Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Xmas Parade
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketcase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Xmas Parade Reply with quote

we went after our tree yesterday. we've been golng to a farm out ln the country where you cut your own. been $8 for almost 20 years but thls year lt had gone up to $10. we go thru a small town on the way thelr. one of those towns where you can see both ends at once. on the way back we got stoped by thelr Christmas Parade. Lead by a Police car school band three classic cars and two fire trucks. Best part was the classic cars were vintage Bugs. Told the Wife lf we had brought her Ghia we could have joine ln but we woulda had to tie the tree to her roof.
Altema
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good experience. Tree on the Ghia roof would have been interesting if you had a blanket to protect the car.

I drove mine to a parade last year because I was running sound on a float with a band, and I didn't have to haul much equipment that time. Funny thing was that a Corvair that was in fairly rough shape was participating in the parade and following the float I was working on, while the Ghia sat in the parking lot. The organizers still gave me a participation ribbon though Cool

Paul
The aussie Trimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a guy close by who only grows pine trees specifically shaped for Christmas; they start from $80 depending on size. So $10 bucks is a bargain.
participating in the parade would have been such a buzz.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: