me think he owes people totaling in the thousands.

Everyone I've met thru The Samba has been great. Always happy to offer some advice or even send another member a needed part for free. I'm sure that everyone has tried to be understanding and has been patient. But after 7 months his personal problems have now become mine as well. My money is "personal" to me. I have to work well over an 8 hour work day to earn that money. That's one day I worked, for nothing.

The last email I sent was ignored. He has never contacted me first.

Is there any recourse for us?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ksj138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: keifernet - [email protected] Reply with quote

Keith has had my carb since April 2011. Paid $185 through paypal, but it's been too long to be able to try to get a refund. It's a shame. I wish he would at least communicate with everyone. Mass email even would suffice just so we know that he's alive and that he's still planning on making good with his obligations to rebuild folks carbs. I have been nothing but patient and polite. If somebody is willing to send me his number, I'd like to try to call him. It seems like folks get better results that way. Maybe he doesn't have a computer anymore?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the community would be glad to assist him in any way we can to help him get things back on an even keel and carbs and things back to people. Just someone who knows how to reach him needs to get the process started so the rest of us can help. I am willing to contact him and give it my best try at pulling him out of whatever hole he has fallen into but someone needs to give me contact info. A guy like Keith with hundreds of positive posts and meticulous work has a good soul. Something happened in his life that has reduced his ability to function. Look - I walked into a doctors office two months ago with minor chest pains and walked out of a hospital four weeks ago with 7 stents and being told my lower heart is jello from a series of heart attacks I didn't even know I was having. Things happen to people without warning - I think he lived somewhere along the gulf. They had big floods this year - did he lose all in the floods this spring?
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to help him also. What ever he needs. let us know. DL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this might sound weird. I know how tight money is now and I want to offer to all that are out cash and carbs. Wiper stuff?

Let me know if you could use a wiper unit or parts. Repair.

I will even pay the shipping to you.

The Keith I remember would have done this for any of us,if we were in need.

DL West-Wiperguy
bugbyte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very kind of you. I don't need any wiper parts right now. If I do I'll let you know.
.....Rich
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
I am sure the community would be glad to assist him in any way we can to help him get things back on an even keel and carbs and things back to people. Just someone who knows how to reach him needs to get the process started so the rest of us can help. I am willing to contact him and give it my best try at pulling him out of whatever hole he has fallen into but someone needs to give me contact info. A guy like Keith with hundreds of positive posts and meticulous work has a good soul. Something happened in his life that has reduced his ability to function. Look - I walked into a doctors office two months ago with minor chest pains and walked out of a hospital four weeks ago with 7 stents and being told my lower heart is jello from a series of heart attacks I didn't even know I was having. Things happen to people without warning - I think he lived somewhere along the gulf. They had big floods this year - did he lose all in the floods this spring?

we have tried. I've offered to go get peoples carbs if a box or boxes are left outside with peoples names on them. Nothing. No flooding in this area at all, South East Houston. We are in an extreme drought

If the man isn't picking up his phone or answering emails, he obviously does not want to be contacted. At this point, chaulk it up as a loss, move on, and warn others not to send your parts or money to him, as has been done here
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
SGKent wrote:

we have tried. I've offered to go get peoples carbs if a box or boxes are left outside with peoples names on them. Nothing. No flooding in this area at all, South East Houston. We are in an extreme drought

If the man isn't picking up his phone or answering emails, he obviously does not want to be contacted. At this point, chaulk it up as a loss, move on, and warn others not to send your parts or money to him, as has been done here

or start filing small claims court suits and the like?

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugbyte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, even during the worst times of my life(deaths, illness, financial) I never took money from people. At least give us some reasonable explanation. It's not like this is The Spanish Inquisition. (No laughing you monty python fans.)
Jlprice11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several months ago i got in contact with keith about a carb i was having issues with. He was more than helpful letting me know it was a simple fix not in need of a rebuild unless i really wanted to.

We spoke for a while and after i asked he told me i could come hang out and learn a few things since im new to doing my own work on my car.

So i went out every other weekend for quite a few weeks. Brought him my engine and he helped me tune it up and walked me through. I got the opportunity to learn a little about carbs and keith was an all around great guy. Very knowledgeable and always eager to help someone he didnt know at all.

All of you who know him know that he is a great guy who delivers a quality product. The only problem i could see is he is a one man operation with tons of carbs sent from more people and sites than this one.

Being mechanically inclined i helped in the break down and cleaning of as many carbs as i had time for all the times i went, but he was just a little swamped, because obviously when your great at what you do word gets around.

Keith is a great guy i havent given him a call in several months, but i know that if i did today he would be more than welcoming and willing for me to come out and talk to me about whatever i wanted to know. And he would for anyone. Again he is a one man operation. alone. with back orders and working all day everyday trying to catch up. And im telling you all he is profoundly aware of the overall feeling on this thread and hes working hard to get to everyone he can on his own.

Not trying to make any excuses but i live probably 20 minutes from the guy and this was the worst last 5 or 6 months in texas history...hotter than hell. and if i had to be in that steel building all day everyday you would end up dead. IM sure he was doing whatever was physically possible with no ac in his shop at 120 with heat index.

Give the guy a break. This who know know that he delivers an exceptional product. And is not out to swindle or cheat anyone.
miller0358
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: keith Reply with quote

I talked to Keith about 6months ago about doing 2 carbs for me. He already did one for me a couple years ago and runs great. He said he was pretty backed up and needed to catch up before he took any new work. I told him I was in no hurry, so he said to send them down and he would do them when he could. With the quality work he does, that was good enough for me. I'm sure when he gets them done, I'll be hearing from him. Just my thoughts. Jeff
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of you that keep sending him carbs and money are stupid.

He's had mine and payment since Friday, August 6, 2010, 7:12 PM.

So good luck!
Frankus12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this truly is quite ashame. I spoke with Kieth via email just this past september i believe. Like the aforementioned, our conversations revealed he was keen to help out and even more keen to educate a young lad like myself about the real technical aspects of the carb. I was getting ready to send my carb away when all contact stopped. unfortunately i need this rebuild done soon, so if anyone has any other quality rebuilders they know of let me know.

at 104mph the front end of a bug lifts off the ground and steering becomes a suggestion...... not that I would know of course.....
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Fall of Vintagewerks has overhauled two for me and he's been very good at his work as well as at communicating regularly.

Here's his feedback thread.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207260&start=20

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Harney is also working on carbs again:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1223596

http://www.carburetorclinic.com/

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugbyte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now my problem is "money". I've already sent $160.00 to keifernet back in March. - I can't afford another.

Also, I still have to say that despite all the accolades for Keith, of which I have no doubt are absolutely true, that no matter what his situation is, he still took everyone's money. He could very easily have sent the money back. I used PayPal.

I haven't heard from him since August. I hear from my wife everyday.
BDSBSS23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paid him last year to get my carb rebuild but he was going to give me a nice carb. Ever since i never heard from him.... I am just disappointed with the service. Before he was awesome to deal with. I am sad to see a carb guru just disappeared even when the vw community needs him the most...
Pillar repair with 65 bus
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=530360
dheisel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a follow-up to a post that I made last year about Keith. I'm glad to hear that people have been in contact with him and I do hope that he is doing OK. That being said, I feel like I need to post my experience in hopes that something changes.

Based on all the positive feedback, I sent my carbs to him for work in June 2010 with $200 for the service. A few months went by with great contact, but no results. It was not a problem since I had plenty of other work to do. Keith and I spoke about the delay about my engine build. Based on all of those conversations, I felt comfortable sending my engine parts his way for a rebuild. I ordered the cam and valve and had them shipped his way as well as the heads that I had rebuilt. All of my engine parts were now at his shop as well as an additional $350 to start the process. Communication was great and I got a few photo updates. This was around October/Nov 2010. Then communication just stopped. No replies to my calls or emails. Only after posting negative comments here did Keith finally get back in touch.

After that all seemed not so good. I had already lost a lot of time on this project, nearly a year because of the engine. We spoke in Feb 2011, but by that point things had gone sour on the project and I had to find a home for the bus, which I did easily. I just couldn't let it sit in the garage while our house went up for sale. It was always a stipulation with my family for starting the project. Keith promised that he would make up for it by selling the engine. Well, here we are a year after those promises and 3 or 4 emails from Keith stating that he may have a potential buyer lined up, but those only came after much prodding from me.

I'd love to forgive the guy. I know that life can be difficult. We all have gone through tough times. Unfortunately, you can't just accept a project and someone's hard-earned cash without delivering on your promises. Being a freelancer myself, I would not last very long if I followed the same principles. I'm ready to make the drive from Georgia to Texas to recoup my losses.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: